💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

James Gunn rehired for Guardians of the Galaxy 3

River

Featured Posts

River

sub-buzz-6915-1552673617-1.jpg?downsize=

James Gunn has been reinstated as the writer-director of the Marvel Studios film Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, BuzzFeed News has confirmed, after he was fired in July when alt-right figures resurfaced old tweets in which he made jokes about pedophilia.

In his first tweet since his firing, Gunn said he was grateful to his supporters and appreciated Disney's decision.

The move is a remarkable reversal for Disney. When Gunn was fired, the studio was unequivocal in its condemnation of the filmmaker’s old tweets, which had been dug up by prominent right-wing online personalities, including Jack Posobiec.

“The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values, and we have severed our business relationship with him," said Alan Horn, chairman of Walt Disney Studios at the time.

Gunn himself took responsibility for the tweets and accepted Marvel’s decision, saying in a statement that his past jokes were “totally failed and unfortunate attempts to be provocative” and that “they don’t reflect the person I am today or have been for some time.”

Two weeks after he was fired, Gunn’s Guardians cast — including Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Dave Bautista, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Michael Rooker, and Sean Gunn — signed an open letter saying they “fully support” Gunn and imploring Disney to reinstate him as the director. Bautista went further, tweeting that “it’s pretty nauseating to work for someone who’d empower a smear campaign by fascists #cybernazis.”

After he was fired from Guardians Vol. 3, Gunn signed on to direct the superhero movie Suicide Squad 2 for Warner Bros. He’s still committed to make that film, and will direct Guardians Vol. 3 after he’s finished.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/adambvary/james-gunn-guardians-of-the-galaxy-re-hired

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

GoldenPonyboy

I think that the best move for disney is to remove the disney brand from their film franchises. Obviously they would still own them and make cash but i think lucasfilm Nd marvel should be run independently without influence from disney. Its never going to happen but a girl can dream

DeleteMyAccount
11 minutes ago, GoldenPonyboy said:

I think that the best move for disney is to remove the disney brand from their film franchises. Obviously they would still own them and make cash but i think lucasfilm Nd marvel should be run independently without influence from disney. Its never going to happen but a girl can dream

Never going to happen. Especially with Disney already incorporating Marvel and Star Wars Lands in their theme parks around the world. 

Oh thank god. Sick and tired of people crucifying celebrities actions that were obviously wrong but the person had clearly changed a lot since then and would never repeat their actions, and it’s nice to see that they’re acknowledging this and reversing it. Plus, he has amazing creative vision!

YourCureness

Im thinking this was the plan all along. They just wanted to show that they responded to the criticism. Then after sometime rehire him for the redemption arc and bring noise to the project. I like it. I like james gunn he is a visionary. 

Scathach

I’m sorry but his jokes were disgusting. I don’t think anyone in its right mind could make p*dophilia jokes. But whatever he is ViSiaNoRy so he gets a pass from being trash.

Angelm

The trilogy wouldn’t be complete without him, he has made the previous two movies so good, that are in my top 5 favorites from the MCU. Also, Bradley is a fundamental part of the movies :awesome:

I’m glad they rehired him. It would’ve been a mess otherwise.

sarahb

It's kinda funny how this lead to him directing both Suicide Squad and Guardians of the Galaxy 3

Thanks trolls :fan:

RAMROD

Well, the latest report said that Disney and Marvel have never look for anyone to replace him in the first place. They had rehires Gunn in secret. But were just waiting til things simmer down to announce this.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-gunn-back-as-guardians-galaxy-3-director-1195066

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Versace

I think GOTG 3 will still be delayed from original 2020 release. I said this before but the right move for Disney was to fire him after work has been done on GOTG3. They have to prioritize the cohesiveness of the movies fans pay to see and the actors have committed too. At the end of the day Disney is extremely strict about its image, they always have been. So such cut-throat moves have been in their nature but what they need to learn is how to protect their image without it being at the cost of other involved entities.

Archived