💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What are your 10/10 'Perfect' Albums?

Guest Blue Madonna

Featured Posts

ImTired
38 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

Do you have many albums which you think are 10/10, absolutely nailed it? I personally, for some reason, struggle to call an album 'perfect' i.e. flawless, exceeded the concept of a record, but I can give an album 10/10 to albums which I think have nailed it in four main areas; Production, Lyrics, Delivery, and the overall feel of the album. I say the last one because I think there are a couple of albums (Lemonade, for example) which I find to be technically perfect yet it's just not quite on par with these other albums. It's not that there's something wrong with it or something missing, just that it hasn't 100% nailed it, if that makes sense? :selena:

For me, I have 6 albums that I would give a straight 10/10:

51T8dh9dDML._SY355_.jpglana-del-rey-lust-for-life.jpg4296bc60.jpgrs-148957-10299100-576709759114405-8967171133444390332-n-1404933232.jpg?crop=900:600&width=440Isolation.jpg81SzLcBrXFL._SS500_.jpg

In order from favourite to least:

Melodrama - Lorde

Lust For Life - Lana Del Rey

Gone Now - Bleachers

Strange Desire - Bleachers

Isolation - Kali Uchis

Golden Hour - Kacey Musgraves

I just love all of these albums so much, I think they are all stunning records and if you haven't heard some of these, I highly suggest you do! Interestingly, if you'd asked me this question a year ago I would have only said Melodrama and Lust For Life but in the past year or so I have discovered these four other albums which I then fell in love with and now see them to be pretty much on par with those two. :heart:

What about you, do you have any albums you would give a straight 10/10? 

Bleachers!?!?! I thought I was the only one!!! 😍😍😍😍😍

giphy.gif

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, misunderstood said:

Not sure about my other 2 but I'll let you know, and no I do not let artist's personal lives affect my music listening, sorry.

I respect that a lot. Also, I've noticed recently that you are also a hip-hop fan, a rare specimen on GGD :poot: Other than your aforementioned, which other hip-hop artists/albums do you regularly listen to?

My favourite artists would be Tyler, The Creator, A$AP Rocky and Kanye West. Fave albums would have to be Flower Boy, ye, 808s and Heartbreak, 2014 Forest Hills Drive, ASTROWORLD, KIDS SEE GHOSTS and AT.LONG.LAST.A$AP, just to name a few :chica:

1 minute ago, ImTired said:

Bleachers!?!?! I thought I was the only one!!! 😍😍😍😍😍

giphy.gif

OMG YAAAS

I LOVE BLEACHERS SO MUCH

BOTH OF THEIR ALBUMS ARE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT

DON'T TAKE THE MONEY IS MORE EFFECTIVE THAN DRUGS

I CAN'T WAIT FOR B3

:woot:

misunderstood
Just now, Blue Madonna said:

I respect that a lot. Also, I've noticed recently that you are also a hip-hop fan, a rare specimen on GGD :poot: Other than your aforementioned, which other hip-hop artists/albums do you regularly listen to?

My favourite artists would be Tyler, The Creator, A$AP Rocky and Kanye West. Fave albums would have to be Flower Boy, ye, 808s and Heartbreak, 2014 Forest Hills Drive, ASTROWORLD, KIDS SEE GHOSTS and AT.LONG.LAST.A$AP, just to name a few :chica:

Being honest thank you for not being judgmental and calling me a terrible person for listening to an artist :hug: It's rare to see nowadays and I decided to be brave enough and just post what I thought was good.

Yes! Very much so.

The first artist that got me into rap as one of my favorite genres is Travis Scott, but A$AP (after seeing him open for RIhanna and being blown away) I listened to his albums. I don't listen to him a lot but I appreciate him and think he's talented along with Tyler. I love Kanye though, 808s, MBDTF, Yeezus is one of my favorite albums of all time.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

AlexDelarge

ok computer - radiohead

hounds of love - kate bush

remain in light - talking heads

born this way - lady gaga

queen is dead - the smiths

the great escape - blur

Suspiria
7 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

Ngl as a Lana stan I have heard this opinion a lot, but I just don't get it! I just find it flows so well and I have never had issues with the genre-hopping between pop, hip-hop and folk :deadbanana: I love every song, and while I wish songs such as RBFY, Yosemite and Architecture could have made it onto the record, I still adore every aspect of LFL. Love made me go back and listen to Lana's old music, and LFL made me stan :diane:

And for me, Ultraviolence is a near 10, and BTD would also be near a 10 but I find some of the songs near the end are kind of unnecessary. Honeymoon is :poot: great songs individually but as an album... :green:

Each to their own I suppose, but I just think it's so incohesive and inconsistent. It has some of her best songwriting, but also some of her worst lyrics ever (and she's had some real duds...).  I can see why some people would enjoy the genre hopping but for me it just doesn't work. And I feel like the sparse production overall was just a huge step down from the super lush, atmospheric instrumentals she's had on all her other albums. I get she wanted a change, but I think ir was a change for the worse.

Totally agree about BTD though. My personal favourite, but there are sooo many songs on it that just didn't need to be there:smh:

1 minute ago, misunderstood said:

Being honest thank you for not being judgmental and calling me a terrible person for listening to an artist :hug: It's rare to see nowadays and I decided to be brave enough and just post what I thought was good.

Yes! Very much so.

The first artist that got me into rap as one of my favorite genres is Travis Scott, but A$AP (after seeing him open for RIhanna and being blown away) I listened to his albums. I don't listen to him a lot but I appreciate him and think he's talented along with Tyler. I love Kanye though, 808s, MBDTF, Yeezus is one of my favorite albums of all time.

omg I'm so glad there's another hip-hop fan! I used to be friends with @Chamaquito and @TheAlpha who also loved hip-hop but they both got banned so :poot:

and the taste! I'm currently in a bit of a MBDTF phase and I'm slowly getting into Yeezus, I think. Can't wait for YANDHI omg :chica:

misunderstood
Just now, Blue Madonna said:

omg I'm so glad there's another hip-hop fan! I used to be friends with @Chamaquito and @TheAlpha who also loved hip-hop but they both got banned so :poot:

and the taste! I'm currently in a bit of a MBDTF phase and I'm slowly getting into Yeezus, I think. Can't wait for YANDHI omg :chica:

YASS so happy to meet a fellow Kanye stan :poot:

I'm hyped as **** for YANDHI too. That snippet with the choir WAS EVERYTHING.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

2 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Each to their own I suppose, but I just think it's so incohesive and inconsistent. It has some of her best songwriting, but also some of her worst lyrics ever (and she's had some real duds...).  I can see why some people would enjoy the genre hopping but for me it just doesn't work. And I feel like the sparse production overall was just a huge step down from the super lush, atmospheric instrumentals she's had on all her other albums. I get she wanted a change, but I think ir was a change for the worse.

Totally agree about BTD though. My personal favourite, but there are sooo many songs on it that just didn't need to be there:smh:

Fair enough. And the second half of BTD is a mess, not to mention the deluxe edition :toofunny:

Carmen, Million Dollar Man, This Is What Makes Us Girls, Without You, Lolita, Lucky Ones... :smh:

freakumdress

Melodrama - Lorde

Ultraviolence - Lana Del Rey

Lemonade - Beyoncé

Golden Hour - Kacey Musgraves

Ray Of Light - Madonna

LP1 - FKA twigs

Be The Cowboy - Mitski

Archived