Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

To the Veteran Madonna Fans Here...

C1trus

Featured Posts

C1trus
Spoiler

(I'm talking to the members who stan Madonna before Gaga existed in the music scene)

...How impactful was Madonna as compared to today's pop scene (PrimeGa included) ? 

...Did you feel at one time "threatened" or pressed at Gaga's slayage?

...How well-known was "Madonna copies Marilyn Monroe/others" compared to "Lady Gaga copies Madonna" drama?

I'm kind of interested to her story lately because she obviously influenced Gagz and I'm recently bopping to La Isla Bonita:music: (please recommend me  some Madonna songs similar to it:heart:

Please give us honest input about Madonna's history:hug:

(I'm not convinced with pawsdown twisted stories:sweat::poot:).

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rat Boy

This will be an interesting thread...

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

C1trus
30 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

This will be an interesting thread...

Interesting flop thread :cryga::cryga:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

androiduser

I am a veteran Madonna fan, to the point that I almost became a hater because of her fanbase, LONG before Gaga came to the scene. I became a fan around 1989/1990

Madonna's impact on pop culture, and culture in general, is massive, difficult to explain in today's standards, and many younger people are not even aware of it, or they undermine it because they take her achievements for granted.

We're talking massive massive impact on so many things that we are used to in today's pop culture was based on Madonna's influence. There have been very influential or more original female artists before her (Mae West, Debbie Harry, Grace Jones, Marilyn Monroe etc) but I don't think anyone has had such a big influence on so many different aspects of society and culture.

And it was more than just the most superficial things like costumes, hairstyles etc that pop stans usually debate. We're talking about the first woman who has taken charge of her sexuality, her career, absolutely not portraying herself as a male fantasy or a victim of the male dominated society (just compare her to Marilyn, when you look past the looks and style)

C1trus
3 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I am a veteran Madonna fan, to the point that I almost became a hater because of her fanbase, LONG before Gaga came to the scene. I became a fan around 1989/1990

Madonna's impact on pop culture, and culture in general, is massive, difficult to explain in today's standards, and many younger people are not even aware of it, or they undermine it because they take her achievements for granted.

I admit, I'm one of them :saladga:.

I'm starting to feel how Madonna is undermined with how Gaga is mocked by some Ari stans and Swifties:wtf:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

LilyLark

I'm not a veteran Madonna stan (I wasn't born/was too young during her heyday) but as a music fan in general I can recognize that she had an enormous impact in music, fashion, and yes, even movies to an extent. It is paradoxical, because her acting and her voice are not the strongest but she arguably had the biggest impact of them all during the height of her fame.

Gaga honestly should have just ignored Madonna imo when Madonna was being a little shady, because it wasn't a fight she could win because Madonna was/is ingrained in culture & the hearts of a ton of fans....and Madonna is just shady in general sometimes. I actually think the dumb "fight" between the two (which was way overblown) might have been part of the reason some ripped into her around the ARTPOP era.

androiduser
Just now, T3rrorBlade said:

I admit, I'm one of them :saladga:.

I'm starting to feel how Madonna is undermined with how Gaga is mocked by some Ari stans and Swifties:wtf:

yeah, I mean, it really needs to be seen in the context of the time, of the social and political climate of the time and everything surrounding it. Who wore what wig first, and who was #1 on itunes is totally irrelevant in the big picture. Madonna had to fight battles to even wear something shocking in the first place, about even discussing a certain topic that is an accepted standard now, to even have a voice as a woman... and she won every time... we're talking about a completely different time...

androiduser

For example...

The Parents Music Resource Center (PMRC) was an American committee formed in 1985 with the stated goal of increasing parental control over the access of children to music deemed to have violent, drug-related or sexual themes via labeling albums with Parental Advisory stickers. The committee was founded by four women known as the "Washington Wives" – a reference to their husbands' connections with government in the Washington, D.C. area. The women who founded the PMRC are Tipper Gore, wife of Senator and later Vice President Al Gore; Susan Baker, wife of Treasury Secretary James Baker; Pam Howar, wife of Washington realtor Raymond Howar; and Sally Nevius, wife of former Washington City Council Chairman John Nevius. The PMRC eventually grew to include 22 participants before shutting down in the mid-to-late 1990s.

They had a problem with Madonna's song Dress You Up....it was listed as one of The Filthy Fifteen .... that's how bad it was back then.

androiduser
14 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Gaga honestly should have just ignored Madonna imo when Madonna was being a little shady, because it wasn't a fight she could win because Madonna was/is ingrained in culture & the hearts of a ton of fans....and Madonna is just shady in general sometimes. I actually think the dumb "fight" between the two (which was way overblown) might have been part of the reason some ripped into her around the ARTPOP era.

but the thing is that somebody's influence and impact has nothing to do with their beef with somebody or the shade they threw... some of the greatest artists in history have had beefs with other great artists of their time... To fully grasp Madonna's impact, it really needs to be observed without even taking Gaga into account, most of if it was pre-2009 anyway.

LilyLark
20 minutes ago, androiduser said:

yeah, I mean, it really needs to be seen in the context of the time, of the social and political climate of the time and everything surrounding it. Who wore what wig first, and who was #1 on itunes is totally irrelevant in the big picture. Madonna had to fight battles to even wear something shocking in the first place, about even discussing a certain topic that is an accepted standard now, to even have a voice as a woman... and she won every time... we're talking about a completely different time...

This. I wasn't around or aware obviously because of my age, but I feel like a lot of people don't realize how insane censorship, etc. was around back then and how hard it was for women and POC in the industry. I wrote a paper about rap in the early 90s in undergrad, and it was really interesting finding out all insanity and boycotts and ish that went on.

TBH people are unaware of the context of a lot of things. My 18 year old cousin is completely unaware of how hard the fight was for gay marriage to be legalized, and doesn't realize how much society has changed in the past eight to ten years when it comes to gay marriage ( a lot of people are obvs. still homophobic as hell, but it's so much better). I grew up in a major city that is extremely liberal, but my best friend in high school was bullied for being gay and the teachers did sh*t about it. And I tried to explain, and my cousin just didn't get it.

Pacify Him

Madonna’s music is definitely better than today’s music

I’m getting on your nerves

derpmonster
Just now, Pacify Him said:

Madonna’s music is definitely better than today’s music

Not as long as Gaga is making music :ally:

Pop music will never be low brow.gif

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

ImTired
1 hour ago, androiduser said:

but the thing is that somebody's influence and impact has nothing to do with their beef with somebody or the shade they threw... some of the greatest artists in history have had beefs with other great artists of their time... To fully grasp Madonna's impact, it really needs to be observed without even taking Gaga into account, most of if it was pre-2009 anyway.

Most of Madonna's biggest impact was 80's/90's. I grew up with Vogue and remember Madonna's releases being huge events, like Michael Jackson's. And yeah, she was all sex and pushing buttons. The religious  imagery. She did  what she wanted knowing she'd cause contoversy, and purposely so. She was definitely revolutionary in that aspect, and quite fearless, not just changing music, but culture in general, I feel. And I think she had to be a b#@&* to do what she did then. But I think everyone else in the game has caught up, and now she's got such negative energy, it turns me off. Anywho.... :oops:

Archived