Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne should have been bolder

Featured Posts

dynamite
7 hours ago, Bloody Grammys said:

But there are some tracks that are just too empty like Perfect Illusion or Diamond Heart.

um escuse me, typos? :neyde:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Diamond heart99
1 hour ago, Sanne Godijn said:

I know but asib is a soundtrack the songs are made to fit in the story not too please her fans

I disagree. There is no way someone as deep as Gaga can compartmentalize that much.

Besides Anthony said they wrote Shallow when they were both going through breakups.

Shallow has a lot of Taylor in it.

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

Sanne Godijn
18 minutes ago, Ktaylor99 said:

I disagree. There is no way someone as deep as Gaga can compartmentalize that much.

Besides Anthony said they wrote Shallow when they were both going through breakups.

Shallow has a lot of Taylor in it.

I wasnt talking about shallow

Gonzi

It might not be everyone's favorite but Joanne was the perfect transition album coming from ARTPOP/C2C and specially with A Star is Born coming right after. The world wasn't really ready for a bolder Gaga album back then. And even if the album was pop excellence, it probably wouldn't have got the attention and success it can potentially get now, with the GB back on her side.

ChromeAngel

Honestly I’m tired of little chartsters thinking they can do what Gaga does but better. Go make it then! Start producing some number ones. No artist will EVER be perfect. But so far Gaga has come about as close as any of us could ever hope. 

Lucas
9 hours ago, Doncho said:

I think she really didnt know what to do with the album. It is "personal" but it also has songs like Perfect Illusion and Dancin in Circles (wich I love) that doesnt fit with the personal stuff.

Perfect Illusion about fake love, can be about her team that gave up on her during ARTPOP era, about Taylor Kinney, about the GP turning their back on her...
Dancin In Circles about her body pain & masturbation, that's pretty personal too 

Doncho
20 minutes ago, GagaInTheZone said:

Perfect Illusion about fake love, can be about her team that gave up on her during ARTPOP era, about Taylor Kinney, about the GP turning their back on her...
Dancin In Circles about her body pain & masturbation, that's pretty personal too 

Ummm what? :awkney: Cant see that tbh.

And Perfect Illusion is about social media and Instagram like Gaga explained herself

giskardsb
24 minutes ago, GagaInTheZone said:

DIC is about loneliness and wanting someone to be with you I think.   Either way, It's a very personal song but many people on GGD seem to not be able to get past the surface level "masturbation" theme.

bluemonkey
2 hours ago, Gonzi said:

It might not be everyone's favorite but Joanne was the perfect transition album coming from ARTPOP/C2C and specially with A Star is Born coming right after. The world wasn't really ready for a bolder Gaga album back then. And even if the album was pop excellence, it probably wouldn't have got the attention and success it can potentially get now, with the GB back on her side.

Honestly I kinda see it as that more than a personal self expression. She wanted to be taken more seriously as an artist and strip the “weirdness” off cuz before then all her eras has always had this “schtick” like the fame she was this Warhol esque performance artists, then she was a monster, then born this way it was like glam rock and then she became a literal piece of art with ARTPOP. Like it’s always some gimmick and a I think with Joann it was made to remind the public like “hey guys, I’m more than just a girl that wore a meat dress”. I don’t think it’s that personal (and what makes you think her other songs aren’t? Speechless was about her dads drinking problem, paper gangsta was about when def jams dropped her before she became famous) she just needed a huge image overhaul and I am fine with that. She needed to grow.

A Hybrid
6 hours ago, Bloody Grammys said:

I have to laugh too.

No one cares about pop tracks on ASIB that's first.

And second, MR is bold because it is unsafe. It is surprising and unprecedented for a pop girl. DH and PI are just there, no one will remember them when she is gone. No one even remembers them now :fan:

Can you explain what about Million Reasons is unexpexted except for the 1672837372 performances it needed to be a “hit”?

No family’s safe when I sashay

TMM90
13 hours ago, Nuggets said:

Exactly, monsters. The GP didn't know about her talent until she realeased C2C/Joanne, cause they weren't distracted by her outfits and crazy persona. I may not be a fan of the album but i like to give credit where credit is due :hor:

I disagree. She showcased her talent more than enough during the first four era’s. The GP already acknowledged her talent time after time, again and again.

c2c/Joanne made the GP aware of her diversity. And lets not forget that her personality also kept and pulled fans not only in the past but also in recent years.

How the **** is Younger Now the result of Joanne and Man of the Wood a rip-off?? You really need to lay off the Gaga juice that you’re sipping on and stop giving Gaga credit for other people’s work. I love how to prove your point about her album’s success you have to compare it with all the other artists’ works. 

funkmedowntown

I feel like the songs people are criticizing like John Wayne and DIC were literally a throwback to her previous eras. To me Dancing In Circles belongs on the Fame Monster and John Wayne on The Fame or Born This Way. 

Little Mons✟er

Andrea B

oh god, a lot of people don't really understand the album and the lyrics of it... Joanne was a very personal album and she nailed it.

My favorite lyrics and tracks are Sinner's prayers, diamond heart, Million reasons, and even Grigio girls, I don't like the song that much but I like the message, it makes me cry everything I listen to it.

Joanne was also the first album from her that made me cry, she used to write about the applause, drugs, her fans, the fame, etc and I love that but I can't relate to that cause I'm not a famous person. Joanne is her most relatable album and I think is her best project because of that  

Archived