💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What are your Thoughts on this Article?

27monster27

Featured Posts

27monster27

NOTE: DO NOT assume that I am trying to drag Lady Gaga, or the I am calling BTW a flop. I would not drag Lady Gaga and I am well aware that Born This Way is NOT a flop. So please do not drag me for any reason. If I am wrongly insulted and dragged for this, I will (not jokingly) report. Thanks.

Also, this article came out in late 2011 - early 2012.

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/lady-gaga/articles/144803/title/lady-gagas-born-way-era-what-went-wrong

There are a few inaccuracies in the article that I need to address.:

1. I think they got how charts work wrong for Judas, unless it was different back in 2011.

2. Judas spent eight weeks on the chart, not six.

Things that I believe that contradict the article.:

1. Marry the Night and Judas were fine solely being directed by Lady Gaga.

2. An album mainly/only consisting of songs with deep and prominent meanings is fine.

Things that I believe should have been mentioned.:

1. The second single being released too early. (It should have been three months, not four months.)

a. I also believe that it should have been mentioned that Judas damaged BTWs (the songs) chart life. (I believe that this caused a domino affect because TEOG  didn't necessarily help either.)

i. Bearing that in mind, BTWs (the songs) chart life should have been mentioned.

2. You And I not getting enough promotion after it was released as single, and too much before.

EDIT: Also, don't try to find and drag the person that made this article either. Thanks.

he/him/his

27monster27
9 minutes ago, hurricane326 said:

Remember when TinyMixtapes gave BTW a 0/5? That was so awful

:what: The disrespect. Thank god other websites gave the album good reviews.

he/him/his

I think people just had insane expections for Born This Way that it couldn’t meet. It’s too controversial to compete with 21 or Teenage Dream commercially. 

Dominic

They made some points :shrug: We have been saying for years that BTW was over-exposed and that's what the article states basically. That and she should have released it earlier. Some things I disagree with but largely it isn't exactly way off.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

monsieurRed

Lol it wants me to answer a survey to read the article. No thanks. 

Edit: you can skip the survey. The article is fine. It was successful in many ways. It sold over a million in its first week. We all know Troy was poorly managing her and over exposing her during that time. In my opinion it’s her strongest album esp the deluxe version. 

🧚‍♀️

Archived