Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Slate: "Michael Jackson defenders are starting to sound like flat-earthers"

Dilwyn

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Chop said:

Tbh his music should be banned from youtube, spotify, etc.

No f-ckin way. His music still delivered beautiful messages that deserve listening to

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JevyDuty
14 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

Lol what...

I'm originally from France and I study law in the U.S and I have never heard of this lol...

Actually presumption of innocence is taken even more seriously in France. For instance there is no such thing as public mugshots because it would violate the presumption of innocence of that person when you take public pictures of them while being arrested/processed. Even when arrests take place, the face of the person being arrested is usually hidden if there are many cameras in the scene etc...

And presumption of innocence principle goes all the way back to roman law. It's not an american invention. 

The only notable difference between the U.S and France is that the U.S uses Common Law like the U.K while France uses Civil Law. And that's more of a technical aspect, meaning that France relies more on codified statutes whereas the U.S relies more on established case law and precedents.

Aside from that difference, the french and the american judicial systems are pretty similar.

Honestly, not the point. He wasn't proven guilty here nor in France. 

Guillaume Hamon
7 minutes ago, JevyDuty said:

I'm just saying. In France the accused has to prove their innocence. In the USA, the accuser has to prove your guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

Maybe you repeat something you heard but that's not true sorry. :/ I wouldn't be surprised cause there is a lot of false rumors about France. Many people like to talk crap about this country for some reasons lol so maybe you heard someone like that.

I'm french and many accused people can't "prove their innocence" yet are not condemned cause there was no proof the accusations were true. Many trials are "classé sans suite/ shelved" because of it.

Chickens in Malibu

Either way, who cares about these bloggers.

I've seen some exceptional restraint from larger news organization. For instance CNN reported briefly on the matter and reminded the audience that Wade testified under oath twice in defense of Michael Jackson as an adult.

I think that's all they need to do. Most people when they hear that, they will scrutinize the claims and find the truth for themselves.

What I have a problem with is the authoritarian mentality that someone should be banned because of allegations that weren't proven in court or anything. These reporters would love for the court of public opinion to take over the court of law because they can influence it easier.

2 hours ago, Deku said:

He definitely did some creepy and inappropriate stuff with kids, but there isn't any conclusive evidence that he did anything sexual, other than witness testimony which is notoriously unreliable.

I'm not trying to defend him, I have no opinion on his guilt because I don't think we have enough information. Just playing devil's advocate. 

There you have it. Even you believe it. Lmfao!

Regina George
2 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Except there is literally a mountain of evidence against what MJ defenders believe.

None of which are valid enough for us to be 100% sure he did it. There are also mountain of evidence against his accusers that prove they are lying but AGAIN not enough for us to be 100% sure that they are lying. The thing is you and every other person who thinks that he’s guilty literally bully us (who are on MJ’s side) and want us so bad to be against him. Believe in what you want, I respect you and I think you are a brilliant GGD user but let us believe in what we want just like you can believe in what you want without 100% being sure. 

EDIT: Also to @OG Gaga Stan I’d very much like to hear your argumentation and not only get those “sad” and “lmao” reactions like I usually get from you (and I think you are abusing them which is against GGD rules). It can come of as extremely rude and extremely bitter. Or are you going to say that this is “another mistake”?

Regina George
10 minutes ago, Evolve said:

There you have it. Even you believe it. Lmfao!

Doing “creepy stuff” doesn’t mean you are having sex with them and forcing them to do anything. Playing with unrelated children when you are 50 is considered “creepy” but that doesn’t mean that that person is doing ANYTHING illegal. 

Regina George
33 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

What else can you expect from rape and pedophilia apologists?

You are calling me and everyone else who doesn’t think he did it “rape and pedophilia apologist”. Do you even know what that means? We would be “rape and pedophilia apologists” if we said stuff like “it’s okay to have sex with children, he did it because he is mentally unstable” etc. We are not saying that because we don’t think he did that. So don’t confuse those terms. The day you see me protecting someone like R Kelly who literally has a video of him having sex with underage girl and saying that it’s okay - you can freely use that term. For now - just don’t. Thank you.

Jeroen Bloeming
2 hours ago, Chop said:

Lmao no. Wtf

2 hours ago, Chop said:

No one’s forcing anyone to listen to it. 

Othon
25 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

EDIT: Also to @OG Gaga Stan I’d very much like to hear your argumentation and not only get those “sad” and “lmao” reactions like I usually get from you (and I think you are abusing them which is against GGD rules). It can come of as extremely rude and extremely bitter. Or are you going to say that this is “another mistake”?

"Argumentation"

Are you trying to speak to a manager because I gave you a sad reaction? You realize you're on a Lady Gaga forum, right? Chill out.

freebit

I truly hope his ardent defenders never have kids. The amount of people turning blind eye and with the crux of their arguments being "he was just a little creepy, that's all!" is disturbing.

I know Billie Jean was bop, but this is too much, people have got to let him go. They Don't Care About Us has a timeless message, I'm sure he donated to some charities, but that doesn't excuse anything

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, freebit said:

I truly hope his ardent defenders never have kids. The amount of people turning blind eye and with the crux of their arguments being "he was just a little creepy, that's all!" is disturbing.

I know Billie Jean was bop, but this is too much, people have got to let him go. They Don't Care About Us has a timeless message, I'm sure he donated to some charities, but that doesn't excuse anything

I certainly don't 👌

I am my nephew's favourite uncle tho :gaycat: 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Regina George
31 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

"Argumentation"

Are you trying to speak to a manager because I gave you a sad reaction? You realize you're on a Lady Gaga forum, right? Chill out.

Yes I’m on a Lady Gaga forum where rules are playing a big part and abusing reactions (like you do) is not allowed. I was ignoring it at first but now it’s just annoying and kinda childish. I’m pretty relaxed and I can’t say the same about you. I’d be happy to hear you out and to help you if you feel frustrated because of something. :heart: love 

Archived