Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Katy Perry can't function as a pop star without Max Martin, unlike Britney?

mzncb

Featured Posts

She’s only put out one album without Dr. Luke though? Britney also was in a much more favorable music market during the 2000s when music actually sold and everything wasn’t so oversatured. 

freebit

Katy's lack of success has more to with Katy's brand of big campy, cheerful pop not being in style right now.

RichAssPiss

She is still working with Max Martin. She stopped working with Dr. Luke, who was a constant in her career before Witness. He produced every one of her hits except "Firework" and "Waking Up In Vegas," often with Max Martin but sometimes with Benny Blanco or Cirkut. If there is a recent shift in her career it is the severing of ties with Dr. Luke. Max Martin still produced on Witness.

1 hour ago, mzncb said:

Britney has won a Grammy award and was the executive producer of an album that was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's archives (and she obviously selected a number of producers for that album; mostly the ones she's worked with on previous albums) without Max Martin.

But Katy Perry literally doesn't have any success whatsoever without Max Martin.

Someone explain this.

Britney winning one Grammy and being in the industry for 20 years isn’t very impressive. :noparty:

Bradley

Why are you on a Lady Gaga forum trying to make Britney Spears look good by bashing Katy Perry?

This is I dk your second or third thread in three consecutive days trying to make unnecessary comparisons between them?

And your justifications aren't even good. They both are capable of working with various producers. Katy Perry has displayed a higher level of musicianship than Britney Spears has, and I do like Britney Spears's music.

Smother Em Eh

Why does this even matter really? 

There’s so much Britney vs. Katy threads lately and I ask why? 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

bluemonkey
8 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

I hate how all of a sudden Britney fans decided to pick on Katy in order to make Britney look better. Not the first thread like this I'm seeing this week. Like damn, leave her alone. :madge:

Well she needs to stop shading Britney all the time. No one asked her to, she just voluntarily throws in a Britney shade.

FATCAT
8 hours ago, WarriorPhoenix said:

Using this logic you could say Gaga couldn't function without Mark Ronson or RedOne

You and I is the exception!

Purr more, hiss less.

Runway
8 hours ago, WarriorPhoenix said:

just as Katy can thrive without Max Martin

Then why isn’t she

Admin
8 hours ago, mzncb said:

But Katy Perry literally doesn't have any success whatsoever without Max Martin.

Her biggest hit was literally written without Max Martin.

• Admin locked this topic

Archived