💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Billie Eilish Is THE new GAGA and The FUTURE of music. Why?

Bizcochito

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

I think she's got serious potential and I think her natural, non-sexual image is very refreshing on someone so young, although she is still 17 and as such, has that air of pretentiousness about her because she thinks she knows it all. Most of us were like that at 17 and it's hard to take seriously when you're older and you see people acting in the same way you did. I think people should just wait until they're 18 before trying to make it in the music business, it makes me feel uncomfortable when I see really young people trying to make it and putting forward work that's beyond their years in a way that suggests they've grown up too fast. Taylor Momsen is the only exception I've ever made to this rule because she's that good. Thing is, when you're still growing up, you can easily change what you believe in very quickly, so you can be called fake in a few years when you make an album with your new take on life. A lot of young female stars are like this - they get accused of selling out when they get older and suddenly want to dress girlie and sing about sex. In reality, no one would have had a problem with it if they'd just waited until they were an adult to release music, when their outlook on life was fully formed. It's normal as a teenager to be very anti establishment but then when you reach your mid-20's, you suddenly want to conform a bit more and there's nothing wrong with that. But to your fans who have liked you since way back, they think you've sold out. Not saying Billie will go through that, but it's a very common thing to happen.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Karl said:

Don't get how you can say 2010's Katy, Rihanna, Selena and Ariana weren't forced when it's probably the most label manufactured pop music has been since Britney in the 90's.. If anything nowadays we choose what is popular with Spotify not the labels hence what would usually be less mainstream like Billie is popular.

Whatever Spotify puts in their "Today's top hits"  gets to be mainstream and popular.... look at that new Jonas Brothers song getting shoved into that playlist the minute it got released :koons: 

gabeoz
On 3/14/2019 at 9:55 PM, Morphine Prince said:

I discovered her music in November after sleeping on it for months. 

Biggest regret! 

I stan her so hard, comparable to how hard I stanned Gaga back in 2009. 

Everything she’s done so far is amazing. Hope the album blows me away. 

I DID TOO! Bellyache became one of my favorite songs after my first listen 

Bizcochito
On 3/15/2019 at 4:16 PM, StrawberryBlond said:

I think she's got serious potential and I think her natural, non-sexual image is very refreshing on someone so young, although she is still 17 and as such, has that air of pretentiousness about her because she thinks she knows it all. Most of us were like that at 17 and it's hard to take seriously when you're older and you see people acting in the same way you did. I think people should just wait until they're 18 before trying to make it in the music business, it makes me feel uncomfortable when I see really young people trying to make it and putting forward work that's beyond their years in a way that suggests they've grown up too fast. Taylor Momsen is the only exception I've ever made to this rule because she's that good. Thing is, when you're still growing up, you can easily change what you believe in very quickly, so you can be called fake in a few years when you make an album with your new take on life. A lot of young female stars are like this - they get accused of selling out when they get older and suddenly want to dress girlie and sing about sex. In reality, no one would have had a problem with it if they'd just waited until they were an adult to release music, when their outlook on life was fully formed. It's normal as a teenager to be very anti establishment but then when you reach your mid-20's, you suddenly want to conform a bit more and there's nothing wrong with that. But to your fans who have liked you since way back, they think you've sold out. Not saying Billie will go through that, but it's a very common thing to happen.

I kinda agree with this :sick:

StreamDelicate

she's just another teen Lorde wannabe who makes music for sad girls and sad gay bois

Uniquecorn
On 3/16/2019 at 1:29 AM, littlepotter said:

that's a very ignorant thing to say. 

What is very ignorant with "I still don't understand...."???

I'm sure there are many things you also do not understand. That's why I am asking a question for a better understanding, because I am confused.

You are actually the one being ignorant :triggered:

littlepotter
6 hours ago, Uniquecorn said:

What is very ignorant with "I still don't understand...."???

I'm sure there are many things you also do not understand. That's why I am asking a question for a better understanding, because I am confused.

You are actually the one being ignorant :triggered:

Lmaoooo sis I've frequented the internet long enough to know when a reply smells like a someone backing down and changing the subject and this is it. I see you conveniently left out the part of the sentence that is actually problematic. You were not asking a question, nor were you confused, because what you said was that you don't understand how her sound is considered music. Unless you're an alien who has never been exposed to the concept of music and is trying to figure out what music is as opposed to, say, the sound of a garbage truck, you know full well that she's making music. It was a pathetic insult that has been used by snobs since the last century to discredit any new genres of music they're not used to. The least you could do is own up to it.

chaeri pls

Inferno

I don't hate her or anything but she does literally nothing for me. She looks like instagram and streetwear aesthetics threw up all over her and sounds like Pure Heroine-era Lorde strewn through an FKA Twigs visual filter. Theres zero sense of individualism yet shes marketed and consumed as if shes some budding revolutionary. I don't see/hear it at all. Yet anyway.

ShayCristoforo

I'll only say this once...

Billie is an Artist.  
Lady Gaga is an Artist and a Performer.

Both talented tho.

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

• 1 month later...
Vanderpool

She’s edgy and fresh and new and def an interesting to see for the newer generation. She’s a visual artist like (lady Gaga) so I guess sure comparison.

But I feel like we kinda need to see more growth from her to even see where it goes.

cus Gaga has proven herself in a whole decade.

Gaga is an icon and one of the most outstanding showman, vocalist, performer, and now actress. She basically payed her dues already to be sitting up there with the great divas like Beyoncé, Mariah, Whitney, Barbra and Aretha. You feel me??

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived