Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is Lana Del Rey so sad?

adelfoxxx

Featured Posts

adelfoxxx

Every single song is so deep and depressing. I am confused. She´s been depressed for so long.

youandi

You took her sadness out of context... 

At the Mariners Apartment Complex :huntyga:

shoful

Because she’s got that Summertime Sadness and only winter is just coming now (April 14th). game of thrones white walkers GIF

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

youandi

But on a serious note, I don't think she is that sad, plenty of her songs are hopeful and much of Lust For Life was about making a pledge to live a happier life and Mariner's Apartment Complex literally calls people out for boxing her as a 'sad' singer. I think she just comes across that way as it became part of her image during Born To Die and its kind of stuck but she's clearly trying to shake that off a bit 

Luv u Sum

Being depressed is a thing :selena:

But fr I mean I'm depressed and almost everything I create artistically usually has elements of darkness and sadness intertwined cuz that's just how I am. I imagine it's very similar for her.

TEETHTEETH

Acknowledging real feelings doesnt necessarily make her "depressed"..  gummy bears isnt her thing. 

edengowon

This is a question I ask everyday 

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Helxig

Lust For Life wasa nice departure from her depression anthems. Actually BTD Paradide Edition wasn't all doom and gloom too, and that's the album I first fell in love with. Probably why I love both of those two albums.

I think she's had a hard life. It's difficult to tell because you don't know how much of her music is fantasy and how much is her experience. If you believe it's all her experience then she's struggled with drugs and abusive men forever.

Who knows :shrug:   but it sounds good and she does it well.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Xoxo Adriana

its because she's trying to give off a bad bitch vibe or something like that, i don't know.

Archived