💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

G.U.Y video turns 5

Delulu Rogers

Featured Posts

Delulu Rogers

One of Gaga's most visually appealing yet underrated masterpieces turns 5 today! I can't believe it's been half a decade of this video and the ARTPOP era. I remember coming home from the mall and getting my entire family to sit on the couch and watch the premier of the video on tv. They thought is was weird and gaga was over :saladga: but I immediately fell in love with it and thought it was wonderful. It's a shame that it is so underrated. :cryga:

I found this article commemorating the 5 year anniversary. It's a lengthy, but very interesting read. Essentially, it explains how gaga was thought to be over but is now back on top truly rising like a phoenix from the ashes. :tony: It also gives pretty interesting theories and explanations of the video and and song. 

Anyways, I'm just surprised how fast time went by and thought we'd all share our thoughts about the song if any opinions have changed in regards to the video. Personally, it's one of her best videos and best lyrical made songs of hers with the whole double meaning, acronym thing going on. Thoughts?

I posted the link down below btw for anyone interested. 

http://www.papermag.com/lady-gaga-guy-ARTPOP-5-years-2632467533.html?rebelltitem=25#rebelltitem25

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Serial Chiller

On the anniversary of the flop video, the video with 1B view had 99% of its views taken away. Coincidence? I think not!! 

secret latoya jackson GIF

Othon

I was running here to post this!

Thank god we've got a fan working at Paper who can get this rightful rebuttal to all of the lazy pop-culture snark that was being thrown around back in 2013 and 2014 published. :vegas:

2School4Cool

Wow! 5 years already? I remember when it came out, I would watch it on repeat. Still to this day one of my favorite videos she’s made, with some of my favorite choreography and some of my favorite video looks.

See The Best In Everyone

Delulu Rogers

The only part I dislike is the whole mind craft thing. It makes me cringe. Also, did we ever find out why she cut out John Lennon from the 4th coffin?

SpookyKid
15 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

can't believe it's been half a decade of this video

When you put it like this it blows my mind :giveup: 

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

LostBoyfriend
20 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

The only part I dislike is the whole mind craft thing. It makes me cringe. Also, did we ever find out why she cut out John Lennon from the 4th coffin?

Wasn't she demanded by his family/didn't want him to appear?

GagaUnderYou

Remember like it was yesterday that this came out. I miss those times. 

I was obsessed with this video when it came out. The beginning with the ARTPOP instrumental playing still gives me chills. Really wish her vision with ARTPOP was respected and executed, it was a really fun, creative album. 

MsSwan

f58c106ea9748b0b01338f9603bb5c6bd5027849

And on the 5th anniversary, we’re far from the shallow now, A Re-peak Is Born. #LG6

Lemon Pie
1 hour ago, Serial Chiller said:

En el aniversario del video del flop, el video con vista 1B tuvo el 99% de sus vistas eliminadas. ¿Coincidencia? ¡¡Yo creo que no!! 

secreto latoya jackson gif

:messga:

𝖎 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖕𝖎𝖉 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊

2 hours ago, ChrisC said:

maybe Yoko didn't agree to it?  

ice heard one side from above

Miichael

It really is an artistic and visual masterpiece. Such a shame it is so underrated :flutter::giveup:

Born This Way Ball - 20/6/12 | artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball - 30/8/14 | LA To The Moon Tour - 2/4/2018

Archived