AndiGaga

POLL: Surprise drop vs. Countdown  

102 members have voted

1. 1. POLL: Surprise drop vs. Countdown

• Surprise drop
    • Countdown (at least 7 days)

Featured Posts

ferretti

I like both, although surprise drops are sorta over at this point, but Gaga hasn't really done one (I GUESS The Cure, but that wasn't really a full-effort release). I think she could get away with one with all of her hype right now and explode.

disco stick tester, inquire within

ydnmnme

Omg I get hyped even by this thread :excited2: 

It’s my first pre-release era as GGD member and I’m so excited!! :party:

𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝒷𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝐼 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

TimisaMonster

A countdown would be better...this is her "comeback" to pop music after gaining back the GP with C2C, Joanne, and ASIB

She needs to milk the hype and make it an event so a surprise drop would be exciting yet risky to leave it up to word of mouth about her new music 

Allow media to get time to write articles around her countdown so people are anticipating it...right now I think she is too quiet so anytime now should be ideal 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

BleepBloop
18 minutes ago, Scathach said:

No way she releases this week against Billie Eilish...

I'm sorry but, literally no one I know even knows about Billie releasing, even I as a huge music fan, didn't know she was releasing this week. And I honestly see NONE of the hype that some of you make for this album lol. Not on Twitter, not on Instagram and not anywhere else. Billie is still very much indie IMO, she's not even there where Lorde was with Royals. Gaga has no reason to be concerned.

But yeah she's probably releasing next week, we'll see.

Schizophonic

i think we eighter get wednsday and anouncement for the single to come out on friday

or she posts on her birthday a "thank you for your congrats and my single is out at midnight"

i dont think she suprise releases the album tho

1 hour ago, Thotiana said:

They kill the hype with their weird choices.

you'd think since gaga's team is a group of professionals that they'd be able to make better decisions(perfect illousion tease :ohwell:)

TEANUS

I’d rather an announcement 1 day before of the single release + album title. By the time everyone is reading articles about the announcement and it goes trending the single will be out. MV the same day as the single

Then one month before the album release the album cover+release date. Don’t release the track list till one week before the album release + an instant grat

BAM

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

jaXXXon

We already sort of had a surprise drop with The Cure (people seem to forget lol) and that went... okay, I guess. I'm fine with a surprise release but I'd much rather have a single first whether it be a surprise or announcement. 

That said, having an announcement would indeed be less risky and I also don't want her to "Beyoncé" her eras and give the singles horrible treatment, which is what could potentially happen if the album is a surprise release. 

monketsharona

I'm mixed :

I would LOVE to wake up discovering the world ended during the night with a Gaga new song released.

BUT it's always cool to have an announcement for the hype. Like dying for the D day to come

Archived