đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Katy Perry is not more talented than Britney Spears

mzncb

Featured Posts

sampool

Maybe in another world.

Katy plays the guitar and has writing credits on her songs; meanwhile Britney can't do ****. Katy doesn't sound good live but atleast she's not lip syncing, specially to songs that were ghost-sung by someone else. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luv u Sum

Britney makes pretty good music generally with some bops here and there but she cant sing or have any sort of stage presence (especially in the past several years). Katy even tho she sings terribly now and and makes questionable music at least puts on a good show, sings live, and yes writes her music (its important). She has a great voice and that was very apparent back durring OOTB and TD she just forgot how to use it I guess :selena:. But nonetheless no I do not even slightly agree that Britney is more talented than Katy. (Also Taylor is miles better than the both of them combined so idk what you are bringing her up for) 

sipthistea

People should stop undermining  KP's writing skills. She's definitely talented, she has written all of her hits. The only thing is that she doesn't leave her comfort zone and continues to be an average pop star. 

Britney is talented, but she hates her job today. She has written very few of her songs, and hasn't sung in ages. Sadly, she's just a money machine at this point. 

Taylor Swift is the devil. 

PerfectExca
10 hours ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Taylor should not be grouped in with them. She is truly talented. She is more comparable to Adele and Beyonce.

Katy is definitely more talented than Britney.

Taylor does not compare to Adele or Beyonce at all. I'd compare Taylor moreso to Lana and Lorde due to the trio having FANTASTIC songwriting but  only listenable/decent vocals. 

The sun will rise each day. Will you?

PerfectExca
8 hours ago, Bradley said:

Taylor is amazing but I don't think she can threaten Gaga at all, in terms of lyricism.

Like she hasn't really explored different themes in her discography, almost every single album has the central theme of falling in love and losing a lover.

Vocally, Taylor is on the lower end. She does have awesome stage production value, but she really struggles with her low notes, it almost seems like she goes so low she loses control.

It's actually a pity, she's a great musician but in terms of performing, she really pales even in comparison with Katy Perry and Rihanna. Live the energy brought forth by both Katy and Rihanna are far more wilder and bigger than Taylor Swift.

I see where you're saying but Taylor takes the cake over any mainstream pop girl in terms of lyricism, including Gaga. Gaga is actually a very talented songwriter melodically(melodies like BR, PF, Applause, Love Game, and Alejandro to name a few are in their own league of catchy and distinct songwriting) but not so much with metaphors and poetic lyricism. Taylor's lyrics mirror that of a seasoned professional poet. That's not to say Gaga destroys her in everything else(singing, performing, artistic vision, I'd even say she has an edge in MVs).

The sun will rise each day. Will you?

Bradley
49 minutes ago, EmperorExca said:

I see where you're saying but Taylor takes the cake over any mainstream pop girl in terms of lyricism, including Gaga. Gaga is actually a very talented songwriter melodically(melodies like BR, PF, Applause, Love Game, and Alejandro to name a few are in their own league of catchy and distinct songwriting) but not so much with metaphors and poetic lyricism. Taylor's lyrics mirror that of a seasoned professional poet. That's not to say Gaga destroys her in everything else(singing, performing, artistic vision, I'd even say she has an edge in MVs).

I do think Taylor is an amazing lyricist, like you said, her lyrics have a very poetic impression to them, especially her ballads which is very rare in today's pop stars' songs.

I guess I just wished she would explore more kinds of themes rather than just stay in one field throughout like three to four eras singing the same thing over and over again.

Gaga never settled for one image, she would constantly explore and take on new themes. And I don't think Gaga needs any lessons from Taylor Swift on using metaphors, like just to name some, she did pretty wonderfully with Hitchcock, Greek mythology and sexual references which mostly have the connotations of self-empowerment. Her imageries also far outweigh Taylor's

Gaga's songs and videos are like movies and plays whereas Taylor's are like poems.

But no Taylor cannot sing and definitely is not a better performer than Katy Perry and Rihanna, let alone surpassing Lady Gaga. The professionalism displayed in live performances by Katy Perry in terms of theatricality is actually way more impressive than a lot of pop stars.

Like how can you say Taylor is more visual, more theatrical, and even more vocally stable than Katy Perry. I watched the Reputation Tour DVD and her low notes were so out of control and she wasn't dancing much either. It was the big screen and stage that made that tour possible.

13 hours ago, EmperorExca said:

Taylor does not compare to Adele or Beyonce at all. I'd compare Taylor moreso to Lana and Lorde due to the trio having FANTASTIC songwriting but  only listenable/decent vocals. 

In terms of talent level, yes she is more comparable to Adele and Bey vs Britney and Katy.

The type talents are different but the amount is similar.

Archived