💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

#LG6 Style

Angelm

Featured Posts

Angelm

Since it has been pretty much confirmed at this time, we know BloodPop is one of the producers for #LG6, he has worked with Gaga before, producing Joanne.

I wonder how #LG6 tracks with BloodPop will sound, here’s a short list of the styles he can produce:

Very 1989, soft pop - Capital Letters / Hailee Steinfeld

Heavier electronic pop - ... Ready For It? Remix/ Taylor Swift

Cute radio friendly bop -Friends/Justin Bieber

Pure EDM

Or... Joanne style

220px-Lady_Gaga_-_Joanne_(Official_Album 

I like; Friends, Capital Letters and ...Ready For It?.  I’m not sure if it will sound too EDM, judging by the other producers, like SOPHIE. If she decides to go EDM like ARTPOP, I would like it to sound like this:

But I feel that, if #LG6 is an electronic album, it could be a turn off for the GP that came along with C2C/Joanne/ASIB, but that would show everyone that Gaga isn’t afraid of changing, she does what she loves and believes in her work, no matter what.

I’m so excited for this new album, it’s going to open with huge numbers and it could be one of Gaga’s most successful album, AOTY win... here we go :vegas:

What are your opinions? Do you have a particular style you would like #LG6 to sound like?

AJRocketMan

Technically Born This Way was EDM too as she made House, Techno, and Industrial songs. With ARTPOP it was Complextro or Complextro-inspired. LG6 will most likely be Techno, but a different subset than Born This Way was.

JustAnother

Bloodpop can produce basically anything so I wouldn’t assume based off his older works what could happen next (like Gaga). 

LilyLark

I know a lot of LM want a very particular sound (techno or heavy EDM) or ARTPOP 2.0 (especially with Boys Noize)—but Diplo and BloodPop generally produce more radio friendly bops. Sophie is a bit more experimental, and it sounds like her tracks were scrapped. The photos were definitely more EDM-ish, but they could have been for Enigma, too....And djws is the one who said ARTPOP 2.0., but then said she was going in a different direction

I'm one of the LM who wouldn't mind Joanne 2.0, and I think a lot of the GP would like it....but I feel like Gaga is stuck between a rock and a hard place. The GP probably wants more mainstream, but the critics tend to be harsher towards women artists who change sounds and have definitely indicated that they want "old Gaga" back even if Joanne got mostly decent reviews...but the critics don't want Gaga to be too weird (aka ARTPOP).

I'm excited too, but if she releases before October in time for Grammys I'm afraid she'll get crushed by Adele or Beyonce. And I want her to win AOTY!

I'm kind of wondering if it could sound like a mix of Joanne and The Fame (stripped back, pop-rock with some electronic vibes)...Diplo has worked with Marina and Santigold in the past, and I could see BloodPop's vibe meshing well with that...

JustAnother
16 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I know a lot of LM want a very particular sound (techno or heavy EDM) or ARTPOP 2.0 (especially with Boys Noize)—but Diplo and BloodPop generally produce more radio friendly bops. Sophie is a bit more experimental, and it sounds like her tracks were scrapped. The photos were definitely more EDM-ish, but they could have been for Enigma, too....And djws is the one who said ARTPOP 2.0., but then said she was going in a different direction

I'm one of the LM who wouldn't mind Joanne 2.0, and I think a lot of the GP would like it....but I feel like Gaga is stuck between a rock and a hard place. The GP probably wants more mainstream, but the critics tend to be harsher towards women artists who change sounds and have definitely indicated that they want "old Gaga" back even if Joanne got mostly decent reviews...but the critics don't want Gaga to be too weird (aka ARTPOP).

I'm excited too, but if she releases before October in time for Grammys I'm afraid she'll get crushed by Adele or Beyonce. And I want her to win AOTY!

I'm kind of wondering if it could sound like a mix of Joanne and The Fame (stripped back, pop-rock with some electronic vibes)...Diplo has worked with Marina and Santigold in the past, and I could see BloodPop's vibe meshing well with that...

Lol, the only “critics” that want Gaga to go back to the old her are most of her fans. The ASIB soundtrack has the same metascore as TFM. Gaga could go back to making dance-pop ala TFM or go to her more Adult Contemporary music ala ASIB ballads and it would still be highly received by actual critics. It’s the “fans” that would tear her down if she kept doing Joanne/ASIB music. Just want to make that clear. 

LilyLark
2 minutes ago, JustAnother said:

Lol, the only “critics” that want Gaga to go back to the old her are most of her fans. The ASIB soundtrack has the same metascore as TFM. Gaga could go back to making dance-pop ala TFM or go to her more Adult Contemporary music ala ASIB ballads and it would still be highly received by actual critics. It’s the “fans” that would tear her down if she kept doing Joanne/ASIB music. Just want to make that clear. 

I feel like Spin & NYT tho ripped Gaga, Katy, and Taylor for changing sounds, at least when it came to Joanne, witness, and reputation. Could have been more of an anti-pop thing tho, like how pitchfork didn't even review 1989 but did review Ryan Adam's cover of the album.

But  you're right that ASIB received good reviews, and probably would have had even better reviews without the dialogue tracks (some critics complained about those). Yeah, GP and critics would probably be fine with ASIB...it's  a big chunk of the LM who wouldn't.

Safest bet for Gaga, imo, is to do a mix—ASIB/Joanne but with more dance friendly bops like jw and less ballads.

Angelm
40 minutes ago, JustAnother said:

Bloodpop can produce basically anything so I wouldn’t assume based off his older works what could happen next (like Gaga). 

Ugh, i’m so excited, you never know with Gaga. She will surprise us.

Ziggy
55 minutes ago, JustAnother said:

Plus, he was brought onto Joanne to make it more "pop". Thus, I would say it's a fair assumption Gaga has recruited him for similar reasons this time around.

Queen Gloria

Give me that 80s pop, Gaga. Yaasssss!

Angelm
18 minutes ago, QueenHunty said:

Give me that 80s pop, Gaga. Yaasssss!

Everything :messga:

But I feel like this isn’t the right time, maybe later, as an experimental album. #LG6 needs to be on point, for every age, gender, taste. It needs to be THE album, this could be a new peak point for Gaga.

Archived