Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Billie Eilish Is THE new GAGA and The FUTURE of music. Why?

Bizcochito

Featured Posts

Tom Nook

Stream When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? :vegas:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bizcochito
1 hour ago, He8MyHeart said:

Well if it's between Billie and Ava I choose Billie. I find Ava unoriginal and a little boring, tbh.

1 hour ago, Alan123 said:

I've been listening to the 4 tracks she has released from the debut album all week and I do agree that she's very talented, she's only 17 and released a really great EP last year as well. I hope she wins a Grammy next year or at least gets nominated for Best New Artist. I wouldn't say she's "The new Gaga" because I always hate when they do those comparisons but I hope she gets more recognition.

1 hour ago, Smother Em Eh said:

I agree I mean out of all of the new Artists, she definitely has the it factor to last and really do well. She has that unique edge that I really like. 

She’s more Gaga then Ava is too btw. 

We love TASTE :applause:

ARTPOP2

is she an incredibly talented young promising artist? yes. is she the new gaga? no. is that a bad thing? not at all, she's playing with her own rules and has a somewhat unique sound, it's not fair to compare her to gaga because they are clearly very different, musically, lyrically and aesthetically.

her sound reminds me a lot of Lorde's Pure Heroine. 

her imagery reminds me of Lorde as well, but it's like if Lorde went edgy hot topic teen crazy

FlamboyantPerkyCoyote-max-1mb.gif

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

7 hours ago, Angelina Jolie said:

Listen to Billie's music. You will be stanning in like a week!

I've heard her whole EP, and new singles. But I just can't listen to her anytime. Like, I need to be in a special mood. 

Like what you Sea?

bpmMonkey

I dont know why so many of you are looking so desperate for a „new Gaga“. Gaga isn’t just her music, I stan her so hard because of her message, her authentic self, her goofiness, her artistic and of cours her music. 

I love Billies music but only time will tell if she can stay herself and if there’s more behind her persona. :bye:

Plus, why do I need a next Gaga when I already have THE Lady Gaga? I’d rather see someone new, the moment you’re going to compare an artist with someone who’s already so present, the new one gets just redundant.  

A Hybrid

Idk why y’all are so triggered when someone’d called the new Gaga, artists can be compared to each other :saladga:

No family’s safe when I sashay

TheSlash

Why always say "THE NEW GAGA" . There's only one Gaga, only one Ava Max and only one Billie Eilish. Stop comparing the incomparable :excuseu: 

Ew, David!

off topic but whenever someone posts a spotify link, i get  "something went wrong, please try again later"

why? ;( 

Chickens in Malibu

There won't be a new Gaga and there doesn't need to be a new Gaga.

She's still around doing really well.

You bitches need to stop.

JustAnother

Unless she’s an Italian American whose been singing jazz since she was 13 she’s my not the new Lady Gaga. 

Bolkins

I dont think she will be the next Gaga, but I think she is or will become the next 'anti pop star' which I guess was Gaga's gig back in the day. 

GhettoFabulous

Lady Gaga how? :awkney: Ya’ll need to stop drawing these unnecessary comparisons to these new girls when they’ve got nothing in common with Gaga except that they sing pop songs :awkney: she’s the next Billie Eilish. Like ya’ll do this all the time like ma it’s tired now 

NightStar

I know this may sound biased, for I am very fond of Gaga, but Gaga has become pop phenomenon because of several achievements during her mainstream debut year: 

1. Massive albums sales within her first calendar year (like The Fame went double platinum in 2009) 

2. Massive single sales (both, Just Dance and Poker Face were among the best selling singles of all time by the end of 2009) 

3. Insane radio appeal (all the singles she released in 2009 went No.1 on Pop Songs) 

4. Critical acclaim and awards (she was one of the most nominated acts at 2009 MTV VMA, scored AOTY, ROTY and SOTY nomination for the Grammy award in the end of 2009) 

5. Extraordinary touring (she embarked on The Monster Ball Tour in the end of 2009, the tour that would bring more than $200 m in ticket sales alone). 

I've nothing against Billie Eilish, but it seems to me she can boast of at best massive single sales (2) and critical acclaim (4). She's a long way to go to be called "the new Gaga". Why, in fact there hasn't been that many artists whose debuts have been as bright as Gaga since 2009. I can think of maybe Kendrick and Lorde. 

P.S. Maybe Lana, because her lackluster touring numbers have often been explained by her lack of desire to tour arenas. However, it's worth noticing that the only Lana song that received sustainable airplay was the remix of Summertime Sadness. Apart from that track, radio's not been very fond of her.

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived