đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Horror/Thriller movie recommendation

Ronlop

Featured Posts

GreenDiamond

MV5BMTcxMDgwNDczOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTM4White: Melody of curse

You will love this if you are into ghosts, amazing visual and scenery, as well as death of popstar concpet filled 

with scares and tension

mepradayounada

„A Serbian Film“ extremely ****ed up and disturbing. maybe more Psycho than Horror, but still. 

Serial Chiller
On 3/22/2019 at 4:51 PM, nicolasrumet said:

I used to find "the grudge" very scary when I was young. The story is quite interesting too...

The Grudge and Ring unleashed a new wave of horrors during the late 90s, 2000s,  but the schtick got lame really fast with the sequels and remakes. They've become jokes of their former selves and it's sad.

MJ Protesters: Maybe not use the word "Thriller" in your title, please?

Me: GTFO, this has nothing to do with MJ and you know it :dry:

... I recommend Birdbox :firega:

GreenDiamond
50 minutes ago, Angelina Jolie said:

The Talking of Deborah Logan

THAT ending

imnotyourbabe10

"It Follows" has been my go-to recommendation.  Really screws with you if you have anxiety.  Great soundtrack, too. 

"Winchester" is corny but atmospheric.  "Crimson Peak" is a nice Gothic. "Mother!" was disturbing.

Recently re-watched "The Others" and was genuinely creeped out.   Reminded me of "The Awakening" in a ghost-story way.

The latest incarnation of "Suspiria" was pretty good.  Drawn out and mysterious or foreboding but the final act is insane. 

Older films: Don't Look Now, The Uninvited, The Innocents, the Fog, The Serpent and the Rainbow (voodoo), Angel Heart (voodoo).

Jeremy Kosinski

I came here hoping to find suggestions myself but now I just think I have an addiction cuz I've seen every movie you monsters have suggested.  Lol I'm a horror writer/filmmaker though so maybe it isn't addiction so much as research 🤔 lol. I think the best were the witch and it follows in terms of new ideology of the genre where as suspiria is a remake.  The void was good but at the end it got to be too much for me. I like subtlety in horror cuz even in my own work you can only paint the picture to set in motion the idea what is in our heads is far more terrifying than any special effects or cgi i could paint for you  if the story is good enough and the pace of it is right then drive it home with a little thought. This burning thought you will be left with long after you turn off the end credits.  

Check out the wind.  It's not out yet, but will be in the next week or two and my inside source says it's going to be along the feel of the witch and it follows... this is on my watch list for tonight so I can't personally say yet but I trust my friend that it was amazing. 

Archived