💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTPOP is Gaga’s most underrated album

Quark

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation

ARTPOP will be debated for decades to come. That’s how I know it’s THAT album. It is such a great album to hear when you’re getting ready to go out (not that I go out anymore :messga:). It really feels like an exploration of possibility! 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Within this fan base it is extremely OVERRATED. I will say that she was at her fashion peak, though. She served look after look in the AP era and it was amazing. 

Sugar Baby

The problem is that he Album was hyped as a very artistic visionary and revolutionary album by Gaga herself and a lot of monsters instead of just letting the music itself when in reality it was just songs with Dated EDM sounds talking about ART 

plus the album is all over the place

you literally have so many different songs like J&D, ARTPOP, Dope, Venus and Swine in one album, these songs don’t really share a sound or a theme with each other unlike TFM or BTW did

plus some songs were simply bad, the album would have been better  perceived if it only had like 11 or 12 songs 

songs like J&D, Fashion, Donatella were not needed and finally the songs are OVERPRODUCED that’s the main problem 

ARTPOP, sex dreams, swine, aura, manicure were all perfect in their Swinfest iTunes festival version but she overdid them and had a lot of unnessesary noise and worse lyrics than the orinal 

I loved Manicure in the swinfest version but the studio version is unlistenable to me 

plus instead of EDM the album would have been better if the rest of the songs had more sounds similar to DWUW, that song still sounds fresh and still the best song in the album 

LordEnigma

Funny how during the ARTPOP era and directly after, people were against it. Nostalgia brings out these things but I love it still!

Patrick Garcia
On 3/30/2019 at 7:48 PM, SpiritBunny said:

Literally the only song I use from ARTPOP is Applause. The rest of the album aged terribly or wasn't even good when the album released. 

Not even Applause for me...

OP: stop with this argument that people who don't like ARTPOP don't like it because it flopped. That's just not true... Honestly, I just can't put ARTPOP at the same level of her previous albuns, the pop masterpiece she delivered between 2008 and 2011. ARTPOP is a hard listening, not in a good way. Lana's NFR is a hard listening too cause it's very different from what's mainstream, but you won't get your ears assaulted, so it makes easier for people to open their minds and give it a chance and actually like it.  Gaga can be "crazy" and "campy" with beauty and glamour, like her performance at the met gala. Also, she can do MUCH better as she did before and after ARTPOP.

ear condom

The Lady gave us ARTPOP, the album is what it is, something neutral at the core. Now  there's room for individual interpretation. But those interpretations are just superficial and individual layers.

There is no such thing as " an ultimate truth  " with which everyone should agree about ARTPOP or any piece of art. 

If I'm 5'4 tall and  the girl next to me is 5'8 , I'll say that she is tall.  If this girl is standing next to a 6'2 boy , I'll say that she is short. You know what I mean ? 

If she made the album in her image and if ARTPOP reflects what she wanted to do at that time, then the album is perfect; period.

In the end I always feel like discussing the relevance or the quality of a song/album is like trying to know if the color green is better than the color red; if the color blue is too hyped or underrated etc ...  

PartySick
3 hours ago, CannaeDrive said:

With that random bumping (:awkney:) of this thread, I think it is necessary to reassert this ultimate truth.

Oops, didn't even notice this was an old thread :emma: oh well, no harm done. It's not like this very true message isn't posted regularly anyway :diane:

🖤

Patrick Garcia
1 hour ago, Sugar Baby said:

ARTPOP, sex dreams, swine, aura, manicure were all perfect in their Swinfest iTunes festival version but she overdid them and had a lot of unnessesary noise and worse lyrics than the orinal 

I loved Manicure in the swinfest version but the studio version is unlistenable to me 

plus instead of EDM the album would have been better if the rest of the songs had more sounds similar to DWUW, that song still sounds fresh and still the best song in the album 

Sex Dreams and MANiCURE album versions were really disappointing indeed. DWUW is a very good song, one of her best, but it would sound better as a solo.

ARTPOP has dated so badly imo and it doesn’t sound as good anymore as it used to, it would feel odd to listen to a song like Swine or Aura now. I’d say ARTPOP (the song) and Sexxx Dreams still sound fresh but they don’t stand out like other Gaga songs from other albums. ARTPOP is nowhere near the best album she has done. It’s a bit messy but I don’t hate it :oops:

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Inferno
22 hours ago, Deano said:

ARTPOP has dated so badly imo and it doesn’t sound as good anymore as it used to, it would feel odd to listen to a song like Swine or Aura now. 

When people say things like this all I interpret from it is that you're a sheep that has no sense of personal taste and you just flow with whatever's trending or being sold to you as cool.

People can do as they wish. But I personally have no respect for peoples musicality when they come from this perspective. Something sounding "dated" imo is irrelevant to almost any conversation surrounding music being good or not.

1 hour ago, Inferno said:

When people say things like this all I interpret from it is that you're a sheep that has no sense of personal taste and you just flow with whatever's trending or being sold to you as cool.

People can do as they wish. But I personally have no respect for peoples musicality when they come from this perspective. Something sounding "dated" imo is irrelevant to almost any conversation surrounding music being good or not.

If you knew me at all you'd know i'm  not a sheep when it comes to music, I hardly listen to what's in the charts and I'll explore many different genre's through sites like beatport or bandcamp and discover artists through there, I actually have a very broad musical taste so if you wanna presume I have no taste then c00l thanks. :vegas: 

At the time of it's release I was more into ARTPOP because it did sound current at the time and because it was Gaga I wanted to love it more than I actually did. I was a lot younger in 2013 so I was still growing and exploring music and now that i've matured  I feel like the style of music Gaga took on with ARTPOP is a required taste and in my opinion some tracks lacked soul compared to her other music and could of done so much better, I think it's fine to say that music can sound dated even when you're only into what's trending or not. Like at the moment I don't think i'll still be listening to ARTPOP in years to come as it just doesn't feel fresh to me anymore. I don't hate ARTPOP! I liked the era, it was fun I liked some tracks, the meanings, the artistry and even the tour that came with it, but for me it's not a timeless record.

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

RemovedPerRequest1
35 minutes ago, Deano said:

If you knew me at all you'd know i'm  not a sheep when it comes to music, I hardly listen to what's in the charts and I'll explore many different genre's through sites like beatport or bandcamp and discover artists through there, I actually have a very broad musical taste so if you wanna presume I have no taste then c00l thanks. :vegas: 

At the time of it's release I was more into ARTPOP because it did sound current at the time and because it was Gaga I wanted to love it more than I actually did. I was a lot younger in 2013 so I was still growing and exploring music and now that i've matured  I feel like the style of music Gaga took on with ARTPOP is a required taste and in my opinion some tracks lacked soul compared to her other music and could of done so much better, I think it's fine to say that music can sound dated even when you're only into what's trending or not. Like at the moment I don't think i'll still be listening to ARTPOP in years to come as it just doesn't feel fresh to me anymore. I don't hate ARTPOP! I liked the era, it was fun I liked some tracks, the meanings, the artistry and even the tour that came with it, but for me it's not a timeless record.

But they’re right, calling things trivial names like ‘dated’, doesn’t add credibility to your argument.

If you can critique art in one way, good for you. Maybe there were more layers than you understood. That’s what people aren’t getting, maybe you don’t understand it and that sucks for you, but you can always try to broaden your perspective.

Maybe that was the point of the album?

Archived