⛈ RAIN ON ME OUT NOW ⛈

Sign in to follow this  
news

LG6 Discussion

SourCandy
37 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Mr.S also said Q2 2019

He doesn't know a **** about Lady Gaga's releases. I respect him a lot and he is trustworthy. But I just think he likes making her fans melt down. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a bit of infos about her schedule. 

I'll be ready to hear what Mr.S has to say about Lady Gaga when he'll give us a concrete date. Not a vague release window that he admitted being sure 40% it's happening. 

You'll be wrong yet again, just wait and see

tenor.gif?itemid=11840884

But on a serious note, I don't want the lead this year, cuz the Xmas radio freeze will kill it and they will give up on the era... We've waited so long, we can wait a bit more. Unless they drop it like this month so it dies down til the freeze, wait a bit and release the next single after the radio freeze...

Come, come, unwrap me!
  • Like 3

daddybunny

Why would they choose for the HL makeup to be shipped on a THURSDAY aka new music day, if they weren’t dropping the single?! If they don’t, it’s a huge missed opportunity in my mind. This could be HER week. Still holding onto lead single release on 09/17. Does anyone have any info to cancel me?

monketsharona
36 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

You'll be wrong yet again, just wait and see

But on a serious note, I don't want the lead this year, cuz the Xmas radio freeze will kill it and they will give up on the era... We've waited so long, we can wait a bit more. Unless they drop it like this month so it dies down til the freeze, wait a bit and release the next single after the radio freeze...

Yeah I'll probably be wrong again as you said and I really don't care tbh. Lady Gaga is not the only artist I'm listening to so it's just not a big deal if she's not back this year...

The excuse of a freeze is only true if she releases a new song  in December. 

Rihanna and Adele are expected to return in October / November. And none of them will be affected. Ariana wasn't affected by that freeze while releasing Thank U Next on early November.

Edited by monketsharona

gabrielflorin01

I don't get y'all worrying about this so-called "radio freeze". Last time I checked, the only formats that are 100% affected by this are the Adult Contemporary ones. Pop radio does not touch Christmas songs. Didn't Ariana release thank u, next in November? And she was absolutely unbothered.

Edited by gabrielflorin01
I want your stupid love.
  • Like 4

FATCAT
12 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

I don't get y'all worrying about this so-called "radio freeze". Last time I checked, the only formats that are 100% affected by this are the Adult Contemporary ones. Pop radio does not touch Christmas songs. Didn't Ariana release thank u, next in November? And she was absolutely unbothered.

Early November, but even Ariana waited until January for her next single. The freeze is important to work around.

chilly waffle

Schizophonic

i would be fine with a standalone track on friday. it doesnt have to be a single but a hauslabs track would be nice. or a ep

Edited by Schizophonic
  • Like 1

Vitleysingur
47 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Top 40 stations are all about year end countdowns during the freeze. No record lable would take that risk. :messga:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.
  • Like 1

Vitleysingur

It just feels unrealistic about the way that Mr. S can spill her release date/window this early. I mean he's legit about incoming releases with fixed dates. However, when it comes to Gaga, it's always just vague info.

• Thanks 1

gabrielflorin01
42 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Early November, but even Ariana waited until January for her next single. The freeze is important to work around.

yeah, of course she waited...I would wait too if I had the #1 song in the nation for 7 weeks :pole:

I want your stupid love.
  • Like 1

BigDreamer

Even if the album comes "early 2020" there is enough time to release a lead and a promo single or two like her other major solo releases.

Either way it will be interesting to see what Gaga delivers and how her ASIB success plays into its reception.

Some thought that ARTPOP didnt sound fresh because EDM was already running its course of popularity in mainstream markets before it was released, even though it was anticipated much sooner. 

On the other hand; for the music being "very gaga",  the break may give the more casual fans time to digest the difference that LG6 will bring in comparison to ASIB. Kind of a cool off and image reworking before changing gears for a new era. 

• Like 1

gabrielflorin01
8 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

Top 40 stations are all about year end countdowns during the freeze. No record lable would take that risk. :messga:

yeah but that's only in December and early January :oprah:. Basically 2-3 weeks.

I want your stupid love.

Vitleysingur
3 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

yeah but that's only in December and early January :oprah:. Basically 2-3 weeks.

It's long enough to kill a song. Not to mention radio stations already sleep on her music for years. :bradley:

Edited by Vitleysingur

monketsharona
1 minute ago, Vitleysingur said:

It's long enough to kill a skng. Not to mention radio stations already sleep on her music for years. :bradley:

I've never seen radios playing her as much as they played her in 2019. In my country they played like three of her songs at the same time  (even some radios which always snubbed her like Virgin Radio).

The hype about a new project of her as never been as high since after the TFM I think. They'll play her for sure especially if her sounds are very 'pop'.

Mr S

Has anyone been able to guess what Mr S job is? How can he know so much? He can't work for a specific label or a specific management/A&R team since he knows stuff about many artists. I wonder if he works for Spotify?

gabrielflorin01
5 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

It's long enough to kill a song. Not to mention radio stations already sleep on her music for years. :bradley:

true, we can't risk anything. especially taking in consideration the way pop radio strongly and proudly refused to play Shallow :bradley:

I want your stupid love.