💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shawn: "Gay rumors are hurtful"

Runway

Featured Posts

littlepotter
16 minutes ago, Runway said:

If anything, the article made me realize your career isn’t over if people think you’re not perfect.”

What an insensitive brat. This explicitly means he thinks being gay is an imperfection by itself. Is he for real?

chaeri pls

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rifek

Then come out bish and there won't be rumours anymore - just facts :stalkga:

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

holy scheisse

I mean people assume we are all straight until we prove them different so been there done that Shawn. Tired of my grandpa asking me about when I'll bring a girl home. 

River

He's feminine, so people assume that he's gay and pretty much laugh about it and pretty much forcing him to come out.

I find it more homophobic than his statement.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Head Empty
1 minute ago, holy scheisse said:

I mean people assume we are all straight until we prove them different so been there done that Shawn. Tired of my grandpa asking me about when I'll bring a girl home. 

Both situations can be hurtful for very different reasons.

RockwellMonster

Seriously, guys? Even if he is gay, he’s clearly not ready to come out of the closet. He’s a 20 year old kid. Rumors of his sexuality are everywhere, he’s vulnerable and he’s afraid. Rumors are hurtful. Period. Gaga would be very disappointed in these comments.

holy scheisse
Just now, Why am I on GGD said:

Both situations can be hurtful for very different reasons.

Shawn is self imposing masculinity norms on himself and clearly has biases. I'm never offended when people think I'm straight. There's nothing wrong with being straight. Nor gay. 

MrDarkGa

Okay I understand that assuming someone's sexuality can be really damaging especially if they're struggling with identity, which he has asserted vigorously that he isnt. But he makes it seem like its detrimental to his livelihood and image when all it is is fantasy amongst fans etc. He is fueling the stereotype you see in school where being called gay is the joke, the insult or the worst thing possible. 

If anything it is a sign that toxic masculinity really is incredibly rife today.

Blue wig

Ok gays, do none of us remember being in the closet and feeling forced by all of society to pretend to be straight? When we'd panic when someone would call us a f*g and we'd have to lie and act like we're the straightest person? Are we going to ignore all the gays almost forcing him to be gay? 

How are people still in the closet because of a terribly homophobic family, how are they supposed to react to reading comments by all the thirsty gays telling him to come out?

That's what he meant in that interview. Not that he thinks that  being gay is wrong, but that all those comments are unhealthy for all the people who need to stay closeted to survive. We should all leave him alone, I haven't read all of the article, but he sounds like a great and very informed ally.

Shipper

I feel like he is very sensitive about this topic because deep inside he is also questioning himself but he doesn't want to admit it. 

But oh well it's his problem.  He is in the entertainment industry.  He will only be fueling the fire by crying about it this much.  

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

gagzus

It’s only hurtful if being gay is a bad thing in your eyes but lemme not drag him more

Mylene

i mean lol

"Swift was texting Mendes a cellphone video of them together, just to make sure he was cool with her posting it — a short clip of the night they were hanging out backstage at her Reputation tour and she put her glittery eye makeup on Mendes’ face, to his delight. He told her it was fine without thinking, but later that night, he woke up in a cold sweat. “I felt sick,” he said. “I was like, ‘****, why did I let her post that?’ I just fed the fire that I’m terrified of.”

"Mendes was in a movie theater watching Love, Simon— a comedy-drama about a closeted teenager whose sexuality is exposed by his classmates. He had a panic attack in the theater and had to leave early."

Mendes often finds himself watching his own interviews, analyzing his voice and his body language. He’ll see an anonymous stranger comment on the way he crossed his legs once and try not to do it again.

he has some really deep issue poor him.

Archived