💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Little Mix perform their LGBT anthem with pride flag in Dubai

Gimme More

Featured Posts

Gimme More

Little-Mix-Dubai-1.png

Homosexuality is illegal in the United Arab Emirates, and in Dubai it’s punishable with up to ten years in jail.

Ever since Secret Love Song and Secret Love Song pt. II were released in 2016, the songs have been anthems for the LGBTQ community, with relatable lyrics about having to hide away love.

And as Little Mix performed the hit song during a concert in Dubai, lighting up screens surrounding them was the Pride flag.

As part of the United Arab Emirates, Dubai has strict laws concerning homosexuality and the promotion of LGBTQ imagery, with people facing a jail term of up to ten years, but this did not deter the group.

Little Mix fans on Twitter reacted overwhelmingly positively to the band’s performance.

@LMGlobaINews thanked the band for ‘the love and support you’ve showed the LGBTQ+ community through the years’.

‘Little Mix really performed secret love song, the national lhbt+ anthem, with a huge pride flag behind them in Dubai’, wrote another Twitter user.

‘They really did : that and I’m so grateful.’

Another fan remarked that she had ‘never seen a huge rainbow flag BG in Dubai before, while an iconic LGBTQ anthem is being sung’.

here's a video of the performance from the show (it is not very clear)

here's a clear version of a different performance so you can hear the song properly :heart:

such a beautiful song:wub:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Thotiana

I’m glad they weren’t afraid to express how they feel there. I heard Dubai is a beautiful place. But I would never set a foot in that place. Unless of course things change later. Money from my pockets won’t go into a country that treats its LGBTQ community like trash. No ma’am.

Gimme More
1 hour ago, Thotiana said:

I’m glad they weren’t afraid to express how they feel. I heard Dubai is a beautiful place. But I would never set a foot in that place. Unless of course things change later. Money from my pockets won’t go into a country that treats its LGBTQ community like trash. No ma’am.

they are huge advocates for the LGBTQ community, especially Jade! Hopefully things do change in the future!

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Delusional Aura

Saudi Arabia is quaking that their little brother is becoming more progressive than them. 

VOLANTIS

Okay wow that's actually a pretty impressive feat. :applause: Slay on sisters.

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

AMAZING :woot:

AAAA :woot:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

Let's not forget that Mariah was allowed to perform in Saudi Arabia, where gays are still executed. in that case it was to give the illusion of progress

Damon

I don't like their music but this is something so bold and standing ovation worthy, they have all my respect! good job girls :applause:

... and now i just sit in silence.

AlexanderMagno

I have no idea who they are, but basically every pop artist out there should be unafraid and follow the example.

Blake
On 3/25/2019 at 1:11 AM, Gimme More said:

i just love this group :heart:

Jade-little-mix-41585777-1080-1350.jpg

manchester-uk-25-august-2018-little-mix-

ClLpQZ5WYAAIaqk.jpg

mgid:ao:image:logotv.com:237268?quality=

1535266268-photo-2018-08-25-12-12-52.jpg

My girls are amazing. Thanks for stanning them and posting when I must've been asleep! ;) 

Archived