💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Did Everyone Jump To Kesha's Aid But Not

Yuuri

Featured Posts

Yuuri

the kids that MJ allegedly abused? You can argue that they're only doing it for money, but you can also argue that Kesha only wanted out of her contract. 

River

Because Luke didn't want to release her from the contract and made her life a living hell, he used his power to abuse her..

In some sense, one case is with 2 living people, the other is with one dead person.. so the perspective is pretty much different..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

RAMROD

Have Kesha going on and off about it? Cos these kids did. They came from accusing MJ, then said their parents made them do it, and then back to their first statement now when MJ is long dead and cannot defense himself, :shrug:

Have Luke got clearance by FBI that he is innocent, cos MJ certainly did :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

AgusPop

Because Kesha  didn't want millions of dollars in return and she did not contradict herself multiple  times.

And one of the "accusers" came out with this story when he couldnt have a contract in the Cirque du soleil MJ show.

they are not believable

robboadam
4 minutes ago, River said:

Because Luke didn't want to release her from the contract and made her life a living hell, he used his power to abuse her..

In some sense, one case is with 2 living people, the other is with one dead person.. so the perspective is pretty much different..

That’s literally just what MJ did to those kids though. And it doesn’t matter when it was done - abuse is abuse. Jimmy Saville was long dead before his crimes became public.

Didymus

Well, in all fairness, people are/were pretty divided in both cases. It's not like everyone even on this forum supported Kesha (I myself was someone who was quite critical and did not 100% believe Kesha was telling the truth), let alone the world.

In the case of Leaving Neverland though, the majority of people are at least very shaken in their belief in Michael's innocence, and there is a large portion of viewers who believe Michael is actually guilty and Wade and James are telling the truth. The running cliché is actually that only the MJ fans are the ones still pretending Michael is innocent.

So I wouldn't go so far as to say that "everyone" is defending Michael. Far from it.

DeleteMyAccount

"You can argue that they're only doing it for money,"

That's not what people are saying about the alleged MJ victims. Some, but it's not the most important question.

Regina George

Luke was abusing his power and was clearly doing it just to hurt her career. It was obvious that he’s doing stuff just to cover it up and to silence her. Michael never abused his power in this kind of situation in a way to harm or do something to the accusers except for defending himself. ALSO Kesha stayed by what she said and never changed or claimed that he didn’t do anything to her - also - Majority of people who worked with Luke said he’s a bad person and that he abuses his power (and majority of people who personally know MJ and who worked with him said that he is one of the most kind people they ever met). 

monster4life231

The two accusers of MJ have major credibility issues that cause a lot of MJ fans, like myself, to not believe them.

Personally, I don't have an opinion on the Kesha case because I don't know enough about it, so I can't make a judgement.

spread peace - #MJInnocent

joannesrats

The difference is how the victims are acting. In MJ's case, the children said their parents made them say things under oath and the FBI acquitted MJ of all charges. As other members have said, they only go back on that when they have an opportunity to be paid to be in a documentary and MJ can't even defend himself. The fact that they are doing this is honestly really upsetting to me, and a larger part of the pop music community. Kesha hasn't contradicted herself, Luke can defend himself, and he instead of just parting ways with her, Luke kept her under Sony, as did Sony, to the point where she couldn't even put out new music. Two very different scenarios. 

Admin
1 minute ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

Kesha hasn't contradicted herself

Just FYI, she said this under oath: 

DelusionalGaga

It has everything to do with fan culture. Kesha is a beloved popstar with a lot of fans while Dr Luke is a shady figure in the background with nobody to defend him. In the MJ case the dynamics are reversed. The abuser is a well-known, adored superstar while his victims or accusers are unknown and have less people in their corner. People are more likely to believe someone who they (believe to) know and love. It's basically an instinct. 

If someone in your private life (family member, friend, bf, gf) told you they got abused by somebody, you'd likely believe them regardless of whether they presented you a ton of evidence or not. Most people would be disgusted and enraged by the thought of somebody abusing a child but still have their stan goggles on when it comes to MJ. 

AgusPop
3 minutes ago, Admin said:

Just FYI, she said this under oath: 

I said multiple times under oath and not under oath

misunderstood
3 minutes ago, DelusionalGaga said:

It has everything to do with fan culture. Kesha is a beloved popstar with a lot of fans while Dr Luke is a shady figure in the background with nobody to defend him. In the MJ case the dynamics are reversed. The abuser is a well-known, adored superstar while his victims or accusers are unknown and have less people in their corner. People are more likely to believe someone who they (believe to) know and love. It's basically an instinct. 

If someone in your private life (family member, friend, bf, gf) told you they got abused by somebody, you'd likely believe them regardless of whether they presented you a ton of evidence or not. Most people would be disgusted and enraged by the thought of somebody abusing a child but still have their stan goggles on when it comes to MJ. 

Everyday I'm so thankful I don't have this mentality of "I was there".

You people gotta stop :air:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Archived