opinion

Gaga Getting Over-Exposed Non-Sense

Economy

Featured Posts

Jill
1 hour ago, ARTPOPthatbooty said:

Oh please.

this must be the most neutral passive-aggresive comment I've read

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PerfectExca

I believe ARUTW should not be released as a single or any song from ASIB for that matter. It would either kill Shallow or interfere with LG6. We've seen the longevity songs from this soundtrack would have. I'm definitely here for LG6 as soon as Shallow dies first though. There is no reason to kill a song just because fans are impatient, that's what's nonsensical, Shallow has alot of life and stats left in it. Also I can guarantee releasing ARUTW after shallow and then LG6 will be overexposure (I'm assuming it will do well under these circumstances of course) She's in good graces with the GP now of course but pushing 2 more singles without atleast a  3  month break  or so WILL cause backlash.  I'm here for LG6 lead  when Shallow dies but not ARUTW.  LG6 wouldn't necessarily threaten her success if released soon but it would kill Shallow. 

P.S. Ariana will definitely suffer from overexposure btw.

The sun will rise each day. Will you?

sipthistea

Although I agree she should take advantage of the overall attention she's getting from ASIB and Shallow's success, I think that, after her sixth studio album, she deserves a long rest to focus on herself.

You know, when someone is really overexposed, people start hating on them and they get over their material. That just happened to Taylor Swift, and it may happen to Ariana Grande if she keeps releasing like crazy. So it would be beneficial for Gaga to take a long break and to come back healthier, with new ideas for a next project. 

DutchHooker

@Economy Just in:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

sipthistea
1 hour ago, HorusRa2 said:

If Gaga is overexposed, what do we call Ariana? 

The new Rihanna 

Fresco
24 minutes ago, EmperorExca said:

I believe ARUTW should not be released as a single or any song from ASIB for that matter. It would either kill Shallow or interfere with LG6. We've seen the longevity songs from this soundtrack would have. I'm definitely here for LG6 as soon as Shallow dies first though. There is no reason to kill a song just because fans are impatient, that's what's nonsensical, Shallow has alot of life and stats left in it. Also I can guarantee releasing ARUTW after shallow and then LG6 will be overexposure (I'm assuming it will do well under these circumstances of course) She's in good graces with the GP now of course but pushing 2 more singles without atleast a  3  month break  or so WILL cause backlash.  I'm here for LG6 lead  when Shallow dies but not ARUTW.  LG6 wouldn't necessarily threaten her success if released soon but it would kill Shallow. 

You must be rollin in dough off Shallow, and will get no money from LG6 if that's how you feel.  As a fan, I want new music and I care nothing about how many other people are listening to it. Some artists release an album a year. LG6 in 2019 , LG7 in 2020 is possible. Though maybe not at all likely.

PS. Of course I understand that music has to have commercial success to pay for its production.

joannesrats
27 minutes ago, EmperorExca said:

I agree with most of this, but releasing singles back to back is actually what sustains a lot of artist's success. 

Galagala

She can really drop new things now!:staymad:

I think most of us are on my side. 

Just ignore different opinions. 

Economy
9 minutes ago, Slip7676 said:

You must be rollin in dough off Shallow, and will get no money from LG6 if that's how you feel.  As a fan, I want new music and I care nothing about how many other people are listening to it. Some artists release an album a year. LG6 in 2019 , LG7 in 2020 is possible. Though maybe not at all likely.

PS. Of course I understand that music has to have commercial success to pay for its production.

Hence why Gwen Stefani that had such iconic videos went so cheap and Christina Aguilera had singles without vids

Ppl act like flops don't matter but they do affect the money put Into visuals, TV promo etc

jaXXXon
12 minutes ago, Economy said:

Hence why Gwen Stefani that had such iconic videos went so cheap and Christina Aguilera had singles without vids

Ppl act like flops don't matter but they do affect the money put Into visuals, TV promo etc

I agree with you 100%, plus it's completely normal to want your favorite artist to slay on charts and rankings just like in sports, for example. To act like it's not is just stupid. 

I want Gaga to have a huge legacy and that's only going to happen (for a pop artist) if they have popular songs. If she doesn't do well on charts, her legacy will suffer. 

Fresco
12 minutes ago, Economy said:

Do any cable TV channels actually still play hot 100 music videos daily?

I haven't seen a music video on MTV in years, let alone an entire hot 100 showing daily.

Or are music videos now only for streaming?

Economy
Just now, Slip7676 said:

I haven't seen a music video on MTV in years, let alone an entire hot 100 showing daily.

They are mostly streaming now but either way... Successful artists get bigger budget videos

Economy
6 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

I agree with you 100%, plus it's completely normal to want your favorite artist to slay on charts and rankings just like in sports, for example. To act like it's not is just stupid. 

I want Gaga to have a huge legacy and that's only going to happen (for a pop artist) if they have popular songs. If she doesn't do well on charts, her legacy will suffer. 

That's the other thing I mentioned in another comment as well... Besides budget for visuals and tv interviews and promo that we love... It's like u said, the legacy as well

I want Gaga to be remembered generations from now and young people in 20 or 30 years to still know of Gaga...

Legends are only remembered like that if they are very successful commercially. Critical acclaim alone won't make u remembered

Madonna for example is seen as a mediocre singer, bad actress and even win 9 Razzie awards...

Yet who do people refer to as the Queen of Pop and who is more remembered? It's Madonna. Is it cuz she was the most talented? No, it's because she was the most successful

jaXXXon
5 minutes ago, Slip7676 said:

There are still some MTV-based channels that air music videos like MTV Hits, I think. There are some others but it's mostly streaming now.

Fresco
1 minute ago, jaXXXon said:

There are still some MTV-based channels that air music videos like MTV Hits, I think. There are some others but it's mostly streaming now.

MTV itself today is playing a Teen Mom 2 marathon, followed by a Catfish marathon. They sold out to fake-reality TV drama. No music videos on MTV or MTV2, which shows sitcom re-runs. MTV classics shows 80's videos. VH1 programming fake-reality shows. I don't know why MTV even still has music awards. They don't show current videos. How do they decide what to award? 

Archived