💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Release date tin foil theory

LilyLark

Featured Posts

LilyLark

So some of y'all laughed, but I really don't think Gaga will drop that close to a another artist. Streaming has changed a lot as have other parts of release strategies (very little promo in terms of magazines, etc.) for Taylor, Bey, Lorde, etc.

A lot of signs point towards Taylor releasing April 13th—the calendar thing, it's a Saturday which works well with sales, her reappearance on the scene, etc. And Taylor now is with Republic which is part of UMG, much like Interscope is....and I don't see Interscope releasing LG6 close to when Taylor releases because Taylor is going to crush everyone (I love Gaga, but lbr she isn't going to outsell Tay). Both labels belong to UMG, too, so they'll know for sure the release dates.

So putting on my tin foil hat, I think if she doesn't drop now (this Friday or next) it's not coming until mid May. Lion King film comes out in mid July, and the album will probably drop a little before it and Disney will spend a ton of cash to push it...especially as Bey is on the album. So if she doesn't drop mid May, then it's not coming to August/Sept. or even Oct./Nov. imo to avoid Mickey's sure to be hardcore promotion of that soundtrack.

And I do believe it means something that she didn't specifically promise anything, just said she was working on new music. It might have just been a reminder that she's out of the ASIB era and that it was over, and a new era has begun. Also, perhaps, to get the tabs focused back on her music and not the movie or the rumors about her and BCoop. Although Bloodpop and Diplo commenting might have been a sign, too, that it's coming soon...(I don't buy Nytrix or Cupcakke).

TLDR: Potential LG6 release dates

Next two weeks

Mid May-Late May (imo the most likely, still on a high from ASIB but removed enough that she won't be over-exposed and it can be seen as a separate era)

Aug-Nov.

derpmonster

I thought this was gonna be about the limited edition ARTPOP with foil :sharon:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Memento

Taylor is going to underperform on her next album, you heard it here first. We have nothing to worry about

Talk **** on me again ill sandwich your fuggin face

Everyone is talking about Gaga rn, so if she drops the lead single soon then it's definitely going to be huge.

Economy

I have this nagging feeling were still gonna wait months for that lead single

I hope I'm wrong tho cuz that would be a waste of momentum Gaga's popularity has seen recently! :huh:

Economy
Just now, DailyGaga said:

Everyone is talking about Gaga rn, so if she drops the lead single soon then it's definitely going to be huge.

This! That's what I'm saying

But knowing her and her team they don't seem to know how to time things properly to take most advantage of things

I feel like once again they will miss a big opportunity

9 minutes ago, Economy said:

This! That's what I'm saying

But knowing her and her team they don't seem to know how to time things properly to take most advantage of things

I feel like once again they will miss a big opportunity

Exactly!!! But who knows.

I mean gaga's twitter about the LG6 thing should mean something. She got all the attentions, Billboard hot 100 is weak so far, radio started to pick up. It's a perfect time to drop the single. when the summer comes all the artists are going to drop their singles:saladga:

Economy
14 minutes ago, DailyGaga said:

Exactly!!! But who knows.

I mean gaga's twitter about the LG6 thing should mean something. She got all the attentions, Billboard hot 100 is weak so far, radio started to pick up. It's a perfect time to drop the single. when the summer comes all the artists are going to drop their singles:saladga:

I see ur new to GGD are u by any chance a new fan as well?

In case u are u should know Gaga has a long history of saying "soon" for stuff and then it takes forever. Some past albums like Born This Way and ARTPOP she hyped for ages and ages. She would make announcements that she will be making an announcement on a set date :rip:

Lately she hasn't hyped stuff for as long as she used to but given her history, I'd say her mentioning stuff on twitter doesn't prove its around the corner

4 minutes ago, Economy said:

I see ur new to GGD are u by any chance a new fan as well?

In case u are u should know Gaga has a long history of saying "soon" for stuff and then it takes forever. Some past albums like Born This Way and ARTPOP she hyped for ages and ages. She would make announcements that she will be making an announcement on a set date :rip:

Lately she hasn't hyped stuff for as long as she used to but given her history, I'd say her mentioning stuff on twitter doesn't prove its around the corner

lol I'm a fan since 2012(It's kinda sad cause gaga started to go downhill by the time I fan her, so the shallow era is really the first peak of her I've been through, and I really hope she can keep on going and smash more hits base on the success now). I'm so new to GGD tho, and yea she does the soon thing all the time... I guess we just worry even more than herself lol.

Economy
10 minutes ago, DailyGaga said:

lol I'm a fan since 2012(It's kinda sad cause gaga started to go downhill by the time I fan her, so the shallow era is really the first peak of her I've been through, and I really hope she can keep on going and smash more hits base on the success now). I'm so new to GGD tho, and yea she does the soon thing all the time... I guess we just worry even more than herself lol.

How old are u? Do u remember her peak 2009-2011? It was really something to witness she was huge and everywhere. I especially loved whatching her win all the awards and other artists didn't stand a chance. The 2011 VMAs killed me :fan:

Here in Canada even more so cuz her single success between Just Dance and Edge of Glory was massive. My dad even said he doesn't remember an artist being as huge as Gaga was

Just Dance #1 (4 weeks)

Poker Face #1 (9 weeks)

Love Game #2

Paparazzi #3

Bad Romance #1 (2 weeks)

Telephone #3

Alejandro #4

Born This Way #1 (7 weeks)

Judas #8

The Edge Of Glory #3

After that Canada's singles run overall weren't really more impressive than in the US

Speaking on the US,Gaga because of a big fan base after bad romance sales of singles became very front loaded and peaked way before radio peaked so it made it harder for singles to peak at #1 like Katy Perry but total sales and success shows her top 5 hits were huge nevertheless

Her social media reign was also huge. At one point she had most viewed YouTube video (Bad Romance), most viewed account (first to cross 1 Billion views) and most twitter followers all at once!

Of course the numbers from back then aren't impressive now but at the time she dominated every category even in the US

She had:

- the most hit singles

- most albums sold

- biggest tours

- most awards won

- most media buzz

- biggest on social media

It's rare that an artist dominates every single category but that's what Gaga did between 2009 to 2011. It was incredible!

Since then we've had artists dominate their own thing like Katy Perry with hit singles or Taylor Swift with tours or Adele with album sales (Taylor too)...

But no artist since Gaga's peak has simultaneously dominated every major category of success like she did all at once!

4 minutes ago, Economy said:

How old are u? Dou remember her peak 2009-2011? It was really something to witness she was huge and everywhere. I especially loved whatching her win all the awards and other artists didn't stand a chance. The 2011 VMAs killed me :fan:

Here in Canada even more so cuz her single success between Just Dance and Edge of Glory was massive. My dad even said he doesn't remember an artist being as huge as Gaga was

Just Dance #1 (4 weeks)

Poker Face #1 (9 weeks)

Love Game #2

Paparazzi #3

Bad Romance #1 (2 weeks)

Telephone #3

Alejandro #4

Judas #8

The Edge Of Glory #3

After that her chart positions were more simmilar to that of the US but in that period of time she was massive particularly on media

Her social media reign was also huge. At one point she had most viewed YouTube video (Bad Romance), most viewed account (first to cross 1 Billion views) and most twitter followers all at once!

Of course the numbers from back then aren't impressive now but at the time she dominated every category even in the US

She had:

- the most hit singles

- most albums sold

- biggest tours

- most awards won

- most media buzz

It's rare that an artist dominates every single category but that's what Gaga did between 2009 to 2011. It was incredible!

Since then we've had artists dominate their own thing like Katy Perry with hit singles or Taylor Swift with tours or Adele with album sales (Taylor too)...

But no artist since Gaga's peak has simultaneously dominated every major category of success like she did all at once!

Im 23. and started to fan her since high school so 16. and I didn't get a chance to witness her huge success 2009~2011. I don't know if she can do that again. I remember when applause comes out and everybody was talking about how Katy's roar dominant gaga's lead single and I was so pissed haha. It's incredible to see her hit a #1 again on billboard after all these years. especially when 365 "surprisingly" drop off the chart:ally:

13 minutes ago, Economy said:

How old are u? Do u remember her peak 2009-2011? It was really something to witness she was huge and everywhere. I especially loved whatching her win all the awards and other artists didn't stand a chance. The 2011 VMAs killed me :fan:

Just Dance #1 (4 weeks)

Poker Face #1 (9 weeks)

Love Game #2

Paparazzi #3

Bad Romance #1 (2 weeks)

Telephone #3

Alejandro #4

Judas #8

The Edge Of Glory #3

After that Canada's singles run overall weren't really more impressive than in the US

Speaking on the US,Gaga because of a big fan base after bad romance sales of singles became very front loaded and peaked way before radio peaked so it made it harder for singles to peak at #1 like Katy Perry but total sales and success shows her top 5 hits were huge nevertheless

She had:

- the most hit singles

- most albums sold

- biggest tours

- most awards won

- most media buzz

and also applause's failure is always so weird to me. just don't understand why is it peak #4. at least it should peak #1 for just one week. 

Archived