šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Shallow Now Gaga's Biggest Global Hit?

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

Maybe not in specific markets (I know ppl tend to look at the US a lot) but globally speaking

Ā 

- #1 in countless Countries

- #1 on iTunes 138 days now

- Solid streams

- Lots of longevity (5 months and still relevant)

- Solid music video views

- More awards and critical acclaim than any of her past singles

Ā 

Side note, in my Country Canada this week it will surpass Poker Face as Gaga's longest running top 10 hit (22 weeks) and as of now it's still at #2

Ā 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mirages
10 minutes ago, Economy said:

Side note, in my Country Canada this week it will surpass Poker Face as Gaga's longest running top 10 hit (22 weeks) and as of now it's still at #2ļ»æ

What's the longest overall? Can she beat that?

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Economy
Just now, Mirages said:

What's the longest overall? Can she beat that?

I'm not certain tbh

Ā 

I know the longest running #1 at least this millenium is "I gotta feeling" by black eyed peas which was #1 for 16 or 18 weeks or something and it stayed in top 10 for some time after that

Ā 

I don't know if that song is the longest running top 10 as well tho or just longest running #1

FfFfFfFF

I don't think it surpassedĀ Poker Face and Bad Romance (yet?). It'd say it's bigger than BTW and all other songs though.

LittleMichael

I was thinking about previous singlesĀ :oprah:

I guess only Bad Romance and Poker Face can really compete with Shallow right now

Just Dance was a big success, but not too worldwide at the end

I'm not so sure about Born This Way, because it was huge in AsiaĀ :oprah:

Ā 

bloody g

It's bigger than BTW for sure. So only Bad Romance and Poker Face stand above it. We'll know in a year.

怎šŸššš­šž šœššš§š§šØš­ š›šž šœš”ššš§š šžšć€

Adelita

Shallow has already passed the Poker Face's chart run in the top 10 of several countries, what other pop girl has surpassed her career's biggest success with even greater success 11 yĀ later in her career? In my mind, only Mariah with WBT, Whitney with IWALY and Celine with MHWGO, because Britney didn't surpass BOMT, Madonna didn't surpass Like Virgin, Xtina didn't surpass Gennie In A Bottle, Cyndi didn't surpass GJWTHF, Katy didn't surpass Firework, Rihanna didn't overcame Umbrella,Ā Adele didn't beat RITD and on and on...

Ā 

OT: Shallow is the biggest hit of Gaga's career

RAMROD

Yes.

This is her My Heart Will Go On, this is her evergreen song that people will still sing and play many years in the future,Ā don't @Ā me.

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

FfFfFfFF
12 minutes ago, Adelita said:

Shallow has already passed the Poker Face's chart run in the top 10 of several countries, what other pop girl has surpassed her career's biggest success with even greater success 11 yĀ later in her career? In my mind, only Mariah with WBT, Whitney with IWALY and Celine with MHWGO, because Britney didn't surpass BOMT, Madonna didn't surpass Like Virgin, Xtina didn't surpass Gennie In A Bottle, Cyndi didn't surpass GJWTHF, Katy didn't surpass Firework, Rihanna didn't overcame Umbrella,Ā Adele didn't beat RITD and on and on...

Ā 

You are forgetting the biggest and most surprising comeback - Cher.

Hung Up and Sorry were some of the biggest worldwide hits of their respectiveĀ years. US payed them dust but smashed Europe so I think they are on Madonna's oldest hits level or at least close to them.

Economy
24 minutes ago, Adelita said:

Ā 

Cher 30 years Into her career with Believe at age 52 :selena:

Ā 

Edit: Believe also made her the oldest female to ever go #1 in the US in addition to that single going #1 in pretty much every major market in the world!

Adelita
10 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

You are forgetting the biggest and most surprising comeback - Cher.

Hung Up and Sorry were some of the biggest worldwide hits of their respectiveĀ years. US payed them dust but smashed Europe so I think they are on Madonna's oldest hits level or at least close to them.ļ»æ

Cher, unlike these girls, didn't really have aĀ BIG HIT in her career until Believe was released, get my point? About Madonna: HU and Sorry are both successulful, but theyĀ only were successful (especially in Europe) because one was sampled from ABBA, the biggest band of all time in Europe and the other came with the same dance music footprint.

Economy
Just now, Adelita said:

Cher, unlike these girls, didn't really have aĀ BIG HIT in her career until Believe was released, get my point? About Madonna: HU and Sorry are both successulful, but theyĀ only were successful (especially in Europe) because one was sampled from ABBA, the biggest band of all time in Europe and the other came with the same dance music footprint.

I don't know the chart history for all of her songs but "If I could turn back time" was definitely a big one

Ā 

And either way she had a major career for decades when she had her biggest hit that's was the point

FfFfFfFF
6 minutes ago, Adelita said:

Cher had plenty of hits before Believe. 3 1# songs before it.

And I don't see how the fact that Sorry had a sampleĀ contradicts the fact that was successful. Hung UpĀ  and Sorry were Madonna's comeback hits and made a lot ofĀ year-end charts, regardless of circumstances.

Adelita
19 minutes ago, Economy said:

Cher 30 years Into her career with Believe at age 52 :selena:

Ā 

ļ»æ Edit: Believe also made her the oldest female to ever go #1 in the US in addition to that single going #1 in pretty much every major market in the wļ»æorld!

Ā 

Let me explain again...

37 minutes ago, Adelita said:

What other pop girl has surpassed her career's biggest success with even greater success 11 yĀ later in her career?

My point was about, after more than a decade of career, the artist managed to overcome her FIRST BIG HIT, Cher didn't have any worldwide sized hitĀ until Believe, as you can check here:

http://www.mediatraffic.de/alltime-track-chart.htm

Among the 404 biggest hits of all time, according to this site, Cher only has one in herĀ career, Believe.

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, Adelita said:

Ā 

Let me explain again...

My point was about, after more than a decade of career, the artist managed to overcome her FIRST BIG HIT, Cher didn't have any worldwide sized hitĀ until Believe, as you can check here:

http://www.mediatraffic.de/alltime-track-chart.htm

Among the 404 biggest hits of all time, according to this site, Cher only has one in herĀ career, Believe.

Well it's very hard to measure how big a song was, and then compare it mathematically to her comeback to see if it was bigger. I don't think it can work like that.

Archived