Featured Posts

shoful

What a wuss. Def not man enough for me :ladyhaha:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RichAssPiss

I feel for him. It's not my business but I do believe he is queer. There are so many handsome stars who have gay rumors follow them in their careers. Most have been able to joke about it and move on from it. This seems to have a power over him and affects him strongly, which is what suggests to me it means something more to him than it does to others. There have certainly been recently queer celebs to deny they were queer and come out later. I remember Matt Dallas, Wentworth Miller, Colton Haynes all fought back against queer rumors but came out later. In my experience, the people who fight back the most are queer and hiding it. The emotional hurt is probably in being so readable as what you are trying to keep hidden from the world. That seems like it would be hard to deal with. When you don't want to come out or want to come out on your terms.

Head Empty
57 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Shawn is self imposing masculinity norms on himself and clearly has biases. I'm never offended when people think I'm straight. There's nothing wrong with being straight. Nor gay. 

He's not offended. He's annoyed. Thousands of people AND the media have been making jokes about it ever since he had his first hit. It's not just a couple of random comments.

As I said before in this thread. Making a few jokes is fine. Continual and structural teasing on a massive scale like this - regardless of the topic - can become extremely frustrating. Especially when  it's about a topic as sensitive as sexuality.

And yes he's projecting stereotypical norms of masculinity onto himself. But everyone has irrational insecurities. It's just that not everyone has them exploited on a massive scale like this.

holy scheisse
1 minute ago, Why am I on GGD said:

He's not offended. He's annoyed. Thousands of people AND the media have been making jokes about it ever since he had his first hit. It's not just a couple of random comments.

As I said before in this thread. Making a few jokes is fine. Continual and structural teasing on a massive scale like this - regardless of the topic - can become extremely frustrating. Especially when  it's about a topic as sensitive as sexuality.

And yes he's projecting stereotypical norms of masculinity onto himself. But everyone has irrational insecurities. It's just that not everyone has them exploited on a massive scale like this.

Offended...annoyed... is there a difference lol. I mean Gaga was called a hermaphrodite and she dealt with those rumors with grace. It's part of the dang territory in my opinion. And yeah I'm sure it is frustrating. 

Scarlet Bitch

He must be tired from being the bottom in his relationship with Nick :poot:

𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔦𝔰 𝔪𝔶 𝔡𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔯, 𝔦 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔣𝔬𝔯

I kinda get it but didn't Connor Franta also do that I swear I'm not gay you guys are pissing me off schtick for years before he finally made that coming out video and got them coins

MrDarkGa
1 hour ago, Blue wig said:

That's what he meant in that interview. Not that he thinks that  being gay is wrong, but that all those comments are unhealthy for all the people who need to stay closeted to survive.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here. 

In a straight dominated world, a straight idol appearing fearful of being called gay and stating it causes him signicant mental distress to the degree that he has said he augments his character and obsessively watches himself back to clock any feminine qualities is arguably going to force more gays into the closet as theyre possibly already doing this.

Its possible that Shawn owning the rumors or simply letting them roll off him could give them strength to come out or at least embrace themselves more. It could have them think "well if a straight guy can treat being gay as utter normality and even own his own femininity publicly, maybe I can do it too." 

ElectricKing

I'm all up for a laugh and a joke, but people constantly saying 'Shawn is gay' and making jokes are not thinking about those closeted people in parts of the world who can be killed for being gay. You're not thinking of those who have been chucked off buildings for being gay.

It's irresponsible to make jokes like that.

STOP sending tweets and messages saying 'oh shawn just come out already'. If he's saying he isn't gay, he isn't. If he is, you're making it 10x worse for him.

We all remember what it's like to come out, be respectful to others who may be struggling, and stop assuming people's sexuality. Sexuality should not be an issue.

2 minutes ago, MrDarkGa said:

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here. 

In a straight dominated world, a straight idol appearing fearful of being called gay and stating it causes him signicant mental distress to the degree that he has said he augments his character and obsessively watches himself back to clock any feminine qualities is arguably going to force more gays into the closet as theyre possibly already doing this.

Its possible that Shawn owning the rumors or simply letting them roll off him could give them strength to come out or at least embrace themselves more. It could have them think "well if a straight guy can treat being gay as utter normality and even own his own femininity publicly, maybe I can do it too." 

I feel the same way about it. Either he really is gay and that is why this topic bothers him so much OR he is unable to ignore something that shouldn't be that big of a deal if its not true therefor making himself a bigger target for it to continue to be a big thing because he's always reacting so harshly about it. If people see he doesn't truly care eventually they will get over it but I feel like he's inadvertently fueling the fire at this point. If you're that comfortable with being a feminine straight man then proudly walk the walk instead of constantly whining about the rumors...at the end of the day EVERY celebrity has some kind of rumors spread about them...imagine if Gaga spent all these years talking about how upset she was about the "she has a penis" rumor, people would still be talking about it to this day.

SpiritBunny

The fact he keeps talking about it makes me feel like he is closeted about it. 

I can get how it’s hurtful how after telling everyone you’re straight over and over and people are still calling him out to not being so. But the more professional way to react is to do nothing, that way there won’t be a bunch of speculation and less people will become interested

2School4Cool
3 minutes ago, Doug said:

I kinda get it but didn't Connor Franta also do that I swear I'm not gay you guys are pissing me off schtick for years before he finally made that coming out video and got them coins

Either way he still deserves to not be hounded about his sexuality. Whether the rumors and speculation are true or not, it doesn’t matter. Everyone should just respect what that person says they are. If someone says they’re straight, then we have no other job other than to respect that. I also don’t think someone saying they’re straight before coming out is a shtick, it just means they aren’t ready to announce who they are to the world. If Shawn says he’s straight, then everyone should respect that he’s straight, because his sexual orientation is no one else’s business but his own. 

See The Best In Everyone

2School4Cool
12 minutes ago, PinkPop said:

I'm all up for a laugh and a joke, but people constantly saying 'Shawn is gay' and making jokes are not thinking about those closeted people in parts of the world who can be killed for being gay. You're not thinking of those who have been chucked off buildings for being gay.

It's irresponsible to make jokes like that.

STOP sending tweets and messages saying 'oh shawn just come out already'. If he's saying he isn't gay, he isn't. If he is, you're making it 10x worse for him.

We all remember what it's like to come out, be respectful to others who may be struggling, and stop assuming people's sexuality. Sexuality should not be an issue.

mikekoziol yes GIF by Bizness Rebels

See The Best In Everyone

Nikolai Barrow

It must be hard to have the world not believe your sexual orientation. But at the same time he needs to word that a lot better because he's making it sound like being gay is a bad thing. Which will actually hurt a lot of young gay kids who already feel like it's bad to be gay. And probably look up to him.

Dilwyn
59 minutes ago, Timmers said:

I feel like I'm reading this very differently than most the people in the thread, so I want to speak from my understanding and I hope no one will attack me for it. I am not a Shawn stan or whatever he calls his fans, I'm just not sure what he's saying is being interpreted correctly, so...

I read it as it's hurtful to young men who actually ARE gay and haven't told anyone or don't feel safe and supported. That it can make them feel worse about themselves comparing their loneliness and isolation and lack of acceptance IRL to the way so many people online are wanting Shawn to be gay. Basically "It's not fair to people who are really struggling to come out of the closet that you think it's okay to pressure me to. I have the kind of support system that if I were gay, I'd be out. Other young gay men don't have that."

Every interview? Omg how often has he talked about this? I thought it only came up like once a year.

I interpreted the imperfect comment much differently. Half of the internet who thinks he's gay want him to be. But there's the other half, the toxic masc straight guys who won't listen to his music and maybe who even harass him online because they think he's gay. Being gay is imperfect to that half. Like "I have to stop worrying that other guys like me think less of me because they think I'm gay." 

Read my above comment. You might be right, but I think it's the straight male population and straight culture that is imposing masculinity norms on him, not himself. He's not offended that people think he's gay. I think he seems mentally affected by the way straight men "other" him, a feeling normally only minorities experience. Like actual LGBT people.

i think people already posted here, but he has talked about this a lot.

Archived