💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shawn: "Gay rumors are hurtful"

Runway

Featured Posts

culturalbaptism
13 minutes ago, Earthfan said:

I'm sorry but there are ~actual~ people in this thread who are defending their behaviour and telling him to simply "get over it"? How ironic not only coming from someone who is a big fan of an artist who preaches kindness but also was probably themselves were bullied for being gay in high school. 

I have to laugh. 

Poor guy though. Internet culture is so toxic and mean. I just find it so ironic that people who were bullied themselves have now become the bullies themselves behind their keyboards. 

Gays are being murdered for being gay in some countries and miss thing is upset about some rumors.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LostBoyfriend
2 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

We do? :oprah: Misogyny = dislike/contempt for women. Since when is sexual attraction misogynistic? 

You're lost, huh? :wtfga:

Misogyny (/mÉȘˈsɒdʒÉȘni/) is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls. Misogyny manifests in numerous ways, including social exclusion, sex discrimination, hostility, androcentrism, patriarchy, male privilege, belittling of women, disenfranchisement of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification.

Straight out of Wikipedia, to keep it simple.

PunkTheFunk
34 minutes ago, Indeciso said:

You're lost, huh? :wtfga:

Misogyny (/mÉȘˈsɒdʒÉȘni/) is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls. Misogyny manifests in numerous ways, including social exclusion, sex discrimination, hostility, androcentrism, patriarchy, male privilege, belittling of women, disenfranchisement of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification.

Straight out of Wikipedia, to keep it simple.

"Butï»żÂ when wï»że see straight boys drooling for hot women we say it's creepy and misogynisticï»ż?" is what you said. You are saying that we call straight men misogynistic for drooling over women. First of all, I have never heard anyone say that.

Second, in the context of your comment I interpreted "drooling over" by its dictionary definition:

"to show extreme and sometimes silly pleasure while looking at someone or something:

E.g. Roz and I sat by the swimming pool, drooling over all the gorgeous young men."

What is so misogynistic about a man drooling over a woman? So if a gay guy drools over a man, are they showing contempt for men? 

Or maybe you should have specified that you meant "sexually objectify", which means something totally different?

LostBoyfriend
4 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

"Butï»żÂ when wï»że see straight boys drooling for hot women we say it's creepy and misogynisticï»ż?" is what you said. You are saying that we call straight men misogynistic for drooling over women. First of all, I have never heard anyone say that.

Second, in the context of your comment I interpreted "drooling over" by its dictionary definition:

"to show extreme and sometimes silly pleasure while looking at someone or something:

E.g. Roz and I sat by the swimming pool, drooling over all the gorgeous young men."

What is so misogynistic about a man drooling over a woman? So if a gay guy drools over a man, are they showing contempt for men? 

Or maybe you should have specified that you meant "sexually objectify", which means something totally different?

You know about the context we're in right? Gay people drooling over a straight guy to the point it's uncomfortable for him, and I was saying how if the situation was with men and a woman people would see it in another light. But fine, have it your way.

Jeez. Have a good night, I've been having a headache all afternoon:saladga:

Queen Gloria

Twunk doth protest too much.

raragaga

but like, he gay right?

xoxo

Jose P

He’s just saying it can be hurtful because getting your sexuality assumed in such an aggressive manner can damage people, especially those who are struggling with their identity. He recognizes the struggles of the LGBTQ community and knows that those jokes people make of his sexuality can hurt them. He know many aren’t as privileged as he is and might be affected by the things they say to him.

Honestly, how dare he be this pure and lovely. I hate having to fall in love with this man over and over every time he opens his mouth.

gagaisitalian
9 hours ago, littlepotter said:

What an insensitive brat. This explicitly means he thinks being gay is an imperfection by itself. Is he for real?

I think he's referring to the fact that he got backlash for the fact that he said he thinks he needs to date a girl so people will stop thinking he's gay. He realized he can get backlash for an interview but not be cancelled.

7 hours ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Nooo! He still loves me.  He said again a couple days ago he had a crush on me and I traded my cookies for his Twix during lunch and he said the Twix is special for me LOL

I'm so happy to you!! You better get his bananas too:lolly:

rooting for you❀

KingRedd

I won’t say much on this because I just see it going left. I will say this... Why is it okay for the LGBT community to joke about sexuality and make fun of his mannerisms but it’s not ok for a straight person to do the same with an actual gay guy. Saying “why does he make it seem bad” is a a cop out to harmful behavior. He’s straight. Leave it alone.

May I Read You? 😎

Antoni
9 hours ago, littlepotter said:

I extremely doubt any straight guy would give a damn whether Shawn was gay or not. That's kind of a stretch.

I don't know what life is like where you live, but I get threatened and called a ******* at least once a month by complete strangers. It's not a stretch to assume there are plenty of straight men who are afraid of / abusive towards men they assume are gay.

My name isn't Timmers

SarahYuko

I'm sorry but I don't see how "it hurts real gays" is an argument? It sounds like an assumption but if anything, his poor reaction to gay rumours has more of a negative impact than whatever rumours are swirling around his sexuality. He made things worse for himself. Idk if this is some PR stunt or he's genuinely upset, but if it's the latter, he's just giving people more reason to suspect his sexuality. Bad move.

SadBoi808

Rename this travesty to: Priveleged Caucasian boy gets his feelings hurt 

Lady Palutena

Oh no, this cis, white, man with problems.

AUfWNpF.png

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

AriolaGranola
13 hours ago, littlepotter said:

What an insensitive brat. This explicitly means he thinks being gay is an imperfection by itself. Is he for real?

He was talking about the comment he made about Dua Lipa, not being gay.

Archived