Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

MJ's sales, streaming and airplay on decline

Runway

Featured Posts

Runway

HBO's new documentary Leaving Neverland, which chronicles allegations of sexual abuse by Michael Jackson, led to a dip in sales, streaming and airplay for his catalog of music in the U.S., according to initial reports Nielsen Music.

Jackson’s combined album and song sales -- including his work with the Jackson 5and The Jacksons -- dipped 4 percent in the shadow of the Neverland premiere. His combined sales on March 3-5 totaled nearly 8,000, down from the little over 8,000 on the previous Saturday, Sunday and Monday (Feb. 24-26).

In terms of on-demand audio and video streams, Jackson’s tunes saw a decline of 5 percent, falling to 19.7 million on March 3-5, down from 18.7 million on Feb. 24-26.

Viewing Jackson’s radio airplay picture, spins of his songs fell by 13 percent to 5,200 plays across all monitored U.S. terrestrial and satellite radio stations on March 3-5 (down from 6,000 on Feb. 24-26).

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8501755/michael-jackson-sales-streaming-airplay-decline-leaving-neverland

weed
2 minutes ago, Runway said:

In terms of on-demand audio and video streams, Jackson’s tunes saw a decline of 5 percent, falling to 19.7 million on March 3-5, down from 18.7 million on Feb. 24-26.

8366b396eecc21ba4d3a39ad28b9a448.gif

Regina George

I won’t be protecting him or saying anything about the allegations but his music is truly legendary and it’s such a shame it’ll be remembered like this. When I say legendary I mean it. Even if you never liked him you definitely heard his music and he was a great performer and he did help a lot of people.. 

Chickens in Malibu

Oh gee, decline of 4%

Shows how much people give a **** about these uncorroborated and contradictory allegations.

I'm really surprised the overwhelming majority of the radios are still playing his songs, which is how it should be.

It just shows this documentary added nothing new to the conversation, people who thought MJ was a pedophile were reaffirmed, and people who think he wasn't still continue to believe he is innocent (including myself).

Runway
3 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

Oh gee, decline of 4%

Shows how much people give a **** about these uncorroborated and contradictory allegations.

I'm really surprised the overwhelming majority of the radios are still playing his songs, which is how it should be.

It just shows this documentary added nothing new to the conversation, people who thought MJ was a pedophile were reaffirmed, and people who think he wasn't still continue to believe he is innocent (including myself).

His music was already banned on New Zealand and UK radio stations

In the United States, he is progressively losing spins on the Adult Contemporary format. Js

53110560_263125494638892_556078672756133

Chickens in Malibu
2 minutes ago, Runway said:

His music was already banned on New Zealand and UK radio stations

In the United States, he is progressively losing spins on the Adult Contemporary format. Js

53110560_263125494638892_556078672756133

It wasn't banned globally in those countries. Some radio stations chose to not play it anymore.

Overall it's still being played as you see more than Madonna for example, and this is in the midst of the media storm surrounding Neverland documentary. I honestly expected all radios to stop playing him at least temporarily but I'm glad only a few did.

Runway
2 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

It wasn't banned globally in those countries. Some radio stations chose to not play it anymore.

Overall it's still being played as you see more than Madonna for example, and this is in the midst of the media storm surrounding Neverland documentary. I honestly expected all radios to stop playing him but I'm glad only a few did.

Which is why i said progressively. Still doesn’t change the fact he lost over 800 spins (more than any other artist) in a format he used to dominate :reductive:

Chickens in Malibu
Just now, Runway said:

Which is why i said progressively. Still doesn’t change the fact he lost over 800 spins (more than any other artist) in a format he used to dominate :reductive:

progressively insinuates it'll keep falling. But I think it'll go up again after the media storm. Some radios don't want him played while there's this controversy going on. Once the media stop talking about it, and people go back to requesting him it'll go up don't worry. 

You guys have to live with the fact that people aren't naive, and what the media tries to shove down their throat doesn't always work. As you can see his sales are still very strong because there's a strong belief he's innocent, especially older people. They've been through 93 and 2004 when all the media turned on him and demonized him only for him to be found innocent time and again.

malazam

wig finally! Sony phone losing ‘em coins and I couldn’t be happier

His children have money for 10 more lives, my precious Paris is doing fine so one thing to thanks that trash phony doc

another shot before we kiss the other side

Chickens in Malibu
2 minutes ago, malazam said:

wig finally! Sony phone losing ‘em coins and I couldn’t be happier

His children have money for 10 more lives, my precious Paris is doing fine so one thing to thanks that trash phony doc

I've always wondered where does that all the money he's making go to? His estate gives it to Sony?

If so that's really ****ed up... I think it should go to his family.

malazam
6 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

I've always wondered where does that all the money he's making go to? His estate gives it to Sony?

If so that's really ****ed up... I think it should go to his family.

His family gets money of course. But Sony is trash.

Two years ago Sony bought MJ most precious treasure: the catalogue. He refused to sell it his whole life, Sony destroyed his last era and was behind all the blackash he got for most of the years bc of the refusal.

The catalogue contains thiausands of songs (from The Beatles to some of Gaga’s songs), he was protecting something valued in +2 billion dollars but well, they finally did it. 

His children after I don’t remember what age would get like 90m a year and  I guess when Gaga finally buys Neverland they’ll get an extra

Anyway, Sony is still milking him,  MJ earns dead +100m 

another shot before we kiss the other side

DeleteMyAccount

So what new or old allegations did the alleged victims bring up now? And how does it seem more reliable than when Michael was first at trial? The only thing I'm seeing from all this is a new wave of backlash on Michael and destroying his rep.

StarstruckIllusion

it’s not like any of the streams are going into his pockets so this is just a dumb act smh

Archived