💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kylie Jenner: I used 100% of my own money to start the company

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

SD: A lot of people feel like the term “self-made” is not 100% accurate in your case…

KJ: There’s really no other word to use other than self-made because that is the truth. That is the category that I fall under. Although, I am a special case because before I started Kylie Cosmetics, I had a huge platform and lots of fans. I did not get money from my parents past the age of 15. I used 100% of my own money to start the company, not a dime in my bank account is inherited… and I am very proud of that.

https://interview.de/people/interview-with-kylie-jenner/

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
joannesrats
1 minute ago, Lighter said:

I had a huge platform

It's so dense of her to think that she's self-made when the entire platform and following she has is because of her family. She wouldn't have been able to start this company unless she was a Kardashian-Jenner-Whatever. 

GypsyBabe

That's nice but she was also given a head start to make her own money after the age of 15. I'm not for tearing down successful women, but she was privilaged to be born into a wealthy and famous family which afforded her opportunities and an audience that average people could only dream of. She could make enough money at the tender age of 15 because she started off rich and had cultural relevance due to her family and KUWTK. 

Self made is starting from nothing. Selling sh*t out of your garage with no help and turning it into a billion dollar company. She needs to stop acting like she struggled. Self made is putting everything on the line and having nothing to fall back on. 

⚯͛

uo111

She must have attended trump university if she thinks she is self made because she could afford to pay someone to make a brand for her.

shame

I respect her for starting a business and becoming successful off a really huge industry but she shouldn't call herself self-made. it's not necessarily a bad thing if she wasn't. not everyone is self-made, not even Gaga I dare say. But it's definitely discrediting for all those who are actually self-made who had nothing and built something from the ground up.

angels forever, forever angels

TimisaMonster

Wow her delusion is so real...she REALLY thinks she had NO help or family branding to help her get to where she is....

:fail:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Xoxo Adriana
11 minutes ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

Privilege :trollga:

if you can't afford it don't talk about it sweaty xx

GypsyBabe
4 minutes ago, uo111 said:

She must have attended trump university if she thinks she is self made because she could afford to pay someone to make a brand for her.

Exactly. I'm sick of her acting like she is a chemist who created her own cosmetic line from the ground up when we know she stole her recipe's from colourpop and just picks out swatches all day. It's really annoying to me for some reason. :laughga: She also had a ready-made consumer base willing to purchase said product that Kylie probably took 30 seconds to pick out on a color wheel. 

⚯͛

shame
2 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

Exactly. I'm sick of her acting like she is a chemist who created her own cosmetic line from the ground up when we know she stole her recipe's from colourpop and just picks out swatches all day. It's really annoying to me for some reason. :laughga: She also had a ready-made consumer base willing to purchase said product that Kylie probably took 30 seconds to pick out on a color wheel. 

omg you are iconic :air:

angels forever, forever angels

uo111
7 minutes ago, Kylie Jenner said:

if you can't afford it don't talk about it sweaty xx

That typo actually made this post really hilarious :ladyhaha:

Pray4FameGa

Saying that is super ignorant of her.

I’m not a hater, and I think it’s great she’s done so well, good for her. But please don’t get on your self made high horse.

You are Kendall Jenner. Yes it’s impressive you’ve built an empire but you’re never going to have the struggle of someone normal trying to make it. Not even 5% of it. People would take you seriously from the get go, plus the huge following. There is more value to a business than capital. Non-financial assets can be converted to cash.

Xoxo Adriana
1 minute ago, uo111 said:

That typo actually made this post really hilarious :ladyhaha:

right?? like who needs good spelling if ur rich and have a publicist? 

WelllitMerryAmericanbittern-size_restric

Archived