Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

If ASIB flopped, when would've LG6 come?

NotMyFlop

Featured Posts

NotMyFlop

A Star is Born, in my opinion, was a cultural phenomenon no one (including Warner Brothers + Interscope) saw coming. In fact, I think they expected low-to-moderate success. I mean, "Shallow" was supposed to be a promotional single. 

Gaga's residency, in my frank opinion, is the indicator that management didn't see A Star is Born  as an era-worthy soundtrack and was ready to use it as a promotional tool for Enigma. I think A Star is Born was supposed to come, make a splash and then be something everyone moved on from. 

In retrospect, I don't think they fully realized the sheer impact the movie could have (despite clues) until Venice. 

As it's commonly accepted, those now-infamous Instagram photos in August are (or were) for LG6 (#GAGA). Gaga's last set was posted the day before Venice's film festival began; when sh*t hit the fan. 

Besides for a few posts + quotes, almost everything has been about A Star is Born.  For good reason too! 

Moving on from the era, since we know how it panned out, I don't think management would've slated Engima for December had they known Gaga was going to have a re-peak in her cultural relevancy. Besides for opening night, near no one has been talking about it in relation to her. It's gone under the radar to the general public's eye. 

I firmly believe LG6 was supposed to be released in line with Engima. Riding off what was expected to be a low-to-moderate success, a new pop record would've been great promotion for the show and helped tickets. Since ASIB was huge, two albums (and a massive single) would've been oversaturation and GAGA would've been buried. 

The V Magazine cover was even shot last August. Interscope clearly made post-ASIB plans for her that weren't seen through. I think it could contribute to Gaga being redundant in interviews; she simply didn't think she would have to do so many. I think it could be the reason (some of) Engima's execution is so-so at parts. I think they adapted the show to not have the new music. 

Since Oscar's are done, Shallow is (very slowly) dying, Gaga can ride this new wave of hype and now Interscope is beginning to roll the era out. 

Had ASIB flopped? I think we would have had new music for months now. Thoughts? 

whore

Honestly this makes a lot of sense, though I’m not upset about it :gaycat: Possibly the best fan theory I’ve read on this site 

VoldeLorde2

Don't forget, they moved ASIB up for a May release and then moved it back to October. They probably moved it up to make way for LG6 in the Fall, incase ASIB flopped, but they saw ASIB's potential so they moved it to October. 

NotMyFlop
Just now, Possibly Maybe said:

Honestly this makes a lot of sense, though I’m not upset about it :gaycat:

Same. I'm so glad A Star is Born ended up being what it was. It gave us + Gaga so much unexpected joy.

DitaDolla
18 minutes ago, NotMyFlop said:

Had ASIB flopped?

Yes fadGa flopped bc she is not famous in Azerbaijan:koons:

HighwayGuy

If anything this means that Gaga and Interscope have a fully-prepared plan for LG6 that they have been sat on for a while now. 

I think we just need to wait these next few weeks and see what surprise they have for us :legend:

Bradley

I agree with almost everything you said except your statement of Enigma being so-so at some parts?

B*tch that show was the best thing I've ever seen in my entire life. I honestly feel like people should go see the show for themselves rather than just judge it from shaky and blurry videos. The show was a psychedelic and emotional rollercoaster that changed the course of my life (literally, but that story's for another day) and was the most intricate, detailed and professional show I had never seen, and I've seen quite a number of major international acts.

But yes other aspects of your theory do make sense and it's interesting to think from that perspective. I think it's a good thing though, she was able to attend all movie-related events and it's nice that while scheduling for Enigma, they already had those dates in mind.

monketsharona

I have the huge feeling she had plans for LG6 to be released somewhere late last year for the residency launch but she changed her mind when ASIB has been successful and praised by critics

I am pretty sure the album is almost completed and done

Gaga didn't approach ASIB with pessimism and distrust like y'all did :ohno: of course the success of ASIB probably exceeded her expectations because it's one thing to say "I'm going to fight like hell for people to love this" and another to actually live out the last six months but I highly doubt she had projects waiting in the wings subject to ASIB inevitability underperforming. You can't function as an artist if you're always thinking "welp, this will probably flop, what's next?" like liddos. 

A lot of you guys hate Joanne and Enigma  and project your disappointment onto her while idealizing some imaginary future project (Gaga's trapped in Vegas now when she could be killing herself on a stadium tour, etc) but I don't see how Gaga could feel anything but happiness and total f*cking vindication. I think ASIB and Enigma, like ARTPOP and C2C or AHS and Joanne, back to back is just Gaga doing what she's always done.

weed

omgggg this makes SO MUCH sense. I'm shook.. the May release, Enigma in december, stuff was already being teased, I'm shook. I hope the b&w images are still somewhat relevant, I love them sooo much lol

LordEnigma

No one expected to have Gaga be a respected actress and I’m so happy it showcased her at her best at that point (I can only imagine Gaga will become a better actress as time goes on).

I can’t wait for the rest of her future - she’s truly amazing!

MrDarkGa
41 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I agree with almost everything you said except your statement of Enigma being so-so at some parts?

In my opinion, Enigma is, at present, so-so in parts. It was marketed as a fresh, new, never-seen-before show. But its a Greatest Hits show with a digital narrator and interaction between that and Gaga, interesting backgrounds, a robot and thats really it. There isnt anything awe inspiring or fresh to the level that was announced. I firmly believe we havent seen Enigma for what it truly is yet, and that this will come with the new music when its released. Also, I think that it being called a never-before-seen show was direct reference to the music that will be played and possibly new animations or visual effects to go with it. They couldnt cancel the first lot of shows just because of ASIB's impact, so they adapted the show to get by until now.

Ryusei

With threads like this i just ask myself: what does it matter? You cant travel to an alternate universe where it flopped and find out lol

Musery

Jill
18 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

You cant travel to an alternate universe where it flopped and find out lol

not our problem you don't have the possibility of doing so

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Archived