he's been telling this every single interview :triggered:

Only someone in denial needs to constantly make a point of it 

edengowon

I constantly get told I should be straight, that is also hurtful :triggered:

the artist formerly known as melancholia

DelusionalGaga
49 minutes ago, AMENiCURE said:

he's been telling this every single interview :triggered:

Except that it's not true? This is only the 2nd interview where is this the issue and it's most likely something the interviewer brought up. He was just literally answering a question he was asked. 

AmenTheNight

His own obsession for this subject means he's uncomfortable with his sexuality, whatever he is. So yeah, he should take a seat and relax, he's good looking and could have any girl or guy he'd want.

There's something wrong about him to obsess over what people think of his sexuality, when he's a FAMOUS person. Of course people are gonna talk about you and think/say things you wouldn't want them to. But that's the payback for fame. He should be above it and enjoy his life.

I mean, Nick Jonas, Justin Bieber and many other popstars have been called gay, and most of them never cared for it because they know who they love and don't feel the need to prove anything to anyone (as they should !). Nick Jonas even understood he could get fans and money by playing on this string, this doesn't make him any less straight in his private life.

So all this whining about this subject is awkward : he either has some homophobic points of views, or he's just trying to deny his sexuality. 'Cause no comfortable straight man would need to talk so much about how offended or hurt he is when it comes to gay assumptions. Being annoyed is one thing, hurt is another one.

Antoni

I feel like I'm reading this very differently than most the people in the thread, so I want to speak from my understanding and I hope no one will attack me for it. I am not a Shawn stan or whatever he calls his fans, I'm just not sure what he's saying is being interpreted correctly, so...

54 minutes ago, Eggs said:

Can someone please translate his fluff into actual English? Why is he arguing that it's hurtful? 

I read it as it's hurtful to young men who actually ARE gay and haven't told anyone or don't feel safe and supported. That it can make them feel worse about themselves comparing their loneliness and isolation and lack of acceptance IRL to the way so many people online are wanting Shawn to be gay. Basically "It's not fair to people who are really struggling to come out of the closet that you think it's okay to pressure me to. I have the kind of support system that if I were gay, I'd be out. Other young gay men don't have that."

52 minutes ago, Sugden said:

i get that can be annoying, but he makes it seem like is such a bad thing

Like get over it man, if you're not gay then you're not no need to be crying about every interview.

Every interview? Omg how often has he talked about this? I thought it only came up like once a year.

43 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

What an insensitive brat. This explicitly means he thinks being gay is an imperfection by itself. Is he for real?

I interpreted the imperfect comment much differently. Half of the internet who thinks he's gay want him to be. But there's the other half, the toxic masc straight guys who won't listen to his music and maybe who even harass him online because they think he's gay. Being gay is imperfect to that half. Like "I have to stop worrying that other guys like me think less of me because they think I'm gay." 

36 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Shawn is self imposing masculinity norms on himself and clearly has biases. I'm never offended when people think I'm straight. There's nothing wrong with being straight. Nor gay. 

Read my above comment. You might be right, but I think it's the straight male population and straight culture that is imposing masculinity norms on him, not himself. He's not offended that people think he's gay. I think he seems mentally affected by the way straight men "other" him, a feeling normally only minorities experience. Like actual LGBT people.

My name isn't Timmers

Luke78619

I mean, it must be annoying

like the other day someone at work thought I was staring at her boobs, and jokingly pointed it out and a manager overheard. Now whenever the manager sees me, she feels the need to bring it up and tell me I’m nkt really gay, and then tells everyone around that I’m not gay coz I was staring at a someone’s boobs. Whilst there’s nothing wrong with being straight (:laughga:) it’s still annoying to hear it all the time, time and time again

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

NIGHTCRAWLER

I mean, how many rumors about JB being gay and he never cried about it. I know everybody is different and reacts differently but I think he's himself doubting about his sexual orientation. I completely understand that he wants to keep it private and he doesn't need to tell the world anything anyway. I'd say we all should leave him alone with that, y'all can get wet in silence    

2School4Cool

I agree with Shawn, it’s insensitive to go judging someone for the way they look or act. Especially considering how public internet posts usually are. Imagine having everyone on Earth online telling you that you’re something you’re not. Gay, straight, bi, transgender, or anything in between, that has to be so infuriating. This isn’t an LGBTQ+ statement, this is just him saying “stop calling me things.” Also, just for the sake of argument, imagine if he is actually in the closet. If you were closeted and everyone questioned your sexuality, it probably wouldn’t make you feel good, it would make insecure and angry. And just because Shawn is straight doesn’t mean he doesn’t have closeted young gay fans who are learning that it’s okay to tell someone who they are, when it really isn’t. It’s one thing to have your own fantasy in your private life, but harassing him for years online about it is wrong and he’s allowed to be angry.

See The Best In Everyone

1 hour ago, Runway said:

“I feel like I need to go be seen with someone -- like a girl -- in public, to prove to people that I’m not gay.”

Why does he care so much tho? A straight guy wouldn't talk about this all the time to the media and cry like a baby. Something obviously hit a nerve. Maybe he's in denial, none of my biz tho

Antoni
Just now, monster78619 said:

I mean, it must be annoying

like the other day someone at work thought I was staring at her boobs, and jokingly pointed it out and a manager overheard. Now whenever the manager sees me, she feels the need to bring it up and tell me I’m nkt really gay, and then tells everyone around that I’m not gay coz I was staring at a someone’s boobs. Whilst there’s nothing wrong with being straight (:laughga:) it’s still annoying to hear it all the time, time and time again

My point too, kind of. Imagine trying to chill with some dudes or you meet a fan girl and her boyfriend backstage and the dude (in either situation) pops off with "Dude aren't you gay?" instead of talking to him like an equal. GGD assumes that anyone harassing him about being gay are LGBTQA fans who want him to come out. But it's very likely that he is bombarded by the gay question in day to day life just by other straight men he meets

My name isn't Timmers

3 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

I mean, how many rumors about JB being gay and he never cried about it. I know everybody is different and reacts differently but I think he's himself doubting about his sexual orientation. I completely understand that he wants to keep it private and he doesn't need to tell the world anything anyway. I'd say we all should leave him alone with that, y'all can get wet in silence    

:tea:

Archived