💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Songs you’ve completely changed opinion on

whore

Featured Posts

whore

I got inspired to write this topic because I’ve had “I Love New York” stuck in my head, a song which before now I’ve absolutely hated, couldn’t stand, one of my reasons for hating the Confessions album, but now I may reconsider :lana: Anyway... do any of you guys have songs you’ve completely had a 180 about? Songs that were the biggest growers to you? Here’s my list:

I always thought this song was just a mess, the stylistic autotune was a choice, and the song seemed immature. I know now that the song is an ode to her youth and I love it just a bit more, plus it’s a fun song! 

Used to skip this song every chance I had, I always thought the beginning was so jarring that it killed the mood, especially after such a soothing ballad like “Video Games.” In my defense I still feel this way, though if it was moved on the track list, or even replaced with the demo version, I would love the song a lot more 

Used to be the only song I didn’t like from her, it just seemed so cheesy to me. After maturing, this song is probably the biggest grower on my list. Now-turned into a go-to on the album, the lyrics are so meaningful to me

I used to absolutely hate this song with a passion, the lyrics were scheiße, and overall the song seemed uninspired and was a filler to me. Still, I believe the lyrics could have been better, but now I have a want to listen to this song 

Can you really blame me?? :madge: Though after giving the song a chance, the verses and chorus are actually really good and (honestly) well written! It’s just the cheerleader-esque hook that is kinda bad. 

This one is going to fly over you guys’ heads, but in the Ayesha Erotica community, this was a fan-favorite, and I just felt so left-out for not loving it. A few listens later, I love it. “You’re still the boy that I pick in a line-up of like thirty hot guys” is one of her best lyrics. If you guys need good Ayesha recommendations let me know and I’ll make an entire thread (or don’t and I’ll make one anyway :sis:

I put this last because tbh I never hated this song, but every day that passes I love this song more. It was just an opener to the album when I first heard it, but now it’s a heart-wrenching ballad that i return to to cry every time :toofunny: I never understood the lyrics until I experienced some things myself. Lyrical genius :messga:

gumzy3000

I hated Hair when I first listened to it. I thought it was kinda messy and cheesy. 

Now I’m 23, almost a decade later and I love that song. remind me of when I was a freshman in high school and I bought Born This Way after a field trip to the museum. I still remember going into Best Buy and going home and listening to it in secret and quickly downloading all the songs on my IPod touch :) 

trolly troll troll

Pretty much the entire SWEETENER album. I hated most of it but then I  listened to it all the way through a couple days and I actually like more. I originally only liked NTLTC, Breathin, Borderline, Goodnight & Go and Everytime. 

Now I only hate R.E.M, Raindrops, Blazed, GWS and TLIC:ohwell:

P.S. Peacock is life! We used to sing it in class at my high school to annoy the teachers.

whore
2 minutes ago, darkpaw said:

Pretty much the entire SWEETENER album.

I still haven’t gotten into it, I still think Dangerous Woman was her best album and she’s just gone downhill from there :cryga:

River

All Abada Base, I liked it, I fell into this trap, my lowest point of my career as a vicious music critic, but thankfully now I can't stand it.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Just now, Possibly Maybe said:

I still haven’t gotten into it, I still think Dangerous Woman was her best album and she’s just gone downhill from there :cryga:

Re-read my comment I made it more specific. Maybe give the songs I said I liked and the ones I didn’t mention a try. They’re actually pretty good. Dangerous Woman is her best I think and I tried Thank you, next several times but I don’t like most of it.

whore
1 minute ago, darkpaw said:

Re-read my comment I made it more specific. Maybe give the songs I said I liked and the ones I didn’t mention a try. They’re actually pretty good. Dangerous Woman is her best I think and I tried Thank you, next several times but I don’t like most of it.

The only songs I really like off of Sweetener are “God is a woman,” “no tears left to cry,” and “R.E.M.” “the light is coming” would be on that list if that sample wasn’t so annoying :selena: And the only song I like from Thank U, Next is “break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored,” but she’s just so uninspired lately by taking every song from another artist. 

whore
6 minutes ago, River said:

All Abada Base, I liked it, I fell into this trap, my lowest point of my career as a vicious music critic, but thankfully now I can't stand it.

Is this supposed to be Meghan Trainor :oprah:

TheSlash
1 hour ago, Possibly Maybe said:

scheiße

tenor.gif?itemid=5120238

OT: Mirrors by Natalia Kills. I used to love this song and listened to it on repeat from time to time. But since this terrible X Factor incident I refuse to ever listen to her music again :madge: .

Ew, David!

River
1 hour ago, Possibly Maybe said:

Is this supposed to be Meghan Trainor :oprah:

Yes the girl with the future husband

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Smother Em Eh

Gaga- The Fame, Aura

Piece Of Me- Britney

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

KatieJudasGaga4

You and I and Applause were the singles I disliked when Gaga released them. Now I love them! Others are Brown Eyes, Paper Gangsta, So Happy I Could Die, Swine, Donatella, Dancin' In Circles and Look What I Found

M i K E Y

Beyoncé’s Lemonade Album. I bought it bcuz of the cool Cover (lmao I'm a dumb b*tch) and when I first listened to it I was like: what the hell is this supposed to be?! But it definitely grew on me everytime I was listening again and gave it another chance. I love it now and it’s truly iconic. 

But kinda reminds me of the sad fact that ARTPOP was planned to be a visual album. 

Other songs that grew on me were the half of the ARTPOP album tbh 

Archived