💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Unique innovative music genres?

Lighter

Featured Posts

joanoflark

Electronic music is where it's at. There's some really experimental stuff that'll just blow your mind (or turn you off, it depends on each person). 

I also really love Krautrock and cosmic jazz. 

Lighter
19 minutes ago, fayecuntaway said:

Electronic music is where it's at. There's some really experimental stuff that'll just blow your mind (or turn you off, it depends on each person). 

I also really love Krautrock and cosmic jazz. 

I checked krautrock out damn it’s good

a lot of cool stuff happening in the indie rock scene, a lot of people are combining genres really well! kinda hard to find though, so a bit of research might help. wikipedia has a surprisingly comprehensive list of sub-genres with examples of bands and artists in those genres, check that out! it has cool things like nerd rock, jangle pop, psychedelic r&b-indie rock, things like that! if you need unique music suggestions, check out Anthony Fantano's YouTube channel (theneedledrop) he's real diverse.

Karolina

Industrial music for industrial people! 

(Warning: there's a high chance that industrial will turn you off, as @fayecuntaway said.)

Industrial was not only a music genre, it was an art movement. Not the most enjoyable and pleasant (actually it was meant to be the exact opposite) on earth, though it was highly innovative and influential as it used sounds and themes that were omitted by others. It made the entire movement extremely controversial. 

Spoiler

Here is a link that might clarify what industrial was all about:
http://media.hyperreal.org/zines/est/articles/preindex.html

This one shows the evolution from early cacaphonic sounds to more radio-friendly artists such as Marilyn Manson:
https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/beginners-guide-to-industrial-music/

I also recommend simply reading the article on industrial on Wikipedia. It's very detailed and well written.

A Hybrid

Idk if it’s innovative enough but I’ve been getting into St. Vincent’s music

No family’s safe when I sashay

TimisaMonster

In my pop dreams...I imagine "Frankenstein" sounds like this synthwave masterpiece! 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Zander

I’ve always liked future funk - 70’s and 80’s funk and disco samples that have been heavily chopped and screwed into new tracks (it’s a sub genre of Vaporwave) I don’t know how experimental it is though. 

guccic0och

Blank Banshee is a great producer who is kinda outside the norm with his music. Vaporwave mixed with trap and heavy electronic music. 

He incorporates 80s/90s samples a lot in his music and places his own chaotic and trap like beats over them. He’s dope af.

tHeRe cAn bE oNe hUnDrEd pEoPlE iN a rOoM

joanoflark
24 minutes ago, Karolina said:

Industrial music for industrial people! 

(Warning: there's a high chance that industrial will turn you off, as @fayecuntaway said.)

Industrial was not only a music genre, it was an art movement. Not the most enjoyable and pleasant (actually it was meant to be the exact opposite) on earth, though it was highly innovative and influential as it used sounds and themes that were omitted by others. It made the entire movement extremely controversial. 

Hide contents

Here is a link that might clarify what industrial was all about:
http://media.hyperreal.org/zines/est/articles/preindex.html

This one shows the evolution from early cacaphonic sounds to more radio-friendly artists such as Marilyn Manson:
https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/beginners-guide-to-industrial-music/

I also recommend simply reading the article on industrial on Wikipedia. It's very detailed and well written.

I LOOOOOVE THROBBING GRISTLE!

My favorite:

TheSlash

I said it a gazillion times before ( :awkney:  :oops: ) and I say it again:

SOPHIE :giveup: 

The first three tracks are mainstream, but after that she gets more and more experimental. It's avant-electronic-pop :tony: 

Also Boys Noize with his modular sounds (not him alone, but I think he's most prominent :lana: ) and Arca (even tho I don't like his style :awkney: ).

Ew, David!

Industrial, Complextro and  Nu Metal.

Not that UNIQUE but they're interesting.

This one is none of the above genre but is my jam since childhood. Oh the nostalgia 😢

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

gumzy3000

I really like hardcore industrial EDM music. It’s so cold and evil but it sounds amazing 

trolly troll troll

Sandrology

Before Boys Noize was a possible Producer of Gagz he made a Song for a soundtrack of a german movie, thats how I figured out his music and was like DAMN, he's so underrated and talented he should work with her..

Archived