Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Should Gaga Wear to the Met Gala?

freebit

Featured Posts

freebit

So, we all know this calls for something colorful, fun, and  insanely tacky. We can all forget her going for some fierce, ethereally pretty look, since this theme is not about that and it would be lame if she didn't follow the theme. But there are some fun options. Obviously, Victor & Rolf are perfect at this:

vr-11.jpg?width=1368&height=912&fit=boun

I think if she doesn't wear V&R, she's GOT to possibly wear something from Vaquera. I think this Tiffany bag dress would fun and  it would be especially camp because she represents them, I imagine this custom made bigger and more dramatic, and paired with some serious jewelry):

GettyImages-635011988_master.jpg

This would be cute too in a "Oh, I just threw this on" kind of way:

1505313128-dressing-gown-nyfw.jpg?crop=1

This Preen quilt dress or this McQueen one could be fun too and in the same vein as the bathrobe:

Preen-Coats-London-Fashion-Week-Autumn-2

o-ALEXANDER-MCQUEEN-900.jpg?4

This umbrella dress (again, by Vaquera) would be cool paired next to someone else wearing that V&R "No pictures please"  dress on the red carpet:

LOOK_8.jpg

I was pretty blah on this theme until I started researching.  

(Oh, and  it would be cute if John Waters was her date.)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reject False Icons

Well it's an obvious choice but, she could use a McQueen with some of the strongest messages he had.

You know, I think we all hope Gaga to be Rihanna from 2017, the only girl who followed the theme and did it masterfully

I don’t care what she wears! I just hope she’ll give us new music!

Gucci seems like the obvious, safe choice,  but when else will she have a partner willing to dress up? I drive past their S/S 2019 billboard opposite the Chateau Marmont every day and when I first saw it, I immediately thought "oh sh*t, I need Harry and Gaga to wear his-and-hers Gucci lewks"  it probably won't happen but a girl can dream :flutter: 

Gucci-Showtime-Ad-Campaign-Spring-2019-H

my fav from the Victor & Rolf collection is v. relevant!!! 

_VIE0192.jpg 

also the back end of Saint Laurent F/W 2019 is literally Enigma  :what:  a custom fluorescent dress would be like Claire Dane's amazing fiber optic dress from 2016 (my favorite Met Gala look ever) if she's still into that aesthetic come May and the exhibit/gala incorporates blacklight elements 

1262881.jpg

TAIPEI

TOMO KOIZUMI Fall 2019
tomo9.jpg?quality=90&strip=all
and i would like to see Gags wear COMME des GARÇONS but it already has the theme back in 2017 so...

freebit
24 minutes ago, mauvais said:

also the back end of Saint Laurent F/W 2019 is literally Enigma  :what:  a custom fluorescent dress would be like Claire Dane's amazing fiber optic dress from 2016 (my favorite Met Gala look ever) if she's still into that aesthetic come May and the exhibit/gala incorporates blacklight elements 

1262881.jpg

I'm glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought of Enigma when that collection was released. (I still say she influenced Dior a bit when they came out with that soft cowgirl themed collection right after Joanne :duck:)

That Bugsby Berkeley themed Gucci ad is so gorgeous. :wub: If John Waters can't make it, I'd love for them to show up coordinate together as really a campy Gucci-ed Barbie & Ken situation.

LilyLark

I feel like there's a strong chance it's going to be McQueen. She has a relationship with the House & dressing one of the co-chairs is a big deal & they usually go for a few of the biggest stars (and Gaga is obvs. one of them). I could defn. see it being Viktor & Rolf, tho.

I'm kind of wondering if the same designer will dress Harry, Serena, and Gaga too so that all the co-chairs sort of match?

freebit
1 hour ago, LilyLark said:

I feel like there's a strong chance it's going to be McQueen. She has a relationship with the House & dressing one of the co-chairs is a big deal & they usually go for a few of the biggest stars (and Gaga is obvs. one of them). I could defn. see it being Viktor & Rolf, tho.

I'm kind of wondering if the same designer will dress Harry, Serena, and Gaga too so that all the co-chairs sort of match?

That would be cute if they coordinated somehow.

Though I hope Gaga is a free agent and her outfit is not dictated by Anna Wintour. 

28 minutes ago, Phlop said:

I just hope she goes tbh

She has to, she's the most anticipated co-chair!  Plus, she's walked the red carpet twice now, she's probably won't flake out.

JR Gg
19 minutes ago, freebit said:

That would be cute if they coordinated somehow.

Though I hope Gaga is a free agent and her outfit is not dictated by Anna Wintour. 

She has too, she's the most anticipated co-chair!  Plus, she's walked the red carpet twice now, she's probably won't flake out.

Gaga is a free agent. She can wear whoever she wants. :selena:

I hope they don't coordinate. Not here for pulling down Gaga's standards.

LaMaisonGaga
24 minutes ago, Phlop said:

I just hope she goes tbh

in case you missed it, she's the co-chair of this year's Gala lol. 

lamaisongaga.com

freebit
5 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

Gaga is a free agent. She can wear whoever she wants. :selena:

I hope they don't coordinate. Not here for pulling down Gaga's standards.

Anna calls the shots often in regards to the the attendees outfits and what designers they're going to wear (and even approves their dates sometimes - she would let Tom Ford take who he wanted one year). For example, she had ScarJo wear that terrible Marchesa last year. :deadbanana:

RAMROD

Going with the theme:

Eggs by Agatha Ruiz for Prada

1dd18d71ac31f6f932c75437da3db0f4.jpg

agatha_ruiz_de_la_prada_1.jpg

Or umbrella

agatha_ruiz_de_la_prada_4.jpg

Dressing up as tampon. This is vintage wedding dress btw.

74d4465d9e08bc08ad3b58dc977f662d.jpg

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

JR Gg
Just now, freebit said:

Anna calls the shots often in regards to the the attendees outfits and what designers they're going to wear (and even approves their dates sometimes). For example, she had ScarJo wear that terrible Marchesa last year. :deadbanana:

Not for Gaga though. Gaga even has photo and styling approval for her Vogue cover. :ally:

Archived