Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Iggy Azalea - Sally Walker

monsterhamh

Featured Posts

misunderstood
10 minutes ago, OBEY said:

At least Cardi’s money had a fast-rapping part, Iggy’s song needed a fast bridge so we can bop but nothing happens during the bridge, quite disappointing ngl

"sO wE cAn BoP!"

You are aware that Iggy doesn't owe ya'll **** :air:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OBEY
9 minutes ago, misunderstood said:

"sO wE cAn BoP!"

You are aware that Iggy doesn't owe ya'll **** :air:

Ugh yeah she sure as hell doesn’t own me anything, i like the song, i wish her lots of success she’s a great artist and she deserves way more than she gets but i think the song lacks something that’s all i still have it on repeat 🤚🏻

Judas Oyster
19 hours ago, Ooolong said:

Money and Sally Walker have the same producer, J. White. He also produced most of (or the entirety, I don’t remember) of Iggy’s upcoming album. Calling her desperate is a bit much, lol. Money and HUMBLE. aren’t particularly original, just some of the most recent and popular examples of songs similar to Iggy’s.

Well. It doesn't make it better that it's the same producer. Kinda sucks for a producer to recycle a beat, specially selling it to an artist like Iggy. Trying to stay relevant in todays music scene. Sad that she actually bought it and used it. And worrying he's a main producer for her album.

I understand why it seems like a good choice to use a producer who made a song for Cardi but to me it's still a little desperate. Iggy is good and I'm sure she could have done better with another producer making something new. Not copying two big and relevant artists.

I agree with you it's not the most creative and original idea, which kinda makes it worse. It's so simple it shouldn't be used three consecutive times by big hip-hop artists. I think making a freestyle version of Humble or Money would have showcased more her as an artist.

Ooolong
10 minutes ago, Judas Oyster said:

Well. It doesn't make it better that it's the same producer. Kinda sucks for a producer to recycle a beat, specially selling it to an artist like Iggy. Trying to stay relevant in todays music scene. Sad that she actually bought it and used it. And worrying he's a main producer for her album.

I understand why it seems like a good choice to use a producer who made a song for Cardi but to me it's still a little desperate. Iggy is good and I'm sure she could have done better with another producer making something new. Not copying two big and relevant artists.

I agree with you it's not the most creative and original idea, which kinda makes it worse. It's so simple it shouldn't be used three consecutive times by big hip-hop artists. I think making a freestyle version of Humble or Money would have showcased more her as an artist.

I never claimed it made the situation better, I was just pointing out that it is why there are so many similarities. J. White didn't just make the beat and sell it to Iggy either. They worked together extensively, in a studio, to craft her upcoming album. They began working together around the same time that Money was released, and it's not like Money was that successful, so I doubt Iggy even thought of it. It peaked at #13 nearly three weeks after it was released and then went down from there. Personally, I think this song sounds in-line with Iggy's last EP, which was released before Money. 

Further, I don't think working with successful producers intrinsically makes Iggy, or anyone else, desperate. It makes sense that Iggy would want to work with him, because not only is he successful, but he is an actual hip-hop producer. I don't think a "freestyle version of Humble or Money" would've showcased her talents any better, and I feel that if Iggy thought this production was exactly what she envisioned for this song, then she should keep it. To each their own, though. :tongue:

The Unbannable Chanteuse

Setsuna Trip

Anyone knows if had any audience on radios? Rhytm?

Do you think the music will debut on hot 100?

Setsuna Trip
On 3/15/2019 at 6:21 AM, Opulence said:

Can someone explain the MV to me? Is it a parody of a known story or film or something? I find it a bit weird and distasteful.. a close friend of mine died last year by getting run down by a car, and the shot of it happening at the start and then the dancing at the funeral all seems a bit much

I think it's about a girl who shades iggy, and her message to the girl is: if you come for me, i'll destroy you.

I think it's about Bad Bharbie

Edit: i'm sorry about your lost. And about the scene, is only metaphore.

Yeah, i know... it's hard.

Maybe you shouldn't keep seeing the video if it's so hardcore to you. You could hear the song on spotify, or start the music video after the 1min lenght

On the video the scene is only to be shocking as the reason as nobody expcect this...

Stephen

omg its so bad :saladga: what a shame cuz Kream was great I thought she was onto something...

Setsuna Trip
8 hours ago, Steve Nasty said:

omg its so bad :saladga: what a shame cuz Kream was great I thought she was onto something...

Shame 4 what?

And kream flopped only cause her label didn't give her any support. she's independent now, and is working hard trying conquer something more. 

I'm so proud of her.

And if you want one "better" song of her being successfull, you might support her now, so she can be greater and have another label to supports her on her new stuff

LUO YI

I liked her past work better :selena: but this is growing on me more than I expected. 

The night sky tells all

Dominic

So after 2 days it's grown on me a lot. I do prefer her DRUGS produced stuff more though. I just wish the chorus was a bit better, it's a bit awkward. Still getting my streams though because she deserves to win. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Mars Angel

The lesson of the story is that u gotta b patient and know ur stuff before u jump sistren. R.I.P Sally Walker :tony:

Magneto

A little birdy told me someone from GGD is actually in this amazing video :ally:

Free my mind

Archived