Runway

Featured Posts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Serial Chiller
12 minutes ago, Economy said:

I don't know I guess it's a matter of personal opinion

Personally I do think get the obsession some ppl have with every single having to be so deep and "inspiring"

There's room in music to have songs that don't really mean much and are literally just bops u don't have to take seriously

Gaga herself has had songs like that such as Love Game, Telephone, Just Dance etc

I'd have to call false analogy on that. Gaga's songs, no matter how brainless they are, carry a cheekiness, either in her lyrical presentation/ delivery/ performance. You're telling me 'I wanna take a ride on your disco stick' is not one of the most 'thigh slapping - burst out lout' moments of pop lyrics out there? That makes them special. Being unique =/= being deep or anything you said. I use the word 'uninspiring' because, well, it doesn't make me feel anything. It's not bad, it's not good. It's like.... nothing. It's a pure trend hop move that obviously worked out for her, but pretty sure it's going to age like milk. Imagine singing  "Been through some bad ****, I should be a sad bitch Who woulda thought it'd turn me to a savage?" as a mature woman. 

It's like a joke how Usa radios pretended that Shallow couldn't became a hit!!

Everywhere around the world this Song was like a storm (radio, Awards, oscar etc) and Usa continued to shrug it off!!!

At least we have a new top10 hit!!!

Congrats Queen!!!

You and Me could write a Bad Romance...!!

Runway
3 hours ago, Jaume said:

That is AMAZING.

Which was the last  Gaga song to achieve that??

Applause #7

Harry
3 hours ago, Serial Chiller said:

I'd have to call false analogy on that. Gaga's songs, no matter how brainless they are, carry a cheekiness, either in her lyrical presentation/ delivery/ performance. You're telling me 'I wanna take a ride on your disco stick' is not one of the most 'thigh slapping - burst out lout' moments of pop lyrics out there? That makes them special. Being unique =/= being deep or anything you said. I use the word 'uninspiring' because, well, it doesn't make me feel anything. It's not bad, it's not good. It's like.... nothing. It's a pure trend hop move that obviously worked out for her, but pretty sure it's going to age like milk. Imagine singing  "Been through some bad ****, I should be a sad bitch Who woulda thought it'd turn me to a savage?" as a mature woman. 

you seem really upset about this song for some reason lol

Inferno
On 3/27/2019 at 11:51 AM, Economy said:

I don't know I guess it's a matter of personal opinion

Personally I do think get the obsession some ppl have with every single having to be so deep and "inspiring"

There's room in music to have songs that don't really mean much and are literally just bops u don't have to take seriously

Gaga herself has had songs like that such as Love Game, Telephone, Just Dance etc

I don't think everything has to be deep and quite honestly don't really take issue with Ariana in general, however, I think the real question is how 7 Rings got as popular as it did? It just doesn't sound good imo. I don't mind basic, I don't mind cute, I don't mind shallow, but its just so blah? Yet its stayed for weeks at #1? Its a true testament to the fact that we're in Ariana's peak and she could fart on a faux-trap beat and people will buy it. But I think like certain #1's from the past: One More Time by Maroon 5 comes to mind for some reason, everyone will literally just forget it ever existed and its multi-week chart topping status will ultimately mean nothing. Thank U Next on the other hand, was cute, I understand why it was popular. 7 Rings is not.

Inferno
On 3/27/2019 at 3:30 PM, Harry said:

you seem really upset about this song for some reason lol

How so? Its a deep dive analysis of a currently inescapable multi-week chart topper. Not a hate fueled tirade.

Emvee
On 3/27/2019 at 12:11 PM, Serial Chiller said:

That awkward moment when “Just ask your gay friends their advice, before you get a spray tan on holiday in Taipei” exists. 

No interest in defending 7R or AG whatsoever, but that’s a pretty damn high horse you’re on lol 

doppelganger

It speaks a lot about pop music that the minute Ariana stopped singing, she became the biggest pop star in the world.

Harry
10 hours ago, Inferno said:

How so? Its a deep dive analysis of a currently inescapable multi-week chart topper. Not a hate fueled tirade.

"Deep dive analysis" give me a break :toofunny: It's just an incessant one-sided dragging of something the user doesn't like, making zero interesting points.

sipthistea
5 hours ago, doppelganger said:

It speaks a lot about pop music that the minute Ariana stopped singing, she became the biggest pop star in the world.

It's insane.

She has such a great voice. She can whistle and deliver a fantastic performance, yet no one paid attention to that.

So now that she brags about her rich lifestyle and doesn't even sing anymore, payola's ready to support that stuff. Even music critics praise that. 

sipthistea
6 hours ago, Postboy said:

That awkward moment when “Just ask your gay friends their advice, before you get a spray tan on holiday in Taipei” exists. 

No interest in defending 7R or AG whatsoever, but that’s a pretty damn high horse you’re on lol 

Funny that when Gaga did it back in 2013, people turned around and didn't care for it, being that song a satirical portrayal of rich and famous. ARTPOP was even labelled her "worst album" by so many for those lyrics. 

But people seem to be enjoying Ariana's uninteresting lyrics, and radio is supporting her for not singing but for whatever she does now. 

Archived