Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Shallow Now Gaga's Biggest Global Hit?

Economy

Featured Posts

KatieJudasGaga4
Just now, Economy said:

Yeah but it fell off the top 10 like instantly

I agree with that u said about cultural impact being a factor in songs being remembered

But some commercial success is also needed for ppl to remember it

I don't think any of the GP really thinks about Judas like ever anymore tbh

I'm talking about terms in success. People on her say it totally flopped. When in reality, the only flop singles Gaga really had was Til It Happens to You, G.U.Y. and maybe Marry The Night. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
1 minute ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I'm talking about terms in success. People on her say it totally flopped. When in reality, the only flop singles Gaga really had was Til It Happens to You, G.U.Y. and maybe Marry The Night. 

I agree Judas wasn't a true flop. But aren't u the one that listed Judas along with Poker Face, Bad Romance and BTW or was that someone else?

Cuz yes those songs had impact... Judas did too when it first came out

But because its success was moderate at best, it didn't really stick into ppls minds and within a month we moved on to the next single Edge of Glory

All I'm saying is a song can make you think or be controversial or whatever. But without enough commercial success it still won't be remembered

More ppl remember Just Dance or Telephone than Judas tbh

KatieJudasGaga4
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

I agree Judas wasn't a true flop. But aren't u the one that listed Judas along with Poker Face, Bad Romance and BTW or was that someone else?

Cuz yes those songs had impact... Judas did too when it first came out

But because its success was moderate at best, it didn't really stick into ppls minds and within a month we moved on to the next single Edge of Glory

All I'm saying is a song can make you think or be controversial or whatever. But without enough commercial success it still won't be remembered

More ppl remember Just Dance or Telephone than Judas tbh

I wasn't the one who said that, but I really think it depends on where you live. Like in Spain, Judas was the one with the most longevity out of all the BTW singles. And TEOG in some countries spent only 2 weeks on some charts, while Judas did in 10+ weeks. But of course.

elijahfan

It's pretty hard to measure with much precision the impact of songs that were released a decade apart, the market is changing all the time... But I'd say Shallow has undoubtedly become one of the biggest songs of her career, I'd go as far as saying top 3 material.

Economy
21 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I wasn't the one who said that, but I really think it depends on where you live. Like in Spain, Judas was the one with the most longevity out of all the BTW singles. And TEOG in some countries spent only 2 weeks on some charts, while Judas did in 10+ weeks. But of course.

Oh ok sorry I thought u are the one that said that

jaXXXon
2 hours ago, WarriorPhoenix said:

I'd say that Believe was Cher's international breakthrough

Arguably, since Believe was so much bigger than her previous songs, it could be considered her breakthrough as opposed to her comeback. She also had some pretty big songs in the US that became pretty well known worldwide (Shoop Shoop Song, If I Could Turn Back Time). To consider something a signature song, it doesn't rely on chart data, since a signature song is their best known or most iconic, not most successful. Therefore, personally I'd consider either Believe or Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) to be Cher's signature song.

Cher's breakthrough? She's had big hits outside of the US before Believe. And Bang Bang can't be Cher's signature song since it's a cover of a  Nancy Sinatra song, which gets referenced way more than Cher's version. If I Could Turn Back Time and the clothes she wears in the video is what's associated with Cher. 

HorusRa2

Hold up. Judas is in my top 5 favorite Gaga songs ever but it is NOT a classic Gaga single in terms of commercial success. It is what you call a FAN FAVORITE. There is a difference. 

Shallow had a pop culture moment (Oscars). The entire ERA was a moment. It resurrected Gaga’s career that the Super Bowl performance resuscitated. 

That sad, BTW is the superior song in LGBTQ community in terms of cultural impact; however, more of that impact came over time than “in the moment” at least in my opinion. I would say that if you blend commercial and cultural success that it goes like this

1. Bad Romance

2. Poker Face

3. Shallow

4. Born This Way

5. Just Dance 

and that’s okay. It doesn’t diminish the importance of JD or BTW in terms of their value, but Shallow is really that song. And it is just a little premature for this discussion because we don’t know how much further Shallow is going to go. I mean, If it becomes a top 5 radio overall hit, I think it will no longer be a question that it beats BTW. 

AJRocketMan
3 hours ago, Drin Lon said:

:fail:

LMAO! What, bitch? It had everything I said that it needs to be remembered. It had controversy, it made people actually use their brains, and it pissed people off. Not to mention the music video for the song.

3 hours ago, Economy said:

I don't think any of the GP really thinks about Judas like ever anymore tbh

The general public consists of nothing but a bunch of soccer moms and golf dads. In other words, Middle America. Those people never mattered as a demographic anyways and they can’t understand art to save their lives. Ask anyone between the age of 20-34 and they’re most likely gonna remember Judas. The classic Gaga hits are gonna be remembered because eventually we’re all gonna get old and we’re gonna be the ones keeping her legacy alive.

Phlop

I don’t think it’s bigger than PF/BR/BTW/JD. it’s current success is relative to the movie. When it comes on the radio, a lot of people who haven’t seen the movie don’t even know it’s her song.

You can’t compare hits in 2018/2019 to ones 7+ years older. Charts have changed so much in a small amount of time.

BYE

Archived