💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Gaga keep working with songwriters?

Defmix100

Featured Posts

Defmix100

Heal Me, Perfect Illusion and Shallow come to mind. The last 2 she always talked about the writers involved even though she's had help from writers in nearly every song of her career so I'm assuming the 3 songs I mentioned had a higher percentage written by the other people vs the amount people usually write in her songs.

For LG6 do you want her to have songs written by her and others or songs where she can say she writes all her own music?

To me Heal Me and Perfect Illusion are great and I love the sound but the lyrics feel kind of empty and have less meaning than some of her others but she was obviously happy enough with them herself

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

I would love to have an album with at least a couple of songs she wrote on her own. It's kind of becoming ridiculous to hear her say "I write my own stuff, I sit by my piano and write my music" when we know that's not how she works 90% of the time :smh:

I got very excited when she made that 2014 comment about how for ARTPOP she couldn't write at the piano but now she would do that again, but it seems like... that didn't happen for Joanne, at least not the majority of songs. I get that's difficult for pop music anyway but I'm kind of done with her making pop songs in general so if she wants to deliver a whole album of soul, rock,... whatever kind of stuff she can do on her own I'd be so hear for it.

But yeah, expecting another album full of co-writing credits tbh :madge:

#WeWantSongwriterGa

Didymus

That said, I do understand she finds it stimulating and more meaningful to write songs with other people :oprah: But after five (sort of six if you count ASIB) albums like that I do think it's time for her to start releasing actual solo work.

We all know she's talented enough, I wonder why she apparently doesn't seem to think so (or it's Interscope interfering again, setting her up with songwriters and producers whether she wants it or not of course, which would be equally disappointing).

Gagadonna

I’ve always been here for her to work with other artists and that includes songwriters. Her best music in years comes from collaboration with other writers: Perfect Illusion, Shallow, Million Reasons (!). My three favourite songs of hers. So yeah, I’m here for it 

Mirages
13 minutes ago, Didymus said:

"I write my own stuff, I sit by my piano and write my music" when we know that's not how she works 90% of the time :smh:

Did you see the cue sheets to every of her song? :triggered: Just because she works with someone doesn't mean she didn't write majority of the song.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Didymus
4 minutes ago, Mirages said:

Did you see the cue sheets to every of her song? :triggered: Just because she works with someone doesn't mean she didn't write majority of the song.

I was talking about her writing her songs on the piano from the bottom-up. By now it's clear that what she actually does is rely on pre-fabricated producer instrumentals (which she usually alters a little bit) upon which she constructs her own melodies.

That's not how she presents her own songwriting process :sweat: That's all I wanted to point out.

Edit: There are exceptions of course. But throughout her career that has been her standard process.

Gagadonna

I’ve always been here for her to work with other artists and that includes songwriters. Her best music in years comes from collaboration with other writers: Perfect Illusion, Shallow, Million Reasons (!). My three favourite songs of hers. So yeah, I’m here for it 

Mirages
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I was talking about her writing her songs on the piano from the bottom-up. By now it's clear that what she actually does is rely on pre-fabricated producer instrumentals (which she usually alters a little bit) upon which she constructs her own melodies.

That's not how she presents her own songwriting process :sweat: That's all I wanted to point out.

Edit: There are exceptions of course. But throughout her career that has been her standard process.

I think it really depends on the song. She did this for ARTPOP and some BTW songs (GH, MTN) I don't think she did that with Joanne though (max PI but that was a little messy) and it certainly isn't true for ASIB. 

FfFfFfFF

I don't understand this question. :huh: From TF to ASIB except some songs and C2C every one of her songs has her as a main writer + other writers. You can see it on wikipedia or on her albums credits. Writting songs with other people is nothing new for her at all and Perfect Illusion and Heal Me are not her first songs created this way.

Didymus
11 minutes ago, Mirages said:

I think it really depends on the song. She did this for ARTPOP and some BTW songs (GH, MTN) I don't think she did that with Joanne though (max PI but that was a little messy) and it certainly isn't true for ASIB.  

I don't believe she wrote Dancin' in Circles and John Wayne at a piano. We also know she simply took John Misty's composition as one of the songs. That's four out of eleven songs she did not (co-)write from the bottom-up (incl. PI). That's a lot for someone who can easily write her songs on her own without any help whatsoever :shrug:

Like I said before, it's unreasonable to think she should have written DIC and JW on a piano but that's forever the downside of electronic pop music. It forces Gaga to stop relying on her strength, which is sitting at a piano and writings songs, and that frustrates me sometimes, that's all, I'm not putting her down at all. In fact, it's a compliment if you think about it :nick:

Defmix100
5 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I don't understand this question. :huh: From TF to ASIB except some songs and C2C every one of her songs has her as a main writer + other writers. You can see it on wikipedia or on her albums credits. Writting songs with other people is nothing new for her at all and Perfect Illusion and Heal Me are not her first songs created this way.

so my question is do you want her to go in the direction of Heal Me and PI or her older direction? I saw the Heal Me vs The Cure thread and that is basically asking the same in a sense

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, Defmix100 said:

so my question is do you want her to go in the direction of Heal Me and PI or her older direction? I saw the Heal Me vs The Cure thread and that is basically asking the same in a sense

Well she is still the main writter on Shallow and Heal Me so the other songwriters input wasn't higher than usual. Perfect Illusion was mainly Kevin though.

My opinion is: The totally unprocessed vocals on PI don't do the the sound justice, all Tame Inpala songs have very distorted vocals to go along with the psychedelic sound so I either want her to do produce a new song in this manner or not at all . Heal Me is too R&B and current for my liking. I love the song but I don't want her to explore this sound more. Shallow on the other hand is timeless. I hope she will do more rock/ folk/ pop power ballads in the future.

Defmix100
36 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Well she is still the main writter on Shallow and Heal Me so the other songwriters input wasn't higher than usual. Perfect Illusion was mainly Kevin though.

My opinion is: The totally unprocessed vocals on PI don't do the the sound justice, all Tame Inpala songs have very distorted vocals to go along with the psychedelic sound so I either want her to do produce a new song in this manner or not at all . Heal Me is too R&B and current for my liking. I love the song but I don't want her to explore this sound more. Shallow on the other hand is timeless. I hope she will do more rock/ folk/ pop power ballads in the future.

Come to Mama is probably the main one I forgot to mention, can't remember how many lyrics she was responsible for but it can't be many.

Totally agree about PI, I love the leaked demo snippet with that psychedelic smooth vocal sound and it would have worked better as a lead single I think if it was more in line with that version. I love Heal Me vocally, rare to hear so much head voice from her especially a chorus but Shallow felt very much like the next step in her career after Joanne, when the first ASIB trailer came out it was the best way to sample a song and got so many excited

Mirages
9 hours ago, Didymus said:

I don't believe she wrote Dancin' in Circles and John Wayne at a piano. We also know she simply took John Misty's composition as one of the songs. That's four out of eleven songs she did not (co-)write from the bottom-up (incl. PI). That's a lot for someone who can easily write her songs on her own without any help whatsoever :shrug:

Like I said before, it's unreasonable to think she should have written DIC and JW on a piano but that's forever the downside of electronic pop music. It forces Gaga to stop relying on her strength, which is sitting at a piano and writings songs, and that frustrates me sometimes, that's all, I'm not putting her down at all. In fact, it's a compliment if you think about it :nick:

Its funny cause all of those songs come to me as the weakest from the whole album, whether she took the melodies from somewhere or it was DIC situation.

Glamourpuss

She needs to work with less song writers and stay away from Father John Misty. I don't mind if they have something to add but when the majority of the song is theirs then it really puts me off. 

One of the reasons I became a fan is because I believed her when she said she wrote everything herself. Now it feels like bs when she says it. 

Archived