celeb

Gaga’s Instagram video about to reach 500m views

Debithius

Featured Posts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mindintransit

If you google Lady Gaga music tattoo you will see the story and links to the video everywhere on the internet. I think literally hundreds of news sites and magazines thought it was funny and, you know, it was about Lady Gaga.
It was on BBC!  Everyone thought she was good humored and the "musical crisis averted", "too many tequilas" and her laughing apology to music (Sorry music!) made it irresistible.
The huge number of links have sent millions of people to the video. I think that alone could keep this going. Apparently LM have also been busy.
She is the queen of everything but there really are better ways to celebrate her. Oh well. Not sure what can be done. It seems to have its own crazy momentum.

Marvsnr
2 hours ago, Bovary said:

I am shocked 

giphy.gif

Omg queen Theresia from Germany's Next Top Model, that was so unexpected :gaycat:

Also seriously what is going on with the views? Coming for Number one video on Instagram :firega:

Damon
1 hour ago, mindintransit said:

If you google Lady Gaga music tattoo you will see the story and links to the video everywhere on the internet. I think literally hundreds of news sites and magazines thought it was funny and, you know, it was about Lady Gaga.
It was on BBC!  Everyone thought she was good humored and the "musical crisis averted", "too many tequilas" and her laughing apology to music (Sorry music!) made it irresistible.
The huge number of links have sent millions of people to the video. I think that alone could keep this going. Apparently LM have also been busy.
She is the queen of everything but there really are better ways to celebrate her. Oh well. Not sure what can be done. It seems to have its own crazy momentum.

yeah but it wasn't as relevant as ariana's tattoo mistake, the views are obviously payola

... and now i just sit in silence.

FinnishGypsy
21 hours ago, LIKELADYAGAGA said:

it is because that video should have like 4 million views. not 400,000,000+. something is sketchy. 

She has the #1 song and album in the US & Canada, just won an Oscar, had a viral performance, is still vacillating between having the #1-2 song WW five months after it’s release, and is the #1 trending person on Twitter at the moment. 

Every day there are several new articles about Gaga. She is literally everywhere; this IS her second peak.

No one would’ve doubted such numbers during her first peak. So why now? She’s back to being the biggest popstar, and since SM has exploded since the last time she was #1, the views will reflect as such. 

I hate that her own fans are the ones to question her popularity and authenticity.

For example, the other day I responded to one of those “list your 5 most inspirational women” tweets, and my 1-5 were politicians like Michelle Obama, but I added an additional tweet with #6 as “an honorary spot for inspirational equality advocate, @ladygaga.”

And that second tweet, despite being posted on a solely political post, actually got MORE likes from feminists/activists than the first one (I even checked the likes, they were all #RESIST accounts rather than Gaga stans).

Initially, Gaga had massive popularity but no respect. After AP, she slowly gained ubiquitous respect, but no longer had that massive level of popularity. Well, it’s taken a decade, but she finally has BOTH, as she’s always rightfully deserved.

And the FANS, rather than the GP, are the ones calling this fraudulent. Jesus. :saladga:

Gagaloo911
18 minutes ago, Antonoff said:

yeah but it wasn't as relevant as ariana's tattoo mistake, the views are obviously payola

You're obviously payola. And pressed.

This was obviously more relevant considering all the publications that posted about it and the fact she's the MOST talked about and relevant musician and pop star right now :ohwell:

nodandsmile
4 hours ago, myluis617 said:

This is getting aggravating and Monsters going on with the joke are getting tiring too. Like This is only going to make us look bad as a fan base.

giphy.gif

LIKELADYAGAGA
20 minutes ago, FinnishGypsy said:

She has the #1 song in the US & Canada, just won an Oscar, had a viral performance, is still vacillating between having the #1-2 song WW five months after it’s release, and is the #1 trending person on Twitter at the moment. 

Every day there are several new articles about Gaga. She is literally everywhere; this IS her second peak.

No one would’ve doubted such numbers during her first peak. So why now? She’s back to being the biggest popstar, and since SM has exploded since the last time she was #1, the views will reflect as such. 

I hate that her own fans are the ones to question her popularity and authenticity.

For example, the other day I responded to one of those “list your 5 most inspirational women” tweets, and my 1-5 were politicians like Michelle Obama, but I added an additional tweet with #6 as “an honorary spot for inspirational equality advocate, @ladygaga.”

And that second tweet, despite being posted on a solely political post, actually got MORE likes from feminists/activists than the first one (I even checked the likes, they were all #RESIST accounts rather than Gaga stans).

Initially, Gaga had massive popularity but no respect. After AP, she slowly gained ubiquitous respect, but no longer had that massive level of popularity. Well, it’s taken a decade, but she finally has BOTH, as she’s always rightfully deserved.

And the FANS, rather than the GP, are the ones calling this fraudulent. Jesus. :saladga:

I agree with you 100% and I haven't complained once. Somebody asked why this was so weird and I was simply explaining why. SOMETHING is a little off whether that be Instagram's promotion of the video or what. I was the one who originally came up with the hypothesis Instagram could have just added this to everybody's explore tab. With that said, it is still odd that this video is getting so many views... nobody can say this isn't odd. She could be elected the president of the united states and this magnitude of views would still be odd. I don't know how Instagram's algorithm works but the fact that this video is gonna probably be a 1 billion views within a matter of a few weeks is something else.

LIKELADYAGAGA
24 minutes ago, FinnishGypsy said:

I also NEVER  said anything about these views be fraudulent. I highly doubt instagram doesn't have measures to prevent buying views. They probably have bots to stop that from happening. 

Damon
4 hours ago, Gagaloo92 said:

You're obviously payola. And pressed.

This was obviously more relevant considering all the publications that posted about it and the fact she's the MOST talked about and relevant musician and pop star right now :ohwell:

lol let's not be this delulu and have our feet on the ground, gaga is having a big momentum and that's terrific but ariana is still eclipsing gaga, her tattoo was all over the news even in my country and they hardly speak about international popstars

yes, she won the #1 album and song this week but it was just the oscars boost but ari will come back

and about instagram, ariana is way more popular on social media, and her videos hardly reach 10M each, this gaga post is a quite weird thing though, i'm not saying gaga bought those views but maybe some monster did, i mean it would be a dumb move fromgaga's team to invest on a single post to reach this many views though

... and now i just sit in silence.

SharkmanthaC

It reached 5 million (510+ million actually).

8 hours ago, Mirages said:

She should release her next video only on Instagram and not YouTube... Will reach 2b views like nothing :firega: just a concept you know :ladyhaha:

She can release it in a 3 part series since Instagram doesn't let you post long videos.

she/her/hers

5 hours ago, Antonoff said:

I can't see why anyone would buy views for this. It's not even that interesting really. So, I assume it just legitimately "went viral".

weed

510,000,000 views now :nooo: 

all my life I've been good, but now I'm thinking what the hell

Archived