💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Will Kanye West Ever Recover? An Analysis.

Guest Blue Madonna

Featured Posts

@Blue MadonnaThe verses in Violent Crimes weren’t written by Kanye West. XTCY was one of the first songs recorded for ye. It was held back and later released cause it didn’t fit the theme of the album.

Anybody with real, diagnosed mental health issues(not internet “depression/anxiety”) will tell you it’s a constant battle. He tackled similar themes as far back as 808s and Heartbreak. As for the idea that he’s losing control... Saint Pablo is a song. Listen to it ;) 

JazzGa

This is a very interesting thread. I learned several things about Kanye that I didn't know of before. I knew that he had bipolar disorder, and about some of his public beefs/stunts, but not much else. I can tell that you wrote that from a position of empathy and a desire to understand an artist you generally like, so I hope you don't get dragged for trying to have a discussion about him. 

As far as "recovering," bipolar disorder is a lifelong disorder that as far as I know you don't really 'recover' from, you have ongoing treatment that lasts for life and changes from time to time.  It also tends to get worse as a person ages rather than better, but I could see a couple reasons he might possibly mellow out in the years to come: settling down with his family instead of touring and partying like a young star, and coming to terms with his own mental health and taking a look at himself as he did on "ye" which might lead him to getting really serious about treating it 

(omg that sentence was so long I'm an abomination)

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with BrianđŸŽș and SteveđŸŽ·

1 hour ago, Nino said:

@Blue MadonnaThe verses in Violent Crimes weren’t written by Kanye West. XTCY was one of the first songs recorded for ye. It was held back and later released cause it didn’t fit the theme of the album.

Anybody with real, diagnosed mental health issues(not internet “depression/anxiety”) will tell you it’s a constant battle. He tackled similar themes as far back as 808s and Heartbreak. As for the idea that he’s losing control... Saint Pablo is a song. Listen to it ;) 

I'm aware of that first part, but I also seem to recall him talking about the sentiment of Violent Crimes in an interview or sumn, and it made me hopeful. And I knew about XTCY as well, but the verses (especially the line about sisters-in-law) might have changed since he revealed it as one of the songs on 'ye'.

Yeah, I doubt he'll never fully recover from his BPD but I was more thinking he might be able to recover from the Trump-supporting mess that he is at the moment, regain control I guess. And yes, I've heard Saint Pablo :hor: it doesn't change my opinion on him though, and I think he's just got worse since TLOP's release.

Archived