Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTPOP is Gaga’s most underrated album

Quark

Featured Posts

ear condom

Personally, I can't even listen to half of the songs from ARTPOP. After 20 seconds of listening to tracks like Donatella; J&D etc... it becomes unbearable to my ears, literally unbearable.  It feels like listening to a Myspace mixtape produced in 2006 by a 16 years old girl who just went to her first party. 

The thing is, I can totally agree with the fact that - maybe - I'm the one who doesn't understand  the whole album  !  And I'm fine with that just like I'm fine with those of you saying that it's a great album

Peace xx

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BigDreamer

I remember how excited I was around the time of Swinefest, the promo for ARTPOP, and alot of grand ideas fell flat or were scrapped all together. Applause at the VMAs was not Gagas original vision  "I wanna be with you" was transformed into the very heavy hearted song "Dope" (Not that its bad but it was very dense on such a colorful album. The single selection was a mess with Gaga and her management at odds with one another. I remeber there being atleast 3 or 4 songs proposed for the second single. DWUW was an easy slay but the hold up with the scrapped video and other behind the scenes stuff felt  like it kept holding itself back. It doesn't mean that the music was bad or underwhelming.  It just couldnt find its footing as an era but I still genuinely enjoy alot of ARTPOP. 

^^^^

All  just a part of my own personal understanding of the time period.

PartySick
On 3/30/2019 at 6:28 PM, andrew23 said:

4th single: MANiCURE

I still remember articles calling MANiCURE the "new Poker Face" :giveup:

🖤

skedaddleBItCh

I would say Joanne is her most underrated album:huntyga:

But still, I agree, ARTPOP is still criminally underrated:firega:

It was the 2nd album of hers that I listened to in full, the first being Joanne. The joy I felt when I listened to it the first time:kara:

ARTPOP may be not my favorite, but I concur that it's a lot better than most albums of today and then.

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭

IT IS OVERRATED FOR ME.

:selena:

Some of the songs are too "heavy" to listen it in a loop. This album is overproduced.  SORRY :neyde:

It is still an amazing album, but if we compare it with BTW, TF, TFM... :triggered:

My name isn't Alice

CannaeDrive
On 3/30/2019 at 6:20 PM, Vroom Vroom said:

Cheek to Cheek is her most underrated album. Some monsters still refuse to even listen to it or acknowledge its existence 

With that random bumping (:awkney:) of this thread, I think it is necessary to reassert this ultimate truth.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

RochestrMonstr
11 minutes ago, Kapi09 said:

It is still an amazing album, but if we compare it with BTW, TF, TFM... :triggered:

ARTPOP is definitely better and more interesting than The Fame though, so I would happily make that comparison. 

(Everyone’s opinion is different though, so to each their own). 

RemovedPerRequest1
1 hour ago, Mordred said:

Personally, I can't even listen to half of the songs from ARTPOP. After 20 seconds of listening to tracks like Donatella; J&D etc... it becomes unbearable to my ears, literally unbearable.  It feels like listening to a Myspace mixtape produced in 2006 by a 16 years old girl who just went to her first party. 

The thing is, I can totally agree with the fact that - maybe - I'm the one who doesn't understand  the whole album  !  And I'm fine with that just like I'm fine with those of you saying that it's a great album

Peace xx

Sound opinion about this subject, Thank you for sharing. I disagree, but your open-mindedness makes me consider your side as well. x

RemovedPerRequest1
28 minutes ago, Kapi09 said:

IT IS OVERRATED FOR ME.

:selena:

Some of the songs are too "heavy" to listen it in a loop. This album is overproduced.  SORRY :neyde:

girl you need better headphones or speakers

HotLikeMexico
On 3/30/2019 at 3:19 PM, _Scheisse said:

It really isn’t. The songs were overproduced and. her vocals were edited awful. Most of the tracks don’t have a meaning, they feel like parodies of herself.

Jewels and drugs, dope, Donatella and swine are trash, arguably her worst songs.

ARTPOP, Manicure and Aura were done thirty, she destroyed the album versions with those vocals. 

Sexxx dreams was messed up as well.

G.U.Y.’s chorus is super bland, the bridge is very good though.

Gypsy, Applause, Venus and DWUW (ironically, the best of the album and one of her best tracks overall) are the only ones that I enjoy to this day, and even those feel weird at times.

^ speaking the truth. 

Archived