Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Thank U, Next - Ariana Grande Megarate Ceremony

corvus albus

Featured Posts

Mirages
1 minute ago, corvus albus said:

We're in for a bumpy ride because the next one was very controversial among you :trollga:

ready to be shook :firega: and drag yall :lana:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Red Velvet
2 minutes ago, Mirages said:

Wrong album bish :triggered:

2 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Wrong album lol

Oops, I thought NTLTC was there. 

Edit: Checked. It was there on the Spotify version of the album.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

corvus albus

10. Needy             7.1 Points

Needy

Commentary

Spoiler

This is like the little sister of ghostin. I feel like the lyrical content is basically the same but less deep. Still a good song though I'm not mad at it and it's def. not a skip.

Probably the most anticipated song since she teased us with this for 42 years. It lives up to the expectations imo and loved the strings in the outro. Reminds me of the Dangerous Woman album. Beautiful and relatable.

I wish the instrumental was less annoying (that repetitive sound that only stops at +- 2:35) and less loud, cause her voice gets lost in it. This song could easily be better.

I especially like the ending, it gives me Disney vibes and I love that!

This is a good example of a song that is repetitive and monotonous that still manages not to be boring. The beat is almost hypnotic. 

A nice song. Reminds me a lot of My Everything album especially Best Mistake, specifically the instrumental and that's whz it has that nostalgic feeling.

Nice lyrics, something I do really appreciate about this album is her personal honesty. However like with a lot of songs on this album, I just find it slightly lacks substance sonically, it sounds like a lot of her music and its lyrics aren't enough to make it special. Still enjoyable though.

freakumdress
Just now, corvus albus said:

10. Needy             7.1 Points

Needy

Commentary

Hide contents

This is like the little sister of ghostin. I feel like the lyrical content is basically the same but less deep. Still a good song though I'm not mad at it and it's def. not a skip.

Probably the most anticipated song since she teased us with this for 42 years. It lives up to the expectations imo and loved the strings in the outro. Reminds me of the Dangerous Woman album. Beautiful and relatable.

I wish the instrumental was less annoying (that repetitive sound that only stops at +- 2:35) and less loud, cause her voice gets lost in it. This song could easily be better.

I especially like the ending, it gives me Disney vibes and I love that!

This is a good example of a song that is repetitive and monotonous that still manages not to be boring. The beat is almost hypnotic. 

A nice song. Reminds me a lot of My Everything album especially Best Mistake, specifically the instrumental and that's whz it has that nostalgic feeling.

Nice lyrics, something I do really appreciate about this album is her personal honesty. However like with a lot of songs on this album, I just find it slightly lacks substance sonically, it sounds like a lot of her music and its lyrics aren't enough to make it special. Still enjoyable though.

you all are tasteless

Mirages

Should have been ms overrated fake smile.mp3 but whateva :triggered:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

FentyGa

ok, I don't disagree with this. I wish it a sadder piano ballad. But Needy above NASA? y'all...

corvus albus

9. Fake Smile                 7.2 Points

Fake Smile

Commentary

Spoiler

The soul sample is beautiful and these lyrics are stunning. She's done very well to make a bop that one can dance to but still really feel her sorrow. This is really the sort of song that both Ariana and the listener can own their sadness to. The production is very well done and it's definitely one of her best vocal performances on the album. 

his is probably isn't gonna be the most popular sing according to GGD but after my recent breakup the lyrics just resonated with me and I love this song.

I gotta admit, not really a fan of this one. The lyrics are great but I just don't like the melodies, especially that rap-sung bridge. Screams filler to me.

It doesn't do it for me. It's nice when it comes on shuffle but I don't feel like searching it on my own.

I really like the lyrics and overall ‘jazzy’ sound used.

I really like this song, but that chorus was a choice. Really underwhelming. 

A song I had claimed. And although it  perhaps may not be my favorite it gave me everything I wanted and more. The sample of After Laughter was genius and so fitting. The lyrics are so honest. Trough the Sweetener era and the Pre-tun era watching her in interviews and  social media it always surprised me how strong and almost fine she seemed. And I appreciate her so much for being brave enough to tell us the story from this perspective. It's also very relatable and I think everyone can apply these lyrics to their life.

The intro isn't necessary... and overall it's a little lame to me. The lyrics are nice. 

so underrated

corvus albus
1 minute ago, Mirages said:

Should have been ms overrated fake smile.mp3 but whateva :triggered:

Look who's next :teehee:

Archived