đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Ariana is today's Rihanna

sipthistea

Featured Posts

LateToCult
1 minute ago, jaXXXon said:

Rihanna had more #1s in 2009-11 than Gaga but we can both agree Gaga was clearly the bigger star. So even though Rihanna had more #1s than Ariana, it doesn't mean she can destroy her by any means. 

The important factor is that Ariana is HUGE right now and is scoring #1 hits. No one ever has the exact same career, so to count Ariana out is not right. I don't believe Rihanna could get bigger streams than Ariana in 2019. The only way that would happen is if she worked with Drake.

I’m not the one who said Rihanna “destroys” her. But to imply that she is the new Rihanna would mean that she has performed at the same level consistently throughout her entire career. Not the case at all. Ari has had hills and valleys along the way whereas Rihanna pretty much stayed at the top.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jaXXXon
8 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

I’m not the one who said Rihanna “destroys” her. But to imply that she is the new Rihanna would mean that she has performed at the same level consistently throughout her entire career. Not the case at all. Ari has had hills and valleys along the way whereas Rihanna pretty much stayed at the top.

People compared Gaga to Madonna but they had totally different careers as well (Gaga's 2008-11 career is totally different than Madonna's 1983-86 one).

Also, I hate when people forget Rihanna had her ARTPOP moment back in 2015 (Top 5 hit, then a follow-up which only went Top 20 and then a bomb that peaked lower than G.U.Y.), but she scrapped that album and went back to the studio and re-worked the album. In case you're wondering what songs I'm referring to it's FourFiveSeconds (Applause), B!tch Better Have My Money (DWUW) and American Oxygen (G.U.Y.).

LateToCult
11 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

People compared Gaga to Madonna but they had totally different careers as well (Gaga's 2008-11 career is totally different than Madonna's 1983-86 one).

Also, I hate when people forget Rihanna had her ARTPOP moment back in 2015 (Top 5 hit, then a follow-up which only went Top 20 and then a bomb that peaked lower than G.U.Y.), but she scrapped that album and went back to the studio and re-worked the album. In case you're wondering what songs I'm referring to it's FourFiveSeconds (Applause), B!tch Better Have My Money (DWUW) and American Oxygen (G.U.Y.).

I’m only comparing Rihanna’s first 5/6 years  to Ariana’s career to be fair. Her chart run is far more impressive because like I said, she pretty much stayed at the top. And as for the 2015 period in Rihanna’s career it’s hardly relevant to this conversation. She had one period of fumbles 9 years into her career and came back harder than ever with Anti. 

Bizcochito

a privileged white woman replacing one of the biggest black women in music this century? sounds about white.  

Lumiere
19 hours ago, sipthistea said:

Barbarian singer Rihanna

I literally choked on my drink 

FameMonster01

Ariana is not even an inch of what Rihanna used to be/is. Rihanna has longevity, each of her albums was successful and had  WW radio hits, she is one of the best selling artists EVER. Ariana can't even compare. Rihanna made great bodies of work year after a year while Ariana is serving half finished projects in a row 

Taide

I mean lets look at the chart stats.

Ariana has been in the game for.. 6 years now. On that time she's released 5 albums, spawned two #1 hits and 10 top 10 hits.

Rihanna 6 years into her career had released 6 albums, had 11 #1 songs and 20 top 10 hits.

Only thing Ariana is ahead of Rihanna is #1 albums which she has 3 and Rihanna 0 (6 first albums).

Loyalty

Let’s be honest though no one has been competing with Ariana since Sweetener came out and Thank U, Next and that’s why she’s had the opportunity to smash. 

Rihanna is Rihanna with huge single sales,  multiple number ones and has spent plenty of weeks on the charts. 

Archived