32 weeks Closer

31 weeks Despacito

Shape of You :neyde:

She got this i predict 44 weeks :vegas:

Don't take me seriously and meltdown if it doesn't happen though :toofunny:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Lazz Monster
5 minutes ago, Miaou said:

her record ? It was Poker Face with 21 weeks, now Shallow broke it with 22 weeks (still charting) 

If you're talking about overall artist then Shape Of You holds the record with 39 weeks inside the top 10. 

i know sis :poot: but i didn't mean inside the top 10, i meant inside the top 100 :poot:

We're far from the Shallow now

Miaou
34 minutes ago, Lazz Monster said:

i know sis :poot: but i didn't mean inside the top 10, i meant inside the top 100 :poot:

oh lmao sorry :poot::poot::poot::poot::poot:

It's still Poker Face with 51 weeks inside the top 100 :gaycat:

Lazz Monster
1 minute ago, Miaou said:

It's still Poker Face with 51 weeks inside the top 100 :gaycat:

Shallow is coming :gaycat:

Economy
1 hour ago, The Cure said:

Shallow touches all the numbers from 1-10.

I didn't even notice that :emma:

Economy
56 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Why are all these songs from the last 3 years? :oprah:

25 minutes ago, Lazz Monster said:

streaming sis :poot:, it's easier to stabilize during the streaming era than during the digital era

This! Streaming tracks what ppl are actually listening to and if a song stays popular a long time it will keep getting points

The issue with sales is that once someone buys it you have no way of knowing how long they keep listening to the song for. Each person typically only buys the song once unless they are a super Fan trying to get the song to chart higher

That means in the past once most ppl bought a single and sales dropped the song would fall on the chart as well even if ppl were still listening to it :shrug:

Despite criticism, I think streaming is still more accurate than sales was for charting purposes

Lazz Monster
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Despite criticism, I think streaming is still more accurate than sales was for charting purposes

i think both are important. what i don't understand at all is why radios still count, it doesn't represent anyone but the DJs' taste :saladga:

swakby
6 minutes ago, Economy said:

I agree.

However, I don't think streams of singles prior to the entire album's release should be counted for certifications as it doesn't reflect the overall album's popularity. Imo they should count streaming towards the album's points only after the entire piece is out. 

Economy
1 minute ago, Lazz Monster said:

i think both are important. what i don't understand at all is why radios still count, it doesn't represent anyone but the DJs' taste :saladga:

I get what ur saying... But I guess radio still accounts for so much music activity and AI that it's impossible to ignore independent of who chooses :shrug:

At the end of the day ppl can still switch stations if they don't like what's playing and most people do that

Economy
2 minutes ago, swakby said:

I agree.

However, I don't think streams of singles prior to the entire album's release should be counted for certifications as it doesn't reflect the overall album's popularity. Imo they should count streaming towards the album's points only after the entire piece is out. 

Meh I don't know... It's still part of the album and if they listen to the single it's cuz they like the single so in my opinion it should still count. That single ppl are streaming that they like is still one of the tracks in the album at the end of the day and one of its hits

But there's different ways to look at it I guess

Curunir
4 hours ago, Miaou said:

39 weeks Shape of You

35 weeks Girls Like You

33 weeks Uptown Funk

32 weeks Closer

31 weeks Despacito

Shape of You :neyde:

4 hours ago, Teal Ambition said:

All I got to say is my country has

D2lPwjDWkAAJyd9.jpg