💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
sales

Adult Contemporary Vs. DancePop Vs. Urban?

PerfectExca

Featured Posts

PerfectExca

I have a few questions/observations on the success of certain genres and music.

Why are soundtracks such as ASIB/TGS serving such longevity and  pure sale success?

What's the most popular genre WW? dance/bubblegumpop? Ballads/ Adult Contemporary?Hip Hop

I've seen a few times that ballads sell albums more than other types of music, is that true? And what exactly constitutes a power ballad?(relating to the very first question also)

Why does the music climate change(or what is the cause)? By I.E. the transition from 2000s pop to mid to late 2010s urban dominance, and even past then, such 1980s/1990s rap and RnB success.

What genres of music are directly related to  respective pure sale or streaming success ( if such a relation exists)?

Enlighten me:sis:

The sun will rise each day. Will you?

ARTPOPSTER

I feel like these soundtracks are from movies that resonate with people, making the soundtracks highly successful. 

While, Rap is quite popular in the U.S currently, I feel like Dance music dominates Eurasia. 

I would say that ballads tend to sell more than other types. Just look at Adele. She holds several records for her albums and she writes a lot of ballads. A power ballad would be a ballad that deals with a significant issue or topic, using strong emotion. 

The music climate changes because of experimentation and copying. First, one artist creates a certain type of music or sound. Then, everyone starts copying this trend. Current Rap is an example of this. Same occurred with 2000's pop.

There is definitely a correlation between genres of music and their success with different platforms. Genres that have a younger following tend to have more streaming success than just sales, while older people who follow different genres tend to buy music rather than stream. Rap, Hip-Hop, and Dance tend to have more streams than sales, while Rock and Country has more sales.

PerfectExca
14 minutes ago, ARTPOPSTER said:

I feel like these soundtracks are from movies that resonate with people, making the soundtracks highly successful. 

While, Rap is quite popular in the U.S currently, I feel like Dance music dominates Eurasia. 

I would say that ballads tend to sell more than other types. Just look at Adele. She holds several records for her albums and she writes a lot of ballads. A power ballad would be a ballad that deals with a significant issue or topic, using strong emotion. 

The music climate changes because of experimentation and copying. First, one artist creates a certain type of music or sound. Then, everyone starts copying this trend. Current Rap is an example of this. Same occurred with 2000's pop.

There is definitely a correlation between genres of music and their success with different platforms. Genres that have a younger following tend to have more streaming success than just sales, while older people who follow different genres tend to buy music rather than stream. Rap, Hip-Hop, and Dance tend to have more streams than sales, while Rock and Country has more sales.

Do you have a degree in pop culture or something?:sharon: thanks tho!:firega:

The sun will rise each day. Will you?

Lord Temptation

Music has been dead from 2013 till now. That year was when Gaga released ARTPOP about the decay of the pop superstar, when Billboard included streaming into it’s chart formula, when the music industry unleashed an infinity of new “it girls” with whispering voices, when mumble rap killed off experimental hip hop. 

2020s will be different. More authentic and personal vs cool and detached. “Shallow” is the kind of song that will define the “new” sound.

Archived