opinion

Ariana is today's Rihanna

sipthistea

Featured Posts

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
freebit

Rihanna just has a coolness to her personality and music that can't be replicated. She also innately has good taste.  Ariana is far messier and kind of  cheesy. Ariana can release music with regularity like Rihanna used to, but they're two very different people. 

FentyGa

I kind of see it, but don't worry.
Queen Rih will be back to take her throne with R9.
Love Ari tho!:heart:

I didn’t even noticed Ariana and Rihanna are similar names

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

What is the fascination with labeling people as other people? I don’t get it. 

Literaltl every single day there is an active thread along the lines of “Ava Max is the new Gaga” or something like that. Why? Why is that a thing that people do? :fail:

Smother Em Eh

Nah Riri is better in my opinion, but that’s me. 

When Rihannas Album comes out, watch it sky rocket to the charts in a matter of seconds. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

StrawberryBlond

I was thinking the exact same thing. I think she has a lot of similarities - started out really young, makes albums frequently, has a lot of hits, largely appeals to the young generation, is looked at as really hot and sexy and uses that appeal as part of her brand, is the It Girl. Very much reminds me of Rihanna in her prime. I prefer Rihanna's music more but she obviously can't hold a candle to Ariana's vocals. As for personality well...Ariana's letting fame go to her head recently in the same way Rihanna did, but time will tell. I totally think 7 Rings sounds like a Rihanna song, I said that as soon as it came out, but it has Ariana's girlie touch to it.

Since Rihanna's been away on a music break and focusing on her make up and lingerie line since 2017, Ariana's seriously been filling the void she's left with 2 #1 hits and 3 top 10 hits, 2 #1 albums, is about to embark on a tour, is slaying with YouTube views and likes and is currently one of the biggest female sellers right now. She even did better than previous It Girl Taylor Swift did with her last album in terms of hits. This was the stuff Rihanna used to do and I think this means Rihanna's going to have a tough time coming back when she decides to make an appearance. Its been nearly 3.5 years since her last album, which is a long time in mainstream music for the public to move on. I've been wondering when the next Rihanna would come along and it would seem like Ariana's the one. Makes you wonder, will there be another Katy Perry esque figure? Lady Gaga? Beyonce? I'm not saying they have to be exactly like them, just command the same style and attention that these women did from 2008-2016.

River
3 hours ago, sipthistea said:

Barbarian singer Rihanna.

Do you mean Barbadian:laughga:

I don't see Rihanna like this girl

2c59d5143837a58485b2c777b59b2549.png

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Taide
2 hours ago, sipthistea said:

You can't compare sales to streams. 

In streaming, Ariana destroys Rihanna 

LMAO. No she doesn't. Have you seen Anti's stats? Almost every track has +100M streams on Spotify expect 2. She has had 30 million monthly listeners in Spotify for years despite not releasing any album in 1140 days.

Once R9 will be released, it will be over for the girlies. 

2 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Ariana is the new Rita Ora and that's on that. :reductive:

Hey don't knock Rita, she is very successful in this country and has been for a long time and thats not an easy thing to do, just ask Taylor Swift with her 1 number 1 single LWYMMD in the UK.

RahrahWitch

I don't see the correlation between the two at all, they're both good in their own ways. If you're talking impact like Riri had, I don't see that for Arianna outside of the US.

Archived