Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Kali Uchis - Isolation | MEGARATE | It's All Over, Rover

Guest Blue Madonna

Featured Posts

Guest Blue Madonna

🌺 Welcome everybody, to the GagaDaily 'Isolation' Megarate! 🌺

kali-header.png

In this game, we will be rating Kali Uchis' critically acclaimed 2018 album 'Isolation'.

Isolation is the debut album of genre-hopping Kali Uchis, released on April 6 2018. It debuted and peaked at #32 on the Billboard 200 Albums Chart, but it went on to become one of the most critically acclaimed albums of the year :tony: Isolation boasts production from Damon Albarn of Gorillaz, Greg Kurstin, Kevin Parker of Tame Impala (worked on Joanne!!) and more :wtfga:  Isolation includes collaborations with many other talented artists, including rapper Tyler, The Creator, R&B powerhouse Jorja Smith, legendary Parliament Funkadelic member Bootsy Collins, The Internet's Steve Lacy, rapper BIA, and more :chica:

It flawlessly blends R&B, neo-soul, reggaeton (but it's no Luis Fonsi type BS), hip-hop, funk and many more sub-genres to create a very unique sound which has never been previously produced :diane: The critics adored it, and it appeared high on the year-end favourites of publications including Rolling Stone, Pitchfork, Billboard, The Guardian, Stereogum, Spin, among others :staymad: Isolation received an average score of 87 on Metacritic (higher than all of Gaga's albums :O), an amazing feat!! 

I discovered her because she was opening for Lana Del Rey's 'LA To The Moon' world tour, and while I didn't attend :nooo:, I then knew her name and gave her mixtape Por Vida a go. I liked it but it didn't really click, it wasn't until her single After The Storm (the third and final off Isolation) was released. I loved it, and I found out she was releasing an album :excited2: When it finally came out, I was in love. (And that's her in my avi btw! :flutter:)  

It is my favourite album released in 2018, and I know there are a few other members here who really enjoyed the album, so I thought it would be fun (and more manageable than Lust For Life :sweat:) to give this album a megarate!! :firega: 

Isolation  clocks in at 15 tracks.

71i5lxJZn3L._SY355_.jpg5ad302870e93f30e50db9c99_genwgWG.jpg

🌺 GUIDELINES 🌺

1). Rate each track from 1 to 10. Fractions are encouraged to lessen the chances of ties :deadbanana: And, you may give one track an 11 to show how much you love it! :gayhat:

2). Comments (in your submissions) aren't required but are highly encouraged! :flower:

3). The deadline for voting is March 30, 2019, three weeks from now :lolly:

4). Send your rates to me ( @Blue Madonna ) via PMs. Please don't post them in the thread! :gaycat:

5). Don't troll :lolga: If you didn't enjoy the album at all and/or your rates have an abnormal number of low scores, I will discard your scores :nails:

6). Most importantly, have fun! :tony:

🌺 TRACKLIST 🌺

Spoiler

1. Body Language (intro)

2. Miami (feat. BIA)

3. Just A Stranger (feat. Steve Lacy)

4. Flight 22

5. Your Teeth In My Neck

6. Tyrant (feat. Jorja Smith)

7. Dead To Me

8. Nuestro Planeta (feat. Reykon)

9. In My Dreams

10. Gotta Get Up (interlude)

11. Tomorrow

12. Coming Home (interlude)

13. After The Storm (feat. Tyler, The Creator, Bootsy Collins)

14. Feel Like A Fool

15. Killer

🌺 TAGLIST 🌺

Spoiler

Tags from the Lust For Life Megarate:

@Luv u Sum @huttont @GypsyVida @Gardevoir @Lonely Lolita @Rumours1977 @ARTPOP2 @sethrb101 @Amphetamine @Widows Kiss @Lanadelduck @Punktious @FentyGa @Gam @HausOfHarlow @Trepadation @swakby @LyGaga @Andreu @Mirrion Rizzons @AJK273 @Thoth @hausofcy @bornthisway51 @crisjackd @Phoebe Buffay @Oriane @PerfectGUY @therokinrolla @Amidana @Just A Holy Fool @Suspiria @FfFfFfFF @Jae Eris @teawhore @tomsches @corvus albus @PlastiscGuy @Sam98 @Helxig @Bayonetta @Kween @FFXSoul91 @loathereality @littlepotter @TeenIdle @Silvestro Devacelli @HosedDownGypsy @hellothing @Grigio Boy @SFDMQ @halcyonpop @The Bling @Poissonche @brucee @NNES @KinneyUnderYou @Varys

Other people who might be interested: (sorry, I'm almost certain I tagged some people multiple times by accident :icega:)

@GagaInTheZone @FinnishGypsy @LADYGAGASHOOCK @GypsyBabe @Arcanum @fallen042 @StarlightSeiya @cosmicluvrr @klaus @Creyk @Buddy @Jacob Crosson @GhettoFabulous @ClarenceCross @JustHMLover @AM98GJ @Girrr @SCHEISSEMONTRE @ZiggyZiggs@The Louvre @Blake @Bradley @DutchHooker @hausofbrice @Yes To Heaven @highbythebeach @heda97 @Kylie Jenner @He8MyHeart @FrozenKookie @LustForLife @Poissonche @thierryrreiht @Hybrid Rose @Kiel Gyllenhaal @Jed Mayo @River @NCgaga @swakby @JaneTheC @The Surrealist @Thoth @EvilRegal @NIghtmareElm @Gardevoir @Wolf Boy @MaryJaneHolland @TropicOfCANCER @aaron l @Amidana @FlopSlurper @Grigio Boy @Jayzer @Kween @Mirrion Rizzons @Noah @TheWitness @Decodekid @slayo @Moebius @LostSpark @HIMER0S @SinnersVenus @Ugly Boy @Illuminati @joannester @huttont @PerfectGUY @Creyk @Trepadation @London GUY @Peto@Bio @Nirvana @BLACKOUTbritney @Radio Ga Ga @Gia Gunn @ReRe @Saint Hollywood  @FREAK @Lona Delery @Anveeroy @ItsTommyBitch @Vodka @sipthistea @Maleficent @hunty @monsterdino  @juju @DelusionalGaga @Johnny Wayne @Florian @FfFfFfFF @crisjackd @Glittertinks @Dutch @NNES @loathereality @surejan @hausofcy @Bloody Grammys @Flooo @benKo @Bellatrix @Interstellar @TheAlpha @blackstar @Maic @DeluluSwine @Rafr88 @Aleks @datlastfam  @Oriane  @PerfectCure @calmar @sethrb101 @andrew23 @Woohoo @That J @StarryNight @PerfectGUY @Smother Em Eh @ARTPOPSTER @Modern Ecstacy @highongaga @datlastfam @Punktious @lucca @ARPiT @Sherlock112 @DaftFameMonster @Jeroen Bloeming @radioactive @AlexKing4 @PrincessVenus @raginchristians @warholagaga @Marges9  @AlejandroooO @HorusRa2 @Lana Del Gay 

I know there's been a lot of rates and games recently, I hope you're not being flooded with tags. Sorry if this is annoying, just let me know if you wish to be removed from future megarate taglists :heart:

If you want to participate, just comment below!! Anyone is welcome to play, sorry if I missed you in the taglist. You can send in your rates now if you want :hug:

Let the mess begin!! :vegas:

giphy.gif

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TeenIdle

I think I've heard it once. Can't remember anything. I might give it another listen :vegas:

loathereality

me logging in to my spotify

edit. im sorry i am not enjoying the album atm, might just skip this one

DelusionalGaga

I was a big fan of it last year so I definitely want to take part in this :flower:

15 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Not all the GV people here. Didn't she slay with a song in GV? :oprah:

Yep!! Tyrant feat. Jorja Smith :chica:

3 minutes ago, Silvestro Devacelli said:

Omg I didn’t really like the album idk if ill participate:confused::heart:

That's okay. Thank you for considering it anyways :hug:

badgirlmeat
35 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

It debuted and peaked at #32 on the Billboard 200

omg what is this homophobia :air:

i thought it debuted in the top 15 at least :air:

🤠

CinnamonGirl

never listened to it (or her at all from that matter) but OT really made me want to ! so i might participate ! 

➰➰➰

12 minutes ago, badgirlmeat said:

omg what is this homophobia :air:

i thought it debuted in the top 15 at least :air:

I know right!! But I think this album has made her a lot more popular, so her second album (which she says might come out this year!!) might do better.

10 minutes ago, freakumdress said:

I love this album!! Reminds me so much of last summer. I wanna join:pole:

Yay I'm glad!! Please do!! :pole:

10 minutes ago, LyGaga said:

never listened to it (or her at all from that matter) but OT really made me want to ! so i might participate ! 

Thanks!! Hope you enjoy :kiss:

Archived