💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne should have been bolder

Featured Posts

brucee

guys this is even too short to judge. 

this work belongs to history. Maybe Joanne will be remembered as a turnover in her music ? (this is obviously just my vision). Maybe it's like her BedTimeStory (a more polished image, after Erotica), then comes a movie, then a Ray of Light so... /..... :ohwell:

( I just made this connection in a very naive way ok?)

If you, personally, do not have any song of Joanne in your playlist it's ok. (I honestly have some of those songs that I really still love to hear sometimes just like good wine)

the best is only yet to come. 

remember it's music, not bling. 

hello hello baby.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, giskardsb said:

Well given Jw is one of my fav songs off Joanne I’m glad it’s there.   And DIC is a fan favorite.  I think Joanne is plenty cohesive but with enough variety to make it interesting.

It's only cohesive based on gaga's loose definition where anything fits if you try hard enough.

And it's not just the songs-- even the tracklist is a bit odd. Joanne in between A-Yo and John Wayne? Where is the transition? An album can be truly cohesive not just by its tracks but how they flow as well. ARTPOP succeeded in this one though.

At this point in her career, she should not be limiting herself to "plenty cohesive" and "enough variety." It's a nice album, but we've seen better.

2 hours ago, giskardsb said:

Critiquing Joanne for lack of cohesiveness just rings hollow for me.Â ï»ż

:coffee: 

giskardsb
1 hour ago, Wolf said:

It's only cohesive based on gaga's loose definition where anything fits if you try hard enough.

And it's not just the songs-- even the tracklist is a bit odd. Joanne in between A-Yo and John Wayne? Where is the transition? An album can be truly cohesive not just by its tracks but how they flow as well. ARTPOP succeeded in this one though.

At this point in her career, she should not be limiting herself to "plenty cohesive" and "enough variety." It's a nice album, but we've seen better.

:coffee: 

Gaga wasn’t  Queensryche making Operation Mindcrime or Pink Floyd making the Wall lol. 

GABEL
On 3/13/2019 at 10:32 PM, MonsterOfSpain said:

So ARTPOP was a "big flop" and Joanne was a "very smart move" which clearly regained her popularity when it was much less successful literally everywhere in the world... I ... have to laugh

In what world ARTPOP was not a big flop:toofunny:

Don't get me wrong AP is my favourite album but literally everything after Applause is a big mess, meanwhile  Joanne has more longevity on BB200 and MR had become her most streamed song until shallow.

If you only want to compare these two albums ARTPOP clearly is more  commercially successful worldwide but you can't deny it's a downfall in her career, since then she lost her power in social media, sales and even her tour suffered a little

Joanne era is clearly more coherent and more successful(with the help of Superbowl),  people accept her new image and her new style, even if it only has one hit it still did better than ARTPOP when it comes to its impact to her career and made a good transition to ASIB era

But it's just my opinion, it's okay if you disagree tho:oops:

GABEL

One more thing, I think she already delivered a very personal album and that is ARTPOP, but for such a big star evidently no one can truly relate to her personal world and her struggles.

Joanne, however, creat a false impression of her personal life.I'm sure it's still very personal at some level and show a different aspect of her life with songs like sinner's prayer or Just another day, but in my personal opinion she attempted to control what she wants us to see and only show things that she thought everybody would be interested ,the lyrics are more blunt with simple productions, she created an album that most people can relate by hiding her struggles and things that will never be understood  by most people, in fact I think she's more distant than ever during Joanne era.

Just like ASIB, it's an extraordinary album for sure, everybody loves it and thinks that's  her being sincere, but we all know it's only for the movie and probably her least personal record to date, those songs can be sung by every good singer in the world and it would still be good

Archived