Grimes Announces New Album - Miss_Anthropocene

Joshua James

Featured Posts

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryusei
24 minutes ago, Esteban said:

She shouldn't play the wise-one when we when know that Elon Musk is a plague for earth and participe way more than the majority at the anthropocene… I really don't like her, she is so pompous and pretentious… :neyde:

maybe thats why she's doing that album theme cause she knows more than anyone through being close to elon that the end is near :staymad:

(I'm kidding) But like everything she does is through characters and is a fictional story. She's not pretending to be woke by doing this concept. It's all fictional.

Musery

Ziggy
40 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Mmmm.... chasing time being about Gaga is such a reach.  If anything she references Lil Kim in that video. Are you saying cuz there are balls in it that she was trying to reference Jeff Koons? Idgi

yeah...we know Venus is a response track, but that's it

guccic0och
2 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

But Azealia’s Venus was released before Gaga’s :confused:

tHeRe cAn bE oNe hUnDrEd pEoPlE iN a rOoM

holy scheisse
4 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

We do?? 

Ziggy
3 minutes ago, carson joel said:

But Azealia’s Venus was released before Gaga’s :confused:

Apparently it was made to combat Gaga's hence the release before.

guccic0och
14 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Apparently it was made to combat Gaga's hence the release before.

Personally don’t believe that since Azealia’s was released in July 2013 and I’m pretty sure Gags hadn’t mentioned her Venus at that point?

tHeRe cAn bE oNe hUnDrEd pEoPlE iN a rOoM

Leblanc
3 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

Mmmm.... chasing time being about Gaga is such a reach.  If anything she references Lil Kim in that video. Are you saying cuz there are balls in it that she was trying to reference Jeff Koons? Idgi

She has one reference to Lil Kim, one to Lefteye from TLC,  maybe some Janet and Michael 'Scream in there.

It's a lot of references but music video rap GIF

The ARTPOP Cover (AP dropped just 3 days before this did)

Also the lyrical content, 'wasting time on someone' i.e. their two collab songs...

The balls are so Koons balls and the fact they distort in the same way that you could distort them in the ARTPOP App

mU1wkI.gif

Maybe I am reaching but I always thought she was petty enough to do that :huntyga:

Now I just want to listen to her songs again :ally:

I always let the good ones go

holy scheisse
2 minutes ago, ThatBish said:

She has one reference to Lil Kim, one to Lefteye from TLC,  maybe some Janet and Michael 'Scream in there.

It's a lot of references but music video rap GIF

The ARTPOP Cover (AP dropped just 3 days before this did)

Also the lyrical content, 'wasting time on someone' i.e. their two collab songs...

The balls are so Koons balls and the fact they distort in the same way you could distort them in the same way you could in the ARTPOP App

mU1wkI.gif

Maybe I am reaching but I always thought she was petty enough to do that :huntyga:

Now I just want to listen to her songs again :ally:

So u think she put together that scene within 3 days of the ARTPOP cover lol :triggered:

Cool didn't connect those other references. Still doubtful it has anything to do with Gaga tho the lyrics sound like a romantic/intimate relationship not a dis or whateva

Earthling
3 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

maxresdefault_azealia_banks.jpg

She's clearly nodding to the most synonymous imagery of ARTPOP. 

*she switched baristas. ☕️

Leblanc
1 minute ago, holy scheisse said:

So u think she put together that scene within 3 days of the ARTPOP cover lol :triggered:

Cool didn't connect those other references. Still doubtful it has anything to do with Gaga tho the lyrics sound like a romantic/intimate relationship not a dis or whateva

The Album came out 3 days earlier, the Cover Art probably several weeks before that.

I was more showing how close the dates were.

She said lyrically it was about relationships but thats what everyone says to make stuff sell. She also said it was to do with frustration with her label. 

Personally I don't think it was invented to diss Gaga, I just think she threw certain stuff in there along the way because it fits the theme.

holy scheisse
Just now, Earthling said:

maxresdefault_azealia_banks.jpg

She's clearly nodding to the most synonymous imagery of ARTPOP. 

If I've ever been to the gynocologist or heard of child birth you'll know that Gaga didnt invent open legs lmfao..

Videos take days to weeks of editing she didn't record that scene bc of Gaga. 

Earthling
5 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

If I've ever been to the gynocologist or heard of child birth you'll know that Gaga didnt invent open legs lmfao..

The arm placement, expression and statue like quality of the shot are a bit uncanny though. It's an amazing coincidence if unintentional.

(edit)

Actually I'm watching the Anna Wintour Mv right now and the outfit and some dance moves are so PI, but I suppose that was also a coincidence since Gaga didn't invent white crop-tops and cut-off shorts.  :ally:

Earthling
4 hours ago, Esteban said:

She shouldn't play the wise-one when we know that Elon Musk is a plague for earth and participe way more than the majority at the anthropocene… I really don't like her, she is so pompous and pretentious… :neyde:

How is Elon Musk a plague for this earth? Genuinely asking.  

Leblanc
56 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

You forget she had that cover brewing for ages as a statue, I think she was making a nod to it. 

Same way she did it blatantly for all the other references in there, why not Gaga too?

Plus I imagine the editing couldn't of taken that long realistically, it's far from complex. Which actually works so much better. 

Only the Koons balls would be effort, and if Gaga could release that Monster of an app at the time at a somewhat functioning level, it shouldn't take too long for them either :ally:

Edit - Help me guys, I have been awake for like 3/4 days now and I can't sleep :messga: I feel awful and my body is shutting down. Imma try force myself to sleep again now, see you when I arise

Archived