throwback

Beyoncé being homophobic in 2003

Monsterious

Featured Posts

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry

Y’all are just too ready to get upset at people. There’s no evidence she ever actually said this - she denied it at the time. You would rather take some random ass tabloid article from 16 years ago to try and justify your misplaced anger than consider the fact that she has proven herself to be an ally over the years.

And even if she DID say this, it’s clear that she has grown and educated herself since. What is the point in our outrage at offensive comments if we don’t believe people can change and correct their judgemental beliefs?

bloody g
4 hours ago, Mindblown said:

Why is this being brought up after 16 years? If you wanted a hit thread just post something about Shawn Mendes.

tumblr_inline_p0wp7qK3jN1ttu0xa_500.gif

I just melted

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Guillaume Hamon
2 hours ago, SKANK said:

But if you look at what Beyonce has done after 2003, she has clearly evolved on this issue.

Well we don't even know if she actually ever said these things so, since there are zero proofs and she denied it, we should trust her in doubt when she says it wasn't her words I guess.

2 hours ago, SKANK said:

As for her Vanguard award, it's clearly just a way for GLAAD to boost its public profile, rather than a legitimately earned award based on her activism on behalf of the Queer community.

True they give it to the biggest stars among LGBT-friendly celebs to get attention on their group. Maybe it's the best way to get many people to know why the group is still needed.

gagzus

I think it’s irrelevant now tbh whether she said it, however I don’t agree on her having anything to do with gay acceptance or equality at all. Having gays fans doesn’t mean you like them or help LGBT rights, she hasn’t been an activist or been to marches, she hasn’t done anything particularly of note 

Borislshere

I highly doubt that tabloid is true and even if it is, she’s clearly changed her way of thinking

MangoGaga

I wouldn't trust The Sun tbh. It's a tabloid full of fabricated stories in the UK, so much so that it's actually more or less banned in my city.

misunderstood

Stop bringing up old **** for activism it’s stupid. Over 10 years ago? Next, worry about NOW.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

NewYorkCity

I’m ussually not into this bring **** from the past thing... but I am here for it in this case :oops:

Gracious Gaga
8 hours ago, Amidana said:

I'm so here for this, my sugar daddy worked for her when he was younger and told me all the tea on her :gayhat:

So what’s the tea?

♥ Kindness Police.

VOLANTIS

Ah yes. The Sun. The Sun that has been reporting a Gaga pregnancy every year since 2011. We stan an Oscar winning pop star balancing her life of 8 kids and a sky roaring career. :diane: 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

8 hours ago, Arturo said:

The Sun?

My first thought lol...and also all I see is her saying she is not willing to pretend to be lesbian for money and publicity.

I personally don't support the Britney/Madonna stunt.

AshIey
6 hours ago, Sepsami said:

The girl was 22 and grew up in the deep south, give ha a break :air:

Girl she’s from an affluent part of Houston, not the deep south. :air: For the most part this city is pretty liberal. It has more to do with the religious indoctrination she was raised in.

But she obviously changed over the years so who cares. She’s not homophobic.

Archived