Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shawn: "Gay rumors are hurtful"

Runway

Featured Posts

Gracious Gaga
53 minutes ago, Balue said:

what happened with that straight guy??? did he hurt you?:lolga:

Nooo! He still loves me.  He said again a couple days ago he had a crush on me and I traded my cookies for his Twix during lunch and he said the Twix is special for me LOL

♥ Kindness Police.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Korok

I feel like these "rumours" are just a result of him having gay fans. Obviously the gay fans are going to crack a couple of jokes about wanting him to be gay. He's not the only straight, male artist who is sexualized by the gay community (Ex. Nick Jonas, Harry Styles, etc.). His commentary on the situation is embarrassing. I don't think he's gay but he's surely borderline homophobic. 

Epione

Shawny, you should think next time more before dropping your white Calvin’s in front of me in gay sauna in Vatican.

The comments in this thread disgust me to a certain extent. I know for a fact that many of you have had to deal with sexuality very seriously, either having to deny who you are or have people constantly harrass you about it, yet you think because he's a famous star who's attractive you thirsty twinks can begin to inflict the same on him.

He is most likely straight, but that doesn't mean that he should have to deal with such disgusting rumours. Rumours hurt whether they are true or not, and he already has no private life due to the press. He doesn't need his own fanbase prying.

I ask you all to look in the mirror and consider your actions before you continue making a mockery. Whether he's straight or gay, you're making it needlessly harder for him to live his life and be himself. Grow up and gain some dignity.

1 hour ago, Rio said:

How would you feel if you were called gay all the time? I got that in high school for years before I even knew I was gay and trust me...it's annoying, and does kinda hurt.

people need to leave him alone tbh

I also experienced homophobic bullying from a very young age, years before I knew I was actually gay, and believe me I understand perfectly well the damage this does to someone in terms of internalized homophobia, feelings of shame etc.

I wasn't really passing judgement on Shawn I just genuinely had no clue what the point he was making was. I dont think he articulated his point very well. I do applaud Shawn for apparently acknowledging his privilege and thinking about how others' actions impact on more vulnerable people than him. But I do also think a heterosexual adult should be able to brush off speculation about his sexual orientation, and that any hurt he may personally be feeling (that isn't on the behalf of others) is probably rooted in unconscious homophobia that he maybe needs to address in himself. 

PunkTheFunk

He reminds me of myself when I was in the closet -- I see so much of myself in him. I'd also like to see so much of him inside of me but that's a different matter.

Chromatislaps
3 hours ago, Salome said:

Let him live his life. He'll tell his sexuality if he's ready for it.

OldfashionedQueasyHarlequinbug-max-1mb.g

:giggle: 

AJRocketMan

I’m being serious here when I say this. All of his thoughts and feelings that he’s expressed as insecurities regarding his sexuality are exactly the same things I was plagued by when I was a closeted young man back in high school and college. I didn’t come out until after I left. A real straight guy would laugh and most likely joke a little about his sexuality, which a closeted man would never do. I should know—I’ve been there. Leaving ‘Love, Simon’ because you were having a panic attack? Are you kidding me?

The most probable reality is that Shawn Mendes is a deeply closeted gay man. That’s okay. But what’s not okay is his constant bringing up of these really bizarre thoughts that run through his mind regarding the gay rumors during interviews. It truly is suspicious. And don’t tell me that I’m a “horny gay” or a “thirsty white twink”. I am not attracted to him, nor do I like his music and his personality. I just recognize these behaviors because I experienced them myself.

sipthistea

Leave the poor guy alone. He's still very young and he's dealing with anxiety. Of course people commenting on him will affect him. Imagine people pushing you to come out of the closet in front of the whole world. If he's not gay, cool. If he is, let him be. It's no one's business. 

Fame really takes privacy away and your whole life is scrutinized by the public. And people can be very disrespectful these days. 

gypsy101
4 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

I mean people assume we are all straight until we prove them different so been there done that Shawn. Tired of my grandpa asking me about when I'll bring a girl home. 

people have never assumed i was straight, i’m flaming AF

holy scheisse
Just now, gypsy101 said:

people have never assumed i was straight, i’m flaming AF

I unfortunately was also impacted my masculinity/gender norms like Shawn and passed as straight for a while

(not asserting that he's gay  just relating this to the topic lol)

LostBoyfriend
5 hours ago, ChromeAngel said:

Get over it. It’s a complement that millions of charged up twinks drool over you :whitney:

This mentality it's so wrong.

But when we see straight boys drooling for hot women we say it's creepy and misogynistic?

Archived