POLL: Surprise drop vs. Countdown  

102 members have voted

1. 1. POLL: Surprise drop vs. Countdown

• Surprise drop
    • Countdown (at least 7 days)

Featured Posts

AndiGaga

Hello Little Monsters.

We all know, the LG6 lead is coming soon. How soon... nobody knows but what would you prefer?

A surprise drop with the single being there immediately or a Countdown of at least a week.

Thotiana

Surprise drop. This is the right moment for her to do it. After learning that she wanted Aura as the lead single for ARTPOP and they chose the wrong song as the lead for Joanne and then A-YO as the second one when Million Reasons should’ve been their very first choice, they shouldn’t have a saying on what the lead single should be. Surprise album and let people decide the lead single. 

They kill the hype with their weird choices.

aaron l

Somewhere in between, like a mysterious countdown toward a surprise drop. So the media hypes it up ala Taylor's previous debunked countdown.

Bradley

Definitely surprise drop. Her popularity went through a meteoric resurgence, this is the right time to do it, especially if it's a solid album that is well made. But again, no Gaga album has ever disappointed me, so I'd say I have relatively high faith in her.

Besides, she's never done this before. All albums she released in the past were preceded by lead singles. This would be an unusual yet interesting strategy.

And Shallow also didn't take off immediately, so it is okay if the LG6 lead slightly underperforms, all she needs is to promote it consistently and make it fly. Sometimes Gaga's songs just have that 'sleeper hit' quality where it suddenly explodes.

2School4Cool

I always love the anticipation of a new album, waiting to listen to it at midnight, counting down the minutes and building up hype. But a surprise release would be incredible too, I would be so ecstatic. 

See The Best In Everyone

BleepBloop

Honestly, a surprise drop this week seems much more plausible to me, than an announcment and release (for example) next Friday, don't know why though

• Admin changed the title to Poll: Surprise drop vs. Countdown
Economy

I'd love for the lead to come out of nowhere tbh. Just go on my phone on a Friday morning to find Gaga released a new single that would be epic!

I'd love a countdown for the album tho

Scathach
4 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Honestly, a surprise drop this week seems much more plausible to me, than an announcment and release (for example) next Friday, don't know why though

No way she releases this week against Billie Eilish...

Phoebe Buffay

surprise drop might be great for a #1 debut (talking about single-wise), but still i like the countdown release more.

ElectricKing

It's always been a dream of mine to wake up one day and see a brand new album from Gaga but I love countdowns too much. I love the teasing, the snippets of songs, the release of the promo images, the first single, the second single and then the album.

But, a surprise album drop would be pretty incredible. Just imagine waking up and getting 12+ songs to listen to. I think it would be a great strategy too. Everyone would rush to get it.

Glamourpuss

I want a countdown tbh. The anticipation is part of the fun. 

A surprise release would take the fun out of it. All it would be is the music right now but none of the speculation and excitement. And I need the excitement. 

I liked how with Bad Romance video for example. I couldn't wait to get home to watch it. It was something to look forward to. 

The Perfect Illusion hype before the release was painful because I couldn't wait but if it had been a surprise drop I think we would have been more disappointed. 

This is about album and not single, but I liked how we heard Joanne snippets about a week before we heard the album. That was fun. 

Archived